Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

There is talk torres has been dropped for the juve clash, could be bull as in the mail.

http://www.dailymail...d-Juventus.html

Big mistake if we do drop him,we have at least 15 games to play before we could replace him. Sturridge is no replacement,he is far too selfish. We have to get Lukaku back asap.

Or just spend 80m on Falcao in jan! Now calm down Keith you're sounding hysterical

press this morning saying di matteo may have had his chips and that horrible mad bastard abramovich is thinking about another short-term appointment. disappointingly they're linking him with rafa benitez.

I very much doubt an experienced manager like Benitez would accept a short term appointment. He'd be in an almost impossible position and its not as if he needs the cash.

I very much doubt an experienced manager like Benitez would accept a short term appointment. He'd be in an almost impossible position and its not as if he needs the cash.

guus hiddink did. it'd be a shop window as well for benitez. i think he needs to get back into work.

Abramovich should just make himself manager and hire an assistant coach, maybe play up front too, Captain/Coach - Build the team around himself biggrin.png

He has enough money he can do what he wants biggrin.png

guus hiddink did. it'd be a shop window as well for benitez. i think he needs to get back into work.

Agree i was shocked when Dalglish was sacked that rafa did not get the job,he still live in Liverpool?

Abramovich should just make himself manager and hire an assistant coach, maybe play up front too, Captain/Coach - Build the team around himself biggrin.png

john terry surely?

Agree i was shocked when Dalglish was sacked that rafa did not get the job,he still live in Liverpool?

yeah, lives in a nice big house on the wirral. spends his time watching football and blogging about it on his website. a lot of LFC fans wanted him back after kenny but FSG apparently have their own ideas and weren't prepared to go back.

I think Rafa will hold out for the Liverpool job yet. As others have alluded to he isn't a manager to work short term. Also he's got a bit more class about him than to work at somewhere like Chelsea tbh. No offence.

Abramovich has spent so much money sacking and hiring managers you would have thought he would have his coaching badges by now. If he has any desire he will go hand in hat to Mourinho.

It's astonishing though how a club can spend so much money over such a long period of time and still go to bits the way they have. I guess assembling a team of mercenaries is not always the way to go.

Edited by wellred

I think Rafa will hold out for the Liverpool job yet. As others have alluded to he isn't a manager to work short term. Also he's got a bit more class about him than to work at somewhere like Chelsea tbh. No offence.

Abramovich has spent so much money sacking and hiring managers you would have thought he would have his coaching badges by now. If he has any desire he will go hand in hat to Mourinho.

It's astonishing though how a club can spend so much money over such a long period of time and still go to bits the way they have. I guess assembling a team of mercenaries is not always the way to go.

i don't think there is even a remote chance that Benitez would work under Henry and Werner. They are only a couple of rungs up the ladder from the other pair that preceded them. i do though that he needs to start working again. He's been out of the game too long already.

I think Zola himself said recently you can buy Torres' services but you can't buy his love for Liverpool. He clearly doesn't want to be there. But I think the issue is Chelsea are not playing to his strengths. Everyone saw at Liverpool how lethal he can be when you set your team up around him.

Could do a job for Spurs........what was his relationship with AVB like?

I think Zola himself said recently you can buy Torres' services but you can't buy his love for Liverpool. He clearly doesn't want to be there. But I think the issue is Chelsea are not playing to his strengths. Everyone saw at Liverpool how lethal he can be when you set your team up around him.

Could do a job for Spurs........what was his relationship with AVB like?

biggrin.png You know what, if you are not on the Spurs thread you're on anther thread talking about Spurs!

Now back to that other post. Torres never loved Liverpool otherwise he wouldn't hace screwed them over massively by demanding a last minute transfer request. He's just the normal mercenary footballer. Secondly, although i once thought he'd have a really good season i've now lost nearly all my faith in him. A cut price buy at 7m?

Rafa has too much class to work at Chelsea? Really? Reminds me of the earlier comment Stevie made about Suarez being in love with Liverpool. I just think you guys are projecting your own romantic notions onto players and managers, when the truth is these days those sorts of ideas and thoughts are pretty non-existent. Players and managers are employees, like the rest of us mugs, and what they do, what we feel so passionately about, is for them, their job. Not saying they aren't passionate about football, but when it comes to their own careers, i think it's a pretty simple equation of what club can offer the best combination of financial reward and career success/ notoriety. If Chelsea can do that, i believe Rafa won't hesitate for a second, classy club or not.

As Stevie says, Rafa needs to put himself in the shop window. Chelsea would be a very high profile window, working with some good talent, and if it's short term, with an easy escape and one that wouldn't totally ruin his career or reputation, if things didn't go well. Can always blame the person that came before you and say you didn't have enough time to work your magic.

Go to bits? Are we still talking about the club very near the top of the table with some of the most exciting players in the league?

• Like 1

rafa benitez will never manage liverpool again. and he was in for the chelsea job when they appointed di matteo but he wouldn't do it on a temp basis. he needs to get back to work, he's going stale.

If Chelsea can do that, i believe Rafa won't hesitate for a second, classy club or not.

As Stevie says, Rafa needs to put himself in the shop window. Chelsea would be a very high profile window, working with some good talent, and if it's short term, with an easy escape and one that wouldn't totally ruin his career or reputation, if things didn't go well. Can always blame the person that came before you and say you didn't have enough time to work your magic.

he was definitely in for it and speaking to them when AVB left and before they appointed di matteo. but he refused to do it for six months, was a contract or nothing. so this stuff about him having too much class for them is nonsense, he's a football manager and needs to get managing football again. much as it would piss me off to see him there.

Joke of a club coffee1.gif

i do value your opioncheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The fact is you are..... and Roman does not give a toss about what you rentboys think either ...it is plain to see today that Chelski is his personal little big boys toy!

By the way what did RDM do wrong biggrin.png

Have to say i'm stunned. Never imagined it would happen as quick as this. Unbelievable.

it's amazing how little shit abramovich gets really, he's at least as bad as the spanish and italian chairman that the english press used to laugh at. think he's poisonous to be honest, just pisses all over english football with impunity and never once gets his coat pulled about it.

whatever your thoughts on di matteo as a manager, six months ago he won the european cup and fa cup for them. apparently that counts for nothing though. madness.

• Like 2

Joke of a club coffee1.gif

i do value your opioncheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The fact is you are..... and Roman does not give a toss about what you rentboys think either ...it is plain to see today that Chelski is his personal little big boys toy!

By the way what did RDM do wrong biggrin.png

Rentboys! You post that and you wan,t a sensible answer as to what rdm did wrong.Have another chang and try and stay out of the sun.

Well Keith sorry if i offended you but that is why you are known as rentboys,Roman is the sugar daddy and he takes all your money and doesn't care what any of you think.

Which is quite correct as we have seen today.

Joke of a club. wink.png

Ohh i don't need a sensible answer about RDM(there isn't one) because he was appointed in March won the Champions League and FA Cup then 3 months into the season he is sacked......

I think if you are trying to defend Abramovich and his record then YOU need to be careful on the chang matey.

Edited by MrRed

Well Keith sorry if i offended you but that is why you are known as rentboys,Roman is the sugar daddy and he takes all your money and doesn't care what any of you think.

Joke of a club. wink.png

He spends a lot of his own money funding Chelski. He's after a British passport so he can be immune to any later Russian lawsuits demanding back the money him and Putin stole.

I hope they never give him one.

Poor Chelski, they go through managers like Italy used to go through Prime Ministers.

Joke of a club. wink.png

Ohh i don't need a sensible answer about RDM(there isn't one) because he was appointed in March won the Champions League and FA Cup then 3 months into the season he is sacked......

I think if you are trying to defend Abramovich and his record then YOU need to be careful on the chang matey.

Tell me smart arse why does Abramhovich,s record need defending 11 yes Eleven major trophys since he took control.biggrin.png

So with that Keith you are happy now i take it that you are "Champions of Europe"or were wink.png and that Roman sacks managers like they are going out of fashion to the benefit of your great Russian empire in west London.

If you think that Abromovich's style of running a footbal club is good then carry on ...no wonder everyone detests everything about your poxy club is it?

You are not a football supporter you are a new age JCL.

Tell me smart arse why does Abramhovich,s record need defending 11 yes Eleven major trophys since he took control.biggrin.png

and a number of decent men treated like shit as managers. 84m GBP in managerial payoffs in that time. what a guy. what a chairman to be proud of. at least ken bates was able to admit that he was a shameless arsehol_e.