Green Bus Co. to Chiang Rai

westbounder

I am familiar with the Green Bus Company's bus from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai.

Does anyone know the daily schedule for going and returning?
Can I just show up at the bus station and purchase a ticket minutes before departure?

Thank You

With the Green bus you need to book at least the day before .You can book on line First bus is a so called A class bus (no toilet and some parcel delivery stops but cheap at B160 ) ,leaves ARcade bus station at 6 am .

Book via their website or app. Pay for ticket in 7-11. Don't worry about trying to buy a ticket in the bus station. Easiest way.

Although 7/11 will charge B 30 for each segment so there and back B60 .When you get to the bus station you still need to go to the ticket counter to get your official ticket .

Book via their website or app. Pay for ticket in 7-11. Don't worry about trying to buy a ticket in the bus station. Easiest way.

Although 7/11 will charge B 30 for each segment so there and back B60 .When you get to the bus station you still need to go to the ticket counter to get your official ticket .

Yes, there's a tiny fee to pay in 7-11. Though you only pay once. No, you don't need to go to a ticket counter to get an official ticket. Done it many times. Never been to any counter whatsoever.

There are two official GB agents on Suthep and at least one inside the moat...west of the police station 200 meters on the right....They charge 20 per ticket and you can go straight to the bus. One of the ones on Suthep is almost across the street from Mcdonald's.

Yes, there's a tiny fee to pay in 7-11. Though you only pay once. No, you don't need to go to a ticket counter to get an official ticket. Done it many times. Never been to any counter whatsoever.

You use your internet booking print on A4 paper ,whatever ,to show the driver ?..And a B60 total fee from 7/11 there and back (B30 each way ) i class as substantial .

Edited by anto

You use your internet booking print on A4 paper ,whatever ,to show the driver ?..And a B60 total fee from 7/11 there and back (B30 each way ) i class as substantial .

No. You use the ticket which is the 7-11 receipt. If you count a sum of less than $1 as substantial I can only pity you.