How long to get your numberplate in 2016?

KhruGin

Often it is a worry for newly purchased motorcycles in Thailand as to how long it takes for the log book and actual number plate to arrive. Many dealers say 30 days, some 60, and some in reality wait even longer. From other threads Ive seen as little as 19 days and going up to 3 or 4 months ... so it's a bit random.

So would be nice to give an idea as to how long for other readers by time and province (province as some are quicker than others) as to your new motorbike in 2016.

My bike: 69 days Samut Sakhon province.

Cheers KhruGin.

As a sub note:Log book 22/4/16 (about 3 weeks ago) actual plate today ...the day when all is legal finally lol.

Edited by KhruGin

I bought a trailer in January from Thai Respo, four months later no book, no plates, and can't get a response to my enquiries.

Exactly the same for me. You are not alone.

JMR and Kim samui ....where in Thailand? I can hazard a guess at Kim lol. Please post up when you finally have that stamped white plate and good luck you two ...its a mare eh.

The Thai Respo people are in Samutsakorn, which is just outside Bangkok.

It could be a problem with the people getting their books, but they just don't answer the phone or emails.

The old Thai way of "Once they Have got your Money"applies to most business here.

Thailand has gone backwards, not forwards, with most everything. You can go blue in the face trying to speed things up, but it doesn't make much difference.

JMR and Kim samui ....where in Thailand? I can hazard a guess at Kim lol. Please post up when you finally have that stamped white plate and good luck you two ...its a mare eh.

The Thai Respo people are in Samutsakorn, which is just outside Bangkok.

It could be a problem with the people getting their books, but they just don't answer the phone or emails.

The old Thai way of "Once they Have got your Money"applies to most business here.

Thailand has gone backwards, not forwards, with most everything. You can go blue in the face trying to speed things up, but it doesn't make much difference.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/914386-warning-do-not-pay-in-full-until-delivery/#entry10751205

I bought a trailer in January from Thai Respo, four months later no book, no plates, and can't get a response to my enquiries.

Exactly the same for me. You are not alone.

To give them credit,

I did get an email from the office manager today explaining that the import documents were a problem and it delayed the registration process, but wold be complete end of May or June. Progress..I hope.

When i bought my Phantom in Pattaya, I got the plates that day, I was quite impressed by that. I have had my Vulcan S now for 6 weeks and still waiting, I was told 2-3 months here in Samut Prakarn. What is worse is I ordered Kawasaki original accessories and they are still not here, I could have ordered them on Ebay or Amazon from the US and got them in 2 weeks !!!