Quick Trip Report Visa Extension Bangkok

Thanks for your report and it is not useless. Even though I have been here 5 years, it is always nice to hear the latest news and if anything has changed at the Immigration Division1 office. There is a place on their website for complaints and like you I don't like the people that rudely cut into the lines as you are going in at opening time. I once wrote them and said I am not complaining about the staff but it would be nice if you could have an officer or two standing outside the entrance door to keep people from cutting in line after some of us have waited for an hour or so. The next time I went they had a couple of officers out there and it really helped. I am sure it was not my complaint but if more people would do it, they might keep on top of it. Thanks again.

• Like 2

Would be nice if they had a couple of officers outside the entry door come the 0830am and 1pm openings, but I've never seen any and I usually make 5 trips per year to Bangkok immigration and have been at many 0830am and 1pm openings.

Good report. I went to Pattaya Immigration yesterday for my annual 'retirement visa'. I'd tried the day before but could n't even get in, the building was so full. I spoke to a Turkish official there who said Thai staff worked till 8pm on Wednesday to clear the backlog from the long weekend. (I am so glad I don't live in Chang Mai. If sufficient people threatened to move to Pattaya, I am sure local business pressure would ensure an improved service?)

It took me five minutes (at 4pm) to hand in my papers; I have to go back to collect my passport today.

Get BobTH to write and explain that shutting a Government office for a one hour lunch is incredibly inefficient when a staggered lunch break would ensure better service.

• Like 1

whistling.gif just to add that i went to CW today (13 May) and got a 30 day extension.

Not that many people there today compared to Monday the 10th.

Total time from arrival to departure with 30 day extension was slightly over 1 hour today.

Including a break downstairs for cofee and donuts

I was there on the same day (2016-05-12) for a non-immigrant O extension of stay application and got a queue ticket at around 14:00. My number was in the 150s and the numbers being served at that time was in the 50s. I hanged around for around an hour to see the rate and it was slow, like 15 per hour. I gave up when I calculated that it would be almost impossible to be served that day, as it closes at 16:30.

It seems a little strange that they give out such high numbers so late in the day, but I think the numbers actually continue on to the next morning. Can anyone confirm? I didn't go the next morning so am not sure.

I was there on the same day (2016-05-12) for a non-immigrant O extension of stay application and got a queue ticket at around 14:00. My number was in the 150s and the numbers being served at that time was in the 50s. I hanged around for around an hour to see the rate and it was slow, like 15 per hour. I gave up when I calculated that it would be almost impossible to be served that day, as it closes at 16:30.

It seems a little strange that they give out such high numbers so late in the day, but I think the numbers actually continue on to the next morning. Can anyone confirm? I didn't go the next morning so am not sure.

They stop issuing numbers at 15:30 and keep working until all numbers are called and all applications completed or rejected. They don't carry over numbers to the next day.

Can anyone tell me what are the documents needed to submit for extension of 60 days tourist visa? I have to do mine this week and I want to prepare all of it ASAP. smile.png I'll do it in the Chaengwattana office. Will I be needing proof of address? Thanks!

Edited by jbllim

Can anyone tell me what are the documents needed to submit for extension of 60 days tourist visa? I have to do mine this week and I want to prepare all of it ASAP. smile.png I'll do it in the Chaengwattana office. Will I be needing proof of address? Thanks!

A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download and print 2 sided: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

CW does not ask for a TM30 when applying for a 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visa entry.