I missed the high over 36 THB/ USD last year. I understand somewhat the fickled nature of FX and the markets.. Pretty tough to hit at the optimum moment. I missed it entirely. Then below 35...

Today, well above 35.. I wonder what happened..

Any thoughts..? If for only a flash maybe I should not wire now.

35/36 less than 3% range, insignificant unless you are talking hundreds of millions?

Rates on any given day by a range of FOREX quotes can vary this amount, and more, and on smaller amounts the amount you send could be varied dependant on transfer costs

whistling.gif Recent speculation about the possibility of a Fed rate hike before the end of the year......some people are betting on a Fed rate hike stregthening the Dollar.

Additionally people worried about the Brexit referendum and possible problems that a yes vote would cause in currencies....including the Pound.

Who knows....but i personally think it is just speculation.

i only follow the rate news because my pension is in Dollars.....and a few more baht on the Dollar is good news for me.

If you played it right between 31 and 35 baht you could make A nice chunk of change if you invested big money.I'm lousy with timing so I stay away.

I think everyone is lousy at timing. I think the $ will remain on an upward trend, but I would speculate about it. Remember, everything everyone knows about the baht/$ or gold or any of the many speculative commodities, is already built into the price. You don't know anything that everyone else already knows. The price at a given time is what it's worth. No more or less.

Having said that, I am all in on the American stock market because I've made money consistently over the years. It's the subtle difference between investing...and speculating.

Anyone want to throw money away? Exchange at any of the bank booths at the airport and not at Superrich, downstairs near the airport link station. K Bank and SCB buying AED at 7.21 today. Supperrich @ 9.52 Baht..... which meant that by walking about 200 meters meant a savings of more than 30,000+ Baht with 15000 AED to trade back. No idea how that kind of spread can exist for an extended period of time but it seems like there is always a pretty significant difference between the banks and Supperich, Yenjit, etc. What they need is better marketing as that's the only thing keeping them 'down' IMO (not that they are small businesses by any means) compared to the banks.

It's simple supply and demand of both currencies. Affected by imports and exports between the two countries, but more prominently affected by currency traders and institutional investors who buy and sell Thai Baht in US dollars.

Who knows with forex and stock markets. A person could pick most any news story and say it was the core reason....that's what the media does.

I think it is the other way around. The market does something, and the media tries to explain it. Often the trader with the loudest voice will have his "reason" published. In reality the reason for the move was probably just heard expression of fear or greed, but that doesn't make a very good headline day in-day out.

whistling.gif Recent speculation about the possibility of a Fed rate hike before the end of the year......some people are betting on a Fed rate hike stregthening the Dollar.

Additionally people worried about the Brexit referendum and possible problems that a yes vote would cause in currencies....including the Pound.

Who knows....but i personally think it is just speculation.

i only follow the rate news because my pension is in Dollars.....and a few more baht on the Dollar is good news for me.

Pretty much as with me except I mostly only look at the time I consider wiring money to Thailand.

I didn't realize I'm as poor as I am until I read "insignificant unless you are talking hundreds of millions"

I still appreciate having 7-8 thousand THB in my pocket instead of not having it. 555