UK: Queen overheard calling Chinese officials 'very rude'

webfact

We live in sad times when you can't call a "fantastically corrupt" country what it is. Fantastically corrupt.

I saw the film of Cameron saying that. A senior Churchman who was also part of the conversation added, for the Queen's benefit, that the new Nigerian President isn't corrupt, and is trying to do something about the corruption.

Anyone who thinks corruption isn't rampant in those two countries is deluded. What's important is they have leaders who want to try to do something about it.

As usual the left wing PC liberal BBC want to comment without the full contexts.

These days the BBC is far from left wing. It's coverage of the recent elections was so loaded towards the tories. Also the recent protest in London which saw 150,000+ anti tory protestors decend on London, not 1 second of coverage on the BBC, they are now far right for sure.

Edited by PeeJay1959

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the Chinese found it rude when the Brits were pumping China full of opium.

China's got a lot of reasons to be 'rude' to the Brits.

The worm has turned and it really doesn't matter what the old dame thinks. She's offended? OK.

Really?

"Historical accounts suggest that opium first arrived in China during the Tang dynasty (618–907) as part of the merchandise of Arab traders".

Certainly Britain was involved in the opium trade but it was the Moghul emperors (Indian) who had the monopoly prior to the Indian wars.

Still, don't let facts get in the way of your prejudice.

Edited by nahkit

Cameron called Nigerian's and Afghans terribly corrupt, that was probably true too.

These countries should take notice and do something about it.

Was that said before they found David's bank account in the Panama .....??

The Chinese were so rude, oh dear how upsetting for the lady whose family had to change their real name from the German one (when the Germans were also being a little rude).....never mind her great uncle managed to get the Iron Cross.

German roots still a royal embarrassment ... The name of the royal house is Windsor, but the surname of the Queen and the Duke of ... of Hesse, was a member of the SS and flew fighters that attacked allied troops in Italy. George V was King of the United Kingdom and he changed the name of the British royal house from the German-sounding ... George's relatives who fought on the German side, such as Prince Ernst ..wikipedia

David?

Are you referring to David Cameron?

If so, you are completely wrong. David Cameron was not mentioned in the Panama papers, it was his deceased father.

Listening to the BBC tonight as they interviewed Sir David Tang from Hong Kong. He said if the Queen found Chinese rude she should not go to America as they all wore sunglasses and earphones and looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger. As an American I found him to be quite offensive and inaccurate. I wonder if it is because he is Chinese or British?

post-246924-0-10789300-1463228959_thumb.

You found those 3 comments offensive and inaccurate.......you all don't look like Schwarzenegger cheesy.gif

If he is from Hong Kong is would say neither Chinese or British

Listening to the BBC tonight as they interviewed Sir David Tang from Hong Kong. He said if the Queen found Chinese rude she should not go to America as they all wore sunglasses and earphones and looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger. As an American I found him to be quite offensive and inaccurate. I wonder if it is because he is Chinese or British?

Hong Kongers have a continuous gripe that Mainland Chinese visitors are rather rude and would nod in response to HM's remarks.

Edited by SheungWan

When I worked in Mainland China during the late 80's and early 90's, I had a lot of friends in Beijing and they liked to refer to the people in Hong Kong as 'peasants with money.'

The people of Hong Kong were not known for their politeness, either, although it was always a welcomed treat when I returned from the Mainland.

But now the actual Mainland peasants are taking trips to HK. Alighting from escalators in groups of 6 and suddenly stopping to chat, causing logjams. I saw this scene at IFC where three such bumpkins squatting on their haunches had decided to have a convenience store lunch DIRECTLY blocking the door of one of the shops. A security guard was moving them.

Literally 2 metres left or right they probably would not have been noticed.

Kind of admire the attitude of these hayseeds as they have no concern whatsoever for sweet FA, seems a stressfree way of life.

Edited by arunsakda

When I worked in Mainland China during the late 80's and early 90's, I had a lot of friends in Beijing and they liked to refer to the people in Hong Kong as 'peasants with money.'

The people of Hong Kong were not known for their politeness, either, although it was always a welcomed treat when I returned from the Mainland.

I returned to Macau from Zhuhai and went through the Macau immigration. I was next in line and I was walking to the window when this very rude Chinese fellow ran in front of me and placed his passport down. I picked up his bag and threw it as far as I could behind the waiting lines, stepped up to the immigration officer and she said "is there a problem" I replied "not now". I asked where this fellow was from and she replied "Hong Kong."