Departure Tax

Briggsy

• 2 weeks later...
that would be excellent news, anyone else can confirm this?

when does the departure tax increase? or does it do so in line with hiding it in your ticket costs?

the new departure tax inc in ticket starts feb 2007

up from 500 to 700 bht :o , it will be included in the ticket price when purchased

Bannanna Airways still to get wire up yea....

All the biggis say that they are including it from NOW but wont be fully implimented until FEB when it offically goes UP to 700 Bt. :o

£10 quid to escape from Bangers ...quel horreur

Hmmm bought a ticket and it definitely doesnt include the departure tax. :o

When are you flying? From what I understand, it will be included if you are flying Feb '07 or later.

March 07, Washington - in yankland!!!! :D

What airline?

I've only seen official announcements from Air Asia and Thai Airways that they are now collecting the tax as part of the ticket. It's up to each airline to decide when they start charging. If the airline you're flying didn't charge you when you bought the ticket, then you'll have to pay at the airport before departing, likely at the check-in counter rather than at the entry to immigration, though this point hasn't been clarified yet.

that would be excellent news, anyone else can confirm this?

when does the departure tax increase? or does it do so in line with hiding it in your ticket costs?

why is this excellent news? I prefer paying 500 baht cash, than 700 baht in any form.

Edited by Gumballl

Hmmm bought a ticket and it definitely doesnt include the departure tax. :o

When are you flying? From what I understand, it will be included if you are flying Feb '07 or later.

March 07, Washington - in yankland!!!! :D

What airline?

UAL - I seriously doubt it because its a good scam for the airport authority!

Edited by britmaveric

Thai Airway charged me 500Baht last week when I purchased my round ticket to Vietnam (for Vietnam airport tax only). I paid 500 Baht when I left for VN last week at "Suwanbumi" airport. They told me next year they will include Thailand airport tax to all tickets to Thailand.

:o

UAL - I seriously doubt it because its a good scam for the airport authority!

You think that the departure tax won't be included in the ticket price because it's a good scam? Care to elaborate? I fail to see how buying the ticket is a scam. Maybe a good opportunity for workers to try to skim some of the cash collected from the airport authority, but don't see any way the airport authority itself can scam anyone. If anything having it included in the price of the ticket might be considered a scam because transiting passengers using multiple tickets get charged for something that they shouldn't be.

Presently, you have to pay Baht 500 seperately in cash before entering the immigration area for departure.

Departing from Saigon, you have to pay US$ 14.00, now no longer at departure, but with the check-in procedures.

THB 500 and payable in cash - the money goes to AOT.

THB 700 and payable in the ticket - the money will still go to AOT.

I've just booked my flight for May next year and my travel agent says all tickets will have the departure tax taken at purchase and not as at present. Back to ye olde days!

I have two tickets which include BKK-NRT segments on UA for travel in March and June of 2007. The tax/fee breakout is challenging to decipher, but on my June 2007 departure there is a fee for $19.03. This has a "AY" tag. My travel agent is checking on this for me. This seems like a reasonable figure for 700 THB as that was the approximate exchange rate when I purchased this ticket. For my March departure the fees are exactly the same except there is no similar figure. I suspect it has to do with when I purchased these tickets? I will follow up when I hear from my TA

Edited by lomatopo

• 3 weeks later...
I have two tickets which include BKK-NRT segments on UA for travel in March and June of 2007. The tax/fee breakout is challenging to decipher, but on my June 2007 departure there is a fee for $19.03. This has a "AY" tag. My travel agent is checking on this for me. This seems like a reasonable figure for 700 THB as that was the approximate exchange rate when I purchased this ticket. For my March departure the fees are exactly the same except there is no similar figure. I suspect it has to do with when I purchased these tickets? I will follow up when I hear from my TA

Any new news on the airport departure tax? Is it still 500 per person? Leaving tomorrow

and would like to know. Tks.

Any new news on the airport departure tax? Is it still 500 per person? Leaving tomorrow

and would like to know. Tks.

It's still 500, to be paid in cash at the airport...all the news clearly state the increase & payment change will happen for flights starting Feb 2007.