Non Operating Company Closure

Can anyone tell me what i have to do if anything to close a company i set up in may this year. I opened the company but have never used it any way or form(no activety-due to law change).Have been told by a lawyer in bangkok that if i dont use the company for 3 years it will close automatically ! . Any info would be great as have been asked to file tax returns etc.

I suggest that you should be careful about abandoning the company like a lawyer told you. There are fines for not filing financial statements with the Ministry of Commerce and tax return with the Revenue Dept. It is just a matter of chance to get away with it. After this situation change, it is hard to tell whether the authorities will track down on this or not. Best bet is to sell the company.

Please pm me with details as we are looking to form another company !! We may be able to come to an arrangement

Sincere question. How would a potential buyer of an existing company indemnify themselves against any unknown pre-existing liabilities the company may have?