The new "Tracker" by our friends here in Thailand... Stallion

That is what I have read..Made In Thailand....,,looking at some FaceBook Stallion group rides, they all take off early and come home late with out a breakdown.

Unlike the Tiger...was it called? where some would have to be pick-up trucked home....

So it appears same price as damn it as the 150 cenetuars. I think they look cool in the army green and the bright yellow editions. If I have a spare 60k knockin around I may jusy buy one to do the shopping on.

DILLIGAD: yes agree need a solid black exhaust. Is that want you are thinking?

Thinking of getting one and see what happens...Just ride now and then anyway, I have a traffic scoot. But if it is crap well, it's 60k throw away bike....no biggie:

DILLIGAD: yes agree need a solid black exhaust. Is that want you are thinking? Thinking of getting one and see what happens...Just ride now and then anyway, I have a traffic scoot. But if it is crap well, it's 60k throw away bike....no biggie:

Agree but I think it would look better with a higher pipe like nearly every other 'scrambler' has. Edited by DILLIGAD

How does this remotely qualify as a scrambler?

Unless you're talking about something like a triumph t200 with vaguely knobbly tyres from about half a century ago.

d1904f0e6b6921a9aadd7b571f619512.jpg

I think your picture is a T20 Tiger cub. I had a 1961 model to restore many your ago.

We all have different opinions about 'what looks right' and I have stated mine.

Unless you're talking about something like a triumph t200 with vaguely knobbly tyres from about half a century ago.

I think your picture is a T20 Tiger cub. I had a 1961 model to restore many your ago.

We all have different opinions about 'what looks right' and I have stated mine.

Sorry, yes it's a tiger cub. I had one too.

The Tracker is an odd looking bike! Sort of freaky really, in fact like the Honda NX700 is odd....but in a different way! I look at the Stallion and it has synergy, not odd or freaky! gigglem.gif

I dont know who is designing all these generic bikes that are coming to the market recently ( such as the Stallions , the smaller Benellis and the Keeways ) , but they are doing a dam good job of making some very attractive , purposefull looking bikes , at amazing prices. Seems a very good alternative to a scooter , for a runaround bike. Stand by for some highly modified versions of these bikes hitting the streets soon.

That is what I have read..Made In Thailand....,,looking at some FaceBook Stallion group rides, they all take off early and come home late with out a breakdown.

Unlike the Tiger...was it called? where some would have to be pick-up trucked home....

Strange you mentioned Tiger. Those pictures actually look like the Tiger factory!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/05/2016 at 6:40 PM, BaldPlumber said:

Yes, that's where the name came from, in the 50s/60's Brits would race them around a field course, which soon got scrambled into mud. So the description "Scrambler" is spot on.

Our local dealer is aiming to start up various evens for these bikes, including a  scramble sounds a great idea. No where near as dangerous as the more modern events with long stroke suspension encouraging really high jumps.

They do this sort of stuff in India using Enfields.

Careful what you say about Royal Enfield, as they have or had in the last 3-years the world best designers and engineers working for them... Guys who made the amazingly successful Ducati Monster.... and guys who made fuel injection work on engines which a few years seemed impossible....

Also Royal Enfield is since a few months again a official English company, they invested into the UK a lot and even bought Harris Performance, which is a leading English manufacturer of performance parts for motorcycles. Harris Performance also holds a few patents that could be useful for Royal Enfield to stay complaint with the latest exhaust emission rules/law around the world and still be able to be fully retro look with an air-cooled engine.

18 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

I saw that in the 'Our Guy in India' programs. It looked great fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one I saw, be good to see it done in Thailand, a fairly low risk fun motorsport, better that the kids screaming up and down the roads.

Scrambling caught on in the UK because it was cheap and therefore accessible, you just needed a bike, with grippy tyres and a field. They roped off a track and a sport was born, I used to watch it on the TV, everyone got pretty plastered in mud. 

This was quite similar to the Indian event, but with fewer riders. Too old to compete, but I would go and watch....

Put together in thai but all chinese components. Pretty cheap, not the best welded frames and such. Barely in the same leagues as the bikes they are designed to appear similar to. Fact is all these bikes just arent fun enough to ride but thats a personal choice. Underpowered, lack performance in all areas. Still theres not a great load of reasonably priced options for anything seemingly different.

On 01/10/2016 at 10:52 AM, AllanB said:

That's the one I saw, be good to see it done in Thailand, a fairly low risk fun motorsport, better that the kids screaming up and down the roads.

Scrambling caught on in the UK because it was cheap and therefore accessible, you just needed a bike, with grippy tyres and a field. They roped off a track and a sport was born, I used to watch it on the TV, everyone got pretty plastered in mud. 

This was quite similar to the Indian event, but with fewer riders. Too old to compete, but I would go and watch....

This is already going on in Thailand.

Just google "Hell on dirt".