Waiting for court

Good luck Alan. It certainly seems you will not get any favors unless you take care of your own situation, and make a strong clear defence/explanation. Woeful story to go so far over so little.

Never agreed anything with her she tool my dogs and left never telling me where she stayed.I eventually foind out.

Yes i have proof of purchase the police never even listened to my side of the story they never even read me the charge.

And they were given allpt of money just to make this case against me

I would suggest you think more than twice before making allegations of "money being paid" to secure a charge unless you have positive proof of that allegation.

You have revealed enough to permit yourself to be identified as your case must be (almost?) unique.

Maybe you should seek guidance from your lawyer before saying any more about your case and possibly risking further (and maybe more serious) charges.

• Like 1

Wasn't there some plan to fast track cases where tourists are involved?

These stupid "revenge" cases can be spun out for years by appealing the judge's decision.

no tourist can be on a yearly visa extension

Not being a 'TV Law Expert' I won't comment on the legal aspects of your situation and further cloud what seems to be a very foggy issue.

Were I in your shoes though, the one thing I might try would be to leave by a land border and 'test the water' as it were.

That way it would be far less costly than going to all the expense of buying a plane ticket and risk 'losing' that flight if you are refused an exit.

You could head into Malaysia. If you get out of Thailand to fly to the UK from KLIA is the work of a moment and none too pricey.

If they refuse to let you leave the country you just turn around, go home, face your court case and you haven't lost your flight...either way you'll have your question answered.

I hope your father makes a full recovery and justice/common sense comes to the fore in your ludicrous situation.

One aspect with does keep leaping to me is 'what business is this of your ex's 'partner'?

He seems like the real fly in the ointment here especially if he has bankrolled the case. Sounds like a classic case of 'small Thai man syndrome', jealous that you have 'history' with his missus....even if you do get through it all I'd keep a very wary eye on this POS....

I hope you have a good lawyer, though seeing the documentation you have to support your defence, even a bad one should see you through.

Good luck!

Edited by Merylhighground

How long will they keep on giving me 30 day extension.Because the hearing in court at end of month wont decide anything.This could drag on for a bit.

There been people that have gotten the extension for years before the case was finished.. They can do up to a 90 day extension according the rules.

Thanks Mate.My Ex misses parter is American.

I alwayd just wanted my dogs back and things got heated so when i took the dog he splashed allot of cash to make sure they got it back and that i got in trouble

It is what is is unfortunetly.

Now she has all 4 of my dogs

My sister thinks my dad doesnt have that many months to live.And whenever he came to thailand he was always very good to my ex

She used to call him her farang dad

She doeant care now though if i can spend the last few months with my dad or not.i also have a 3 month old baby daughter with my current gf

Not being a 'TV Law Expert' I won't comment on the legal aspects of your situation and further cloud what seems to be a very foggy issue.

Were I in your shoes though, the one thing I might try would be to leave by a land border and 'test the water' as it were.

That way it would be far less costly than going to all the expense of buying a plane ticket and risk 'losing' that flight if you are refused an exit.

You could head into Malaysia. If you get out of Thailand to fly to the UK from KLIA is the work of a moment and none too pricey.

If they refuse to let you leave the country you just turn around, go home, face your court case and you haven't lost your flight...either way you'll have your question answered.

I hope your father makes a full recovery and justice/common sense comes to the fore in your ludicrous situation.

One aspect with does keep leaping to me is 'what business is this of your ex's 'partner'?

He seems like the real fly in the ointment here especially if he has bankrolled the case. Sounds like a classic case of 'small Thai man syndrome', jealous that you have 'history' with his missus....even if you do get through it all I'd keep a very wary eye on this POS....

I hope you have a good lawyer, though seeing the documentation you have to support your defence, even a bad one should see you through.

Good luck!

Have you even read any of the posts ?

1. The OP passport has been endorsed by immigration due to the case, so any attempt crossing any border land or otherwise will result in him being detained by immigration

2. And the "small thai man symdrome" you refer to is actually an American...so maybe "small American man syndrome" ?

So we can be glad you are not a law expert, given you havent even established the basic facts

Edited by Koosdedooes

First court hearing is on the 3oth

I was planning leave tueday and come back on the 27th.

I know nobody can tell for sure

Il aks lawyer tommorow but i wont even trust his answer because he is charging me 200 k for this case and will be scared of me leaving and never coming back.I most certainly will be coming back though and fighting this case

150k bail for taking a dog you bought and the lawyer wants 200k.

You surely getting screwed here and I believe the cops. courts and your lawyer are all in for it.

Yes 150 bail shook me also.The 200 k quoted from one lawyer is not a fee i am willing to pay.

Immigration called me and said in the system i am flagged.So if i try leave i will be stopled so have to get persmission from the court.I have now decided that i will ask the court for permission after my first court appaearance end of the month.Then maybe i can spend more time with my dad 2-3 weeks instead of the 10 days i was planning now.Thank you for all the advice.I will keep everyone updated.

Get a new lawyer and tell the lawyer here is 100k for you and the other 100k for the judge to drop the case. Thats how things work here in Thailand.

Where was the case filed. PM if you dont want to share the location openly.

Yes 150 bail shook me also.The 200 k quoted from one lawyer is not a fee i am willing to pay.

Immigration called me and said in the system i am flagged.So if i try leave i will be stopled so have to get persmission from the court.I have now decided that i will ask the court for permission after my first court appaearance end of the month.Then maybe i can spend more time with my dad 2-3 weeks instead of the 10 days i was planning now.Thank you for all the advice.I will keep everyone updated.

Get a new lawyer and tell the lawyer here is 100k for you and the other 100k for the judge to drop the case. Thats how things work here in Thailand.

Where was the case filed. PM if you dont want to share the location openly.

Bribe the judge ? Ain't going to happen.

AFTER NUMEROUS COURT CASES...

I can assure you that you are being screwed. Who is your lawyer? Who is the prosecuting lawyer? (PM me if you don't want to post this info)

The whole Justice System is very bent. Straight lawyers are rare.

Many people get "set up" by their own lawyers.

Thaiduncankk is very naive .

Where are you, and what court is involved?

Do you have comprehensive proof (and witnesses) that all 4 dogs were previously stolen from you? Were you living in a different district / town at the time?

The Statute of Limitations for Theft is seven years. You may be able to file a police report at a different station.

Yes i have proof i bought all the dogs and i paid for everything in the 10 years i was with her.I think all she wanted was the dog back and me to admiti stole it so i would get blacklisted from thailand.Thats what she said But i said not guilty.I have hundred of videos and pics if my dogs on my phone and proof i own the.Pattaya.Pattaya court.The main point of this case is how she worded it "i stole her dog" "with the use of a vehicle" she has camera footage i did not go into the house the dog came to me put his feet up to kiss me or legs whatever i noticed they did not lock there gate and that he would be able to climb through the gate He has a habbit of that and normally she would secure the gate with green fencing but this time no.I just took back what was mine but the court or judge mightent see it like that In there eyes might be theft

Il aks lawyer tommorow but i wont even trust his answer because he is charging me 200 k for this case and will be scared of me leaving and never coming back.I most certainly will be coming back though and fighting this case

150 K baht bail, its because you maybe are not married to a Thai. Baila is according to the judge on indictment day . sometime a farang is asked to pay bail of 200-300 K , even for minor offences( misdemenior) or hitting someone over the head?

I would NOT leave Thailand when on Bail without a written permission from a judge, the lady just waits that you move, than she has you by the short and curleys

Since it is a minor offense i doubt very much you will have a problem leaving the country.

150k bail for taking a dog you bought and the lawyer wants 200k.

You surely getting screwed here and I believe the cops. courts and your lawyer are all in for it.

It's probably standard practice where foreigners are concerned. There's obviously a much greater chance of not turning up.

Yes i have proof i bought all the dogs and i paid for everything in the 10 years i was with her.I think all she wanted was the dog back and me to admiti stole it so i would get blacklisted from thailand.Thats what she said But i said not guilty.I have hundred of videos and pics if my dogs on my phone and proof i own the.Pattaya.Pattaya court.The main point of this case is how she worded it "i stole her dog" "with the use of a vehicle" she has camera footage i did not go into the house the dog came to me put his feet up to kiss me or legs whatever i noticed they did not lock there gate and that he would be able to climb through the gate He has a habbit of that and normally she would secure the gate with green fencing but this time no.I just took back what was mine but the court or judge mightent see it like that In there eyes might be theft

This reminds me a bit of me and an ex-girlfriend (Australian). She had miniature poodles and when we split up they were all I missed.biggrin.png

• Like 1

you should file a charge she stole the dog

Never agreed anything with her she tool my dogs and left never telling me where she stayed.I eventually foind out...

This puts your case in an entirely different light. When you wrote "...i was with her fpr 10 years..." I took it to mean that you lived with her in her residence and left the dogs behind when your relationship with her ended and you moved out.

Now I understand that it was the the other way around, she lived with you in your residence and when the relationship ended she moved out and took the dogs with her. Unless you agreed with this at at the time, it is clearly theft, beyond the shadow of a doubt, and if it is true that the statute of limitation has not yet expired you should report this theft to the police at the earliest opportunity, preferably already before your court hearing regarding her accusation of theft against you. Make sure you express yourself clearly and don't sign the police report if it does not reflect everything correctly. Best put it in writing for the police, in Thai, with the help of a lawyer. Don't use imprecise or ambiguous wording like "I was with her for ten years" but instead "Miss [name] lived with me in my residence from [month, year] until [month,year]", etc.

Incidentally, that long period of cohabitation could have been cause for your former girlfriend to claim 50% of the communal assets accrued during those ten years. There have been cases where a judge ruled that such a long relationship is a common law marriage and gives the same right to a separation of assets upon its termination as would be the case with a divorce of a legally married couple. Just the same, she would have had no legal right to pick and chose the dogs as part of her presumed 50% share without your explicit verbal or written consent.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i went to court with a lawyer to see the prosecuter and say am i guilty or not guilty.I said not guilty my lawyer explained to the prosecuter the case.

The prosecuter said he has so many seriouses cases to take care of and doesnt have time for "funny cases" like this.Prosecuter told my lawyer to contact my ex misses to come to some sense.If she wants to proceed with case the next hearing will be jn july were she will have to attend.So basically thats all my news prosecuter seemed pissed off with my ex.

Well i went to court with a lawyer to see the prosecuter and say am i guilty or not guilty.I said not guilty my lawyer explained to the prosecuter the case.

The prosecuter said he has so many seriouses cases to take care of and doesnt have time for "funny cases" like this.Prosecuter told my lawyer to contact my ex misses to come to some sense.If she wants to proceed with case the next hearing will be jn july were she will have to attend.So basically thats all my news prosecuter seemed pissed off with my ex.

I would imagine that your lawyer will contact her lawyer to explain what happened, and her lawyer will advise her accordingly. In view of the prosecutor's attitude towards the case, his best advice would be to forget it. However, he may advise her to continue, therefore, making more money out of the case, but whatever they choose to do, I see nothing but a positive outcome for you.

I hope so mate i really do.But as this is Thailand you never know.

When my lawyer explained the case the prosecuter say out loud in thai Maa for dog in a very pissed off way then went on a rant off how he has so many serious cases to deal with and doesnt have time for stupid funny cases.She has the dog back when i took him he was overweight all she does is feed him and take him for 5 minute fast walks around her village.I took him for over a hours walk everyday got him back into great shape.Poor dog

• 1 month later...