Blunt Brexit warning from International Monetary Fund’s Lagarde

rooster59

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the OP "Opinion polls show Britons believe staying in the EU would be best for the economy but they are evenly split on how they intend to vote"

The Brits can clearly see the benefits of being in the European Economic Community, which they joined. Unfortunately Cameron and his cronies have completely failed to understand the mood of the people on the loss of national pride and sovereignty caused by "Ever Closer Union" which has been foisted undemocratically on member states.

Cameron's extremely lame "renegotiations" with the EU have done nothing to improve the mood.

From the OP "Opinion polls show Britons believe staying in the EU would be best for the economy but they are evenly split on how they intend to vote"

The Brits can clearly see the benefits of being in the European Economic Community, which they joined. Unfortunately Cameron and his cronies have completely failed to understand the mood of the people on the loss of national pride and sovereignty caused by "Ever Closer Union" which has been foisted undemocratically on member states.

Cameron's extremely lame "renegotiations" with the EU have done nothing to improve the mood.

"Ever closer union" has already been abandoned. Next....

I suspect that the recent revelation that migration figures have been grossly misrepresented will persuade many that the UK needs to take back control of its borders which can only be achieved by leaving the EU.

You think everyone who enters the UK has migrated?

I think many Europeans would taken one look, drink one beer and leave!

Actually, we should document all arrivals and departures as a matter of course. Goodness knows why that doesn't happen

Well it is certainly in EU's interest to try to get the UK to stay on board. The referendum is all about uncertainty with both sides desperately trying to scare the sh*t out of the other. This has become a political battle within the conservative party and in reality has been going on for years. The individuals on both sides are only interested in "winning" and will say anything to achieve that. It is not about what is best for Britain.

Funny how politics attract so much emotion. Time goes by and political parties trade punches and occasionally their is a change of colour in government but not that much changes. There are no heroes, just a lot of grubby loud mouthed second class citizens obsessed with self interests.

I suspect that the recent revelation that migration figures have been grossly misrepresented will persuade many that the UK needs to take back control of its borders which can only be achieved by leaving the EU.

Actually, we should document all arrivals and departures as a matter of course. Goodness knows why that doesn't happen

Do at least try to keep up.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/669853/Britains-1-5-million-hidden-EU-migrants

That of course excludes the illegals !

For now

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

For now

So why bring the issue up? Obfuscation?

BRexit exists only in hallucinations and wet dreams gigglem.gif

Unless you are from the UK ( which I doubt) butt out with the ignorant crudities ........

"Butt out" I say, that's a bit much! Finely sliced vegetables! Careful, the children might hear ! ? Edited by Grouse

Now this is fair comment

Exaggerated by The Express as you would expect

We, and all EU counties should monitor who is coming in and out. No big deal with modern passports.

However, short term visitors are not migrants

I should 'fess up ( is that the modern parlance?) that I have no problem with free movement of EU people. However, you know my views about Muslims and I draw the line there.

For now

I don't think it'll stick. I think at some point in the near future, national Parliaments will be as powerful as your town councils.

For now

I don't think it'll stick. I think at some point in the near future, national Parliaments will be as powerful as your town councils.

Fair enough, but I think your wrong ?

Now this is fair comment

We, and all EU counties should monitor who is coming in and out. No big deal with modern passports.

I should 'fess up ( is that the modern parlance?) that I have no problem with free movement of EU people. However, you know my views about Muslims and I draw the line there.

A short term "visitor" would not require a NI card. There is no means of determining who are "short term" visitors because no one counts those who leave !

Now this is fair comment

A short term "visitor" would not require a NI card. There is no means of determining who are "short term" visitors because no one counts those who leave !

Agreed! And that needs to change.

Individual countries who joined the EU began giving up their sovereignty they day they joined. Continued membership means that sovereignty will not exist in a few years. EU countries are fast becoming colonies and may as well elect a Governor taking direction from the EU rather than a Prime Minister running his/her sovereign country.

Edited by JDGRUEN

Individual countries who joined the EU began giving up their sovereignty they day they joined. Continued membership means that sovereignty will not exist in a few years. EU countries are fast becoming colonies and may as well elect a Governor taking direction from the EU rather than a Prime Minister running his/her sovereign country.

An updated Roman Empire, with an updated praetorian guard aka Euro Army.

All that cash that it cost the UK to stay in the EU, will hep to keep them going while other trade deals are negotiated.

Well at least you admit that trade deals will be needed - even if you don't seem to realise what a poor negotiating position we will be in......

as for "cash" - well, that' and sovereignty are the 2 main myths that Brexiteers seem to cling to........

All that cash that it cost the UK to stay in the EU, will hep to keep them going while other trade deals are negotiated.

Well at least you admit that trade deals will be needed - even if you don't seem to realise what a poor negotiating position we will be in......

as for "cash" - well, that' and sovereignty are the 2 main myths that Brexiteers seem to cling to........

Why are they myths?

Britain is currently being dictated to by an unelected group of Euro bureaucratic idiots.Fact.

Why would we need trade deals? We don't have them with the bulk of our trading partners. Fact

Don't see your argument at all.

if you are british and support brexit like this post

..or rather if you are a British expat who is too lazy to or incapable of expressing an opinion, "like" the above post?

any way you like ,it is a bit of fun and a wind up for some.

Why? We gave up a share of sovereignty for other benefits. Why would that change?