Englishtips.org blocked?

petedk

Yes !

Thanks.

Pity. It was a great site to find new books.

I had no trouble accessing it a minute ago.

Possibly your internet connection; when accessing from your mobile, were you using WiFi or a data package?

If you were accessing through a bookmark or favorite, try deleting these, access again through the URL box (or a search engine link) and re-save to bookmarks or favorites when successfully connected to the site.

Yes !

Thanks.

Pity. It was a great site to find new books.

I had no trouble accessing it a minute ago.

Possibly your internet connection; when accessing from your mobile, were you using WiFi or a data package?

If you were accessing through a bookmark or favorite, try deleting these, access again through the URL box (or a search engine link) and re-save to bookmarks or favorites when successfully connected to the site.

Oh. I tried accessing from: bookmark, Google , and typing in URL.

I have tried using Chrome, Firefox and Explorer.

I am using True High Speed.

Yes if I use AIS 4G I can access

Maybe True has blocked it.

Why would they block it ?

Someone will pop up soon saying they can connect via True. I suspect the problem is yours !

Someone will pop up soon saying they can connect via True. I suspect the problem is yours !

Good question,,I have no idea why they would block it, but now I see another True user is also getting a timed out.

Good question,,I have no idea why they would block it, but now I see another True user is also getting a timed out.

Using a PC, isp 3bb.

Tried firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, no problem, got in every time.

post-246045-0-51466200-1463162956_thumb.

Working for me on True.

What connection do you use?

I use high speed cable. I can't really see that that should make any difference.

Likewise location shouldn't make any difference. I am in bangkok.

I think I will give True a call today and see what they say.

I mentioned that I can access Englishtios through my AIS 4G but when I switch to Wifi at home, I cannot connect.

Working for me on True.

Yes but your post is a different day + morning.....

Me there was no other option for past 12 years but TRUE......... Here on ThaiVisa if I ever try to login after 16:00 then will time out or just part load a page and then stop............. mornings never a problem, now at this moment not using a VPN and perfect + englishtips.org also loads no problem.. yesterday evening would not load unless using a VPN

This is nothing new to me, ThaiVisa has been the same for some years late afternoon and all evenings....... use a VPN = opens perfect 1st time.. mostly use a VPN to Singapore for ThaiVisa as it opens fastest, it still opens with a German or UK VPN just appears slower

No idea why, used to think it was something my end.......... since then have had a new router + built a new PC fairly high spec about 18 months ago, still same so think it cannot be my PC or Router....... was same using 'Vista' and then Windows 7, and now Win 10.

Working for me on True.

Yes but your post is a different day + morning.....

Me there was no other option for past 12 years but TRUE......... Here on ThaiVisa if I ever try to login after 16:00 then will time out or just part load a page and then stop............. mornings never a problem, now at this moment not using a VPN and perfect + englishtips.org also loads no problem.. yesterday evening would not load unless using a VPN

This is nothing new to me, ThaiVisa has been the same for some years late afternoon and all evenings....... use a VPN = opens perfect 1st time.. mostly use a VPN to Singapore for ThaiVisa as it opens fastest, it still opens with a German or UK VPN just appears slower

No idea why, used to think it was something my end.......... since then have had a new router + built a new PC fairly high spec about 18 months ago, still same so think it cannot be my PC or Router....... was same using 'Vista' and then Windows 7, and now Win 10.

I must admit I too have problems opening Thai Visa using True.

If I switch to my mobile and AIS, then no problems

Working for me on True.

What connection do you use?

I use high speed cable. I can't really see that that should make any difference.

Likewise location shouldn't make any difference. I am in bangkok.

I think I will give True a call today and see what they say.

I mentioned that I can access Englishtios through my AIS 4G but when I switch to Wifi at home, I cannot connect.

I'm also on cable but I do seem to have issues where some other sites that are internationally hosted are slow at times. Can't remember any specific examples off the top of my head.

Likely it's a specific problem with True and their DNS servers?

Give Google DNS a try:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#google_public_dns_ip_addresses

Can you open a cmd prompt and do a ping:

ping englishtips.org

I get:

Pinging englishtips.org [148.251.79.133] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 148.251.79.133: bytes=32 time=244ms TTL=49

I just tried to open it on my mobile and I could not access the site. I use DTAC for my data package on my mobile.

Tethered my mobile internet connection to my laptop and still could not connect to the site.

Tried to open using my home internet and had no problems accessing the site. I use TOT for my home internet.

• 5 weeks later...

Problem resolved.

I called True on Friday to ask if this site was blocked or what. The girl at customer service was very helpful and admitted that she couldn't open Englishtips either but that she used AIS on her mobile and could open it from there.

Today I can open Englishtips.org on True.

• 1 year later...

I've just had a barny with True over the same problems you are having, most notably an inability to connect anywhere evenings and weekends, plus both I and my sister-in-law had monthly payments made but go missing with True insisting they had not been paid - they had but I lost my receipt, sister-in-law had hers and won, I lost.

So with True promising my wife to sort out connection problems due they said to an overloaded network but doing nothing over a 2 year period we cancelled last month and instead we went with AIS. Sister-in-law was also fed up with lost payments and poor service and she too cancelled and went with AIS it transpires.

Not only twice as fast for the same money, but free installation, wiring, router, the whole package and so many more TV channels with loads of movie channels with English movies.

We had loads of sites blocked with True, some displaying that Thai Government sign so cannot blame True for that I assume, but got around that with Betternet free VPN before ditching Firefox in favour of Opera which has a vpn with unlimited download that you can set to be operative as soon as you open it. No loss of speed either and with True no more blocked sites. I also learnt how to turn on Geo blocking or turn off geo-location whatever the term is the only downside being I get advertising in Ukrainian, German, Arabic etc dependant on where Opera thinks it'll put me each day! 

So I recommend AIS over True and Opera free browser with permanent vpn built in if you choose to turn it on.

On 5/14/2016 at 8:02 AM, ignis said:

mostly use a VPN to Singapore for ThaiVisa as it opens fastest, it still opens with a German or UK VPN just appears slower

I assume TVF servers are still located in Singapore. Not a bad place to be. :wink:

Archived