Thai birth in uk

Due to have a baby very soon wife is Thai and now British citizen , when the little pooying is born we don't wish to register here in UK don't want full birth certificate as she will be brought up in Thailand and once you register a child in UK you are in actual fact handing over ownership as you do with everything you register .

My question is .... Can I register her at Thai embassy in London with the live birth certificate the hospital issues you at time of birth I need to make appointment the 3 of us attending for Thai registration and e passport but they stipulate full birth certificate on their website .

Anyway round this ?

Once in Thailand I shall then apply for UK passport for little pooying

Nonsense!

You are legally required to register the birth in the UK within 42 days and the hospital does not issue a "live birth certificate"

https://www.gov.uk/register-birth/overview

You can, of course, also register the birth with the Thai Embassy once you have registered the birth with the local register office and obtained a UK birth certificate.

Edited by johnatong
  • Like 2

There is no way to get around having a full UK birth certificate to register you child's birth to get a Thai birth certificate. Also unless born in Thailand the embassy is the only place the registration can be done.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

How do you plan on getting your child a UK passport without a UK birth certificate when the child is born in the UK?

You absolutely won't get a UK passport in this situation.

It seems that for some reason you are trying to make the process as difficult as possible.

Also note that without a UK birth certificate your child will not be able to get a National Insurance number. That might not bother you, but it might bother your child in the future.

Your child is also eligible to get a Thai passport as long as the mothers nationality is Thai, stated on the birth certificate. Then your child can have two passports. At least it was this way when my kids were born,

[...] once you register a child in UK you are in actual fact handing over ownership as you do with everything you register [...]

I'm not certain what you mean here. A child is a human being, nobody *owns* him. Not a country, and not the parents either. As parent you are merely in charge of their well being.

What kind of issue are you specifically trying to avoid by not declaring the child birth? So far, as other posters have mentioned, doing so brings only inconveniences and problems to the future of the child, with no actual benefit.

• Like 1