Fake Grass - Where's the best deal?

kblaze

Anyone have experience with buying the "fake" green grass to put on your patio or someplace indoor? I got a 2 meter by 1 meter strip of really good quality stuff that feels like the real thing when you walk on it, but it was quite expensive at 1,500 baht from Homepro.

Haven't had any dealings with this company but have seen them on Facebook, might have something for you.

http://www.freshygrass.com

A site with fantastic choice of different plastic grass but unfortunately all in Thai so I can't do my sums. Like the OP after replacing my lawn seemingly every year and being unable to buy grass seed I am looking at artificial but so far suppliers seem incredibly expensive.

I looked at this stuff in Homepro, HomeMart and Watsadu when they were on offer and tried to read the instructions (in English) on the label. My memory is it seemed fairly restrictive in how well it would hold up when exposed to the elements. You need to put a barrier down if on earth for example and then there did not seem that many perforations to allow water to escape.

I would also be very interested in anybody who has used it as I have a dustbowl where the dogs track through all the time next to a concrete patio and want to alleviate the dust in some way.

Haven't had any dealings with this company but have seen them on Facebook, might have something for you.

http://www.freshygrass.com

A site with fantastic choice of different plastic grass but unfortunately all in Thai so I can't do my sums. Like the OP after replacing my lawn seemingly every year and being unable to buy grass seed I am looking at artificial but so far suppliers seem incredibly expensive.

Try out Google Translate, here is a link to translate "freshygrass.com" https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=th&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freshygrass.com%2Findex.php&sandbox=1

You can just bookmark that and change the URL for any site you want.

FYI, Their prices are by SQM, they also do installation for an additional fee.

Good luck.

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 1

Dear Expat 4 Life, thanks for your help & I was able to view the products. I am a bit thick as I still can''t get a price for say 100 square metres of, say, 15mm E02.

It's one of these typical Thai sites with flashing this and that, can be confusing.

Go to the bottom and you'll find this link: Artificial grass flooring 15mm.

That leads to here

http://www.freshygrass.com/product/1614391/หญ้าเทียมปูพื้น-15-mm.-สีเขียวเข้ม.html

Edited by expat_4_life

Im a carpet fitter in the UK and carpet warehouses supply artificial grass. I believe it starts at trade at around 500baht a SQ MTR. I know the UK is NOT Thailand before anyone pipes up lol I just wanted to see how the prices compare.

I can lay artificial grass but please do not think you just roll it out and cut it in. There is a lot of prep work required and additional materials.

There are many videos on Youtube showing how it should be laid

Im back in December if you will be looking for it fitting ;)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/13/2016 at 8:39 AM, topt said:

I looked at this stuff in Homepro, HomeMart and Watsadu when they were on offer and tried to read the instructions (in English) on the label. My memory is it seemed fairly restrictive in how well it would hold up when exposed to the elements. You need to put a barrier down if on earth for example and then there did not seem that many perforations to allow water to escape.

I would also be very interested in anybody who has used it as I have a dustbowl where the dogs track through all the time next to a concrete patio and want to alleviate the dust in some way.

i got some frpm homepro then from lazada (15 or 20mm) and it is outside since 2 years.. colours have not fade at all, and im very happy of it. recommended to make a few tiny holes so the rain water can get through it like real one. i did not have any installation to do, just unrolled it and lay it down on concrete. you can check this website: www.ultimaflooring.com (bkk) also many shops behind chatuchak.

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I have a big yard & was thinking of putting in a small pitch of 50x25 metres for the nippers.

Has anyone put any fake grass in lately & can recommend a company?

My folks have it in the UK... It was too hot for my son to play on in the Summer. 

Thus: Consider where it will be and how much sun it will be exposed to - it may be too hot to actually use / enjoy.