Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Ancelotti - Season not lost

Carlo Ancelotti insists Chelsea's season will be a successful one if they qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League.

The Blues have endured a tricky campaign so far which was compounded by a defeat at home to Everton in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Premier League champions are some way off the pace in the top-flight, currently trailing leaders Manchester United by 12 points.

Ancelotti's side now face a crucial double-header against FC Copenhagen in the Champions League as they look to salvage their season.

But the Italian coach claims finishing in the top four this term has to be seen as mission accomplished.

"Until the end of the season, it's 90 days, three months," he said. "And so, we have to give an opinion at the end of the season.

"It could be, again, a very good season for us because we want to stay in the Champions League and obviously reach fourth place."

Speculation continues to spread that Ancelotti's days at Stamford Bridge are numbered and defeat at Copenhagen could prove the final nail in the coffin for owner Roman Abramovich.

However, the former Juventus and AC Milanboss believes his team will step up in upcoming big matches.

"It's not an easy moment, obviously, because we have to play very important games," he added.

"Sometimes it's good to play tough games because you are more focused, more competitive, so we don't have to be afraid to play against Copenhagen and also against Manchester United.

"It could be a good motivation for us to play these games."

Ancelotti - Season not lost

Carlo Ancelotti insists Chelsea's season will be a successful one if they qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League.

The Blues have endured a tricky campaign so far which was compounded by a defeat at home to Everton in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Meanwhile, the Premier League champions are some way off the pace in the top-flight, currently trailing leaders Manchester United by 12 points.

Ancelotti's side now face a crucial double-header against FC Copenhagen in the Champions League as they look to salvage their season.

But the Italian coach claims finishing in the top four this term has to be seen as mission accomplished.

"Until the end of the season, it's 90 days, three months," he said. "And so, we have to give an opinion at the end of the season.

"It could be, again, a very good season for us because we want to stay in the Champions League and obviously reach fourth place."

Speculation continues to spread that Ancelotti's days at Stamford Bridge are numbered and defeat at Copenhagen could prove the final nail in the coffin for owner Roman Abramovich.

However, the former Juventus and AC Milanboss believes his team will step up in upcoming big matches.

"It's not an easy moment, obviously, because we have to play very important games," he added.

"Sometimes it's good to play tough games because you are more focused, more competitive, so we don't have to be afraid to play against Copenhagen and also against Manchester United.

"It could be a good motivation for us to play these games."

:D

"Fifty mill you're havin a laugh...fifty mill you're havin a laugh....!" :lol:

Seapok, just want to say that your Club are giving me one almighty headache..

Obviously, i'd despise another successful World Cup winning esque T*ttingham Season where they finish 4th & think they're the best Team in the World, but at the expense of your 2 bob Rent Boy, souless pile of sh*te Club imploding ??

It makes me unsure...;)

If only Deludedpool weren't so utterly sh*t..

Dont you worry that little head of yours on us son, apart from Man U our upcoming fixtures look quite good for us, if we don't finish 4th or above come May I will be buy you beers all night when I'm over in July.....deal?

Sounds good, you can also buy them out of sympathy for me when we get releagted too ?? :D

Also, i heard Mr Clever Clogs got remanded last week for the Cardiff stuff in teh Cup last Year ??

So that's talking his way to Jail with Macintyre & now Bird for walking down the Street with his hands in his pockets with his Ralph Lauren Jacket on ( apparently that's all he did ) ?? :D

You Boys in West London need to wisen up a tad me thinks..;)

Scandalous if true though seriously, as he allegedly never threw a Punch but was just " there "..

Ancelloti. Season not lost.

I can still make a quick escape to Roma. Seems like they're up for taking any failed Chelsea manager.

Now - what did my Chelski contract say? Oh yes - that "you doublecross me and it's ice wellies in Siberia time" clause. Maybe not.

Ancelloti. Season not lost.

I can still make a quick escape to Roma. Seems like they're up for taking any failed Chelsea manager.

Now - what did my Chelski contract say? Oh yes - that "you doublecross me and it's ice wellies in Siberia time" clause. Maybe not.

Ranieri quit Roma yesterday too after being 3-0 up at HT & losing 4-3 citing his " dream of Managing in England again " as the reason..

Sounds good, you can also buy them out of sympathy for me when we get releagted too ?? :D

Also, i heard Mr Clever Clogs got remanded last week for the Cardiff stuff in teh Cup last Year ??

So that's talking his way to Jail with Macintyre & now Bird for walking down the Street with his hands in his pockets with his Ralph Lauren Jacket on ( apparently that's all he did ) ?? :D

Scandalous if true though seriously, as he allegedly never threw a Punch but was just " there "..

Errrm who you referring to with this Singher?

Never mind, i thought you know what i meant but you obviosuly don't, no biggie..

Never mind, no biggie, i thoguht you'd know what i meant but you don't so no worries..

I've just been reading that Mr Chelsea, the lion hearted John Terry has announced that the Chelski players need to man up.....

This is the same creature that bottles it out of taking a penalty right?

What a <deleted> he really is.....

Terry - Season still alive

Chelsea captain John Terry insists their season is very much still alive following the UEFA Champions League win over FC Copenhagen.

The Blues skipper demanded a performance from his team ahead of their last 16 clash with Copenhagen and they made no mistake with a 2-0 success.

Now Terry admits the result in Denmark could kick-start Chelsea's season and he insists there is still a lot to play for.

"It is a good lift, winning does that and you can see the buzz in the dressing room," he told Sky Sports News.

"It is important we continue this run, this could be the start of it.

"The manager said we are not dead yet and there are a number of games to be played and points to play for and we are not dead yet."

Nicolas Anelka was the Blues' hero as he showed mis-firing strike partners Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres where the back of the net is with both goals.

"It is difficult for strikers at the minute because there is so much competition, but credit to them," continued Terry.

"Didier when he came caused a lot of trouble. They seem to be clicking and playing well, but it takes a few weeks for the guys to settle in and hopefully this is the start of a good partnership."

Last night on Dutch television it was mentioned that Mourinho would return to Chelsea and that Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan now) would follow him....(Mourinho and Sneijder became European Champions last season with Inter).....:unsure:

what does the English press say; any truth in this ?

LaoPo

Last night on Dutch television it was mentioned that Mourinho would return to Chelsea and that Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan now) would follow him....(Mourinho and Sneijder became European Champions last season with Inter).....:unsure:

LaoPo

The English Press are invariably wrong 9 out of 10 times where " Exclusives' " are concerened anyway so i doubt it really matter what they're saying..

LaoPo

Mourinho has been confessing his undying love for the Blues again this week saying he has been the happiest he has ever been at the Bridge, it could well happen as Ancelotti would also love to manage his former club Roma.

I just want some consistancy, getting pretty bored of all the chopping and changing over the last few years.

Mourinho has been confessing his undying love for the Blues again this week saying he has been the happiest he has ever been at the Bridge, it could well happen as Ancelotti would also love to manage his former club Roma.

I just want some consistancy, getting pretty bored of all the chopping and changing over the last few years.

Does Abramovich strike you as someone who would put his ego to one side & have Mourinho back then, cos he doesn't to me ??

Of course, it could happen if Abramovich was no long at the helm, in which case Mourinho's undying love would soon evaporate because he wouldn't have the Abramovich $$$ to spend..:rolleyes:

getting pretty bored of all the chopping and changing over the last few years.

Not as bored as us with all your cuttings and pastings :D

Hope you guys are going to take your new found confidence back into the EPL. I'm looking for you to restrict Man U to a maximum of 2 or 3 points from your 2 big matches.

SAF is being remarkably quiet this season don't you think. Normally the mind games would have started big time by now and our boss would be falling for it like a patsy. Wonder what he is planning.

Hope you guys are going to take your new found confidence back into the EPL. I'm looking for you to restrict Man U to a maximum of 2 or 3 points from your 2 big matches.

SAF is being remarkably quiet this season don't you think. Normally the mind games would have started big time by now and our boss would be falling for it like a patsy. Wonder what he is planning.

Are you referring to Alf as a Chelsea Fan ??

Do you drink a lot Santi Suk ??

Cool if you do, just wondering though..

Does Abramovich strike you as someone who would put his ego to one side & have Mourinho back then, cos he doesn't to me ??

Of course, it could happen if Abramovich was no long at the helm, in which case Mourinho's undying love would soon evaporate because he wouldn't have the Abramovich $$$ to spend..:rolleyes:

Abramovich isn't a stupid man, he knows that with all the crap with Mourinho comes success, if he wanted nothing more to do with him once they parted company Roman wouldn't of bought Jose a £2million Ferrari :rolleyes:

Abramovich isn't a stupid man, he knows that with all the crap with Mourinho comes success, if he wanted nothing more to do with him once they parted company Roman wouldn't of bought Jose a £2million Ferrari :rolleyes:

Oh that old Chestnut aye, the old 2m Ferrari thing that you do in West London, yeah i forgot about that..

Such a <deleted> dreadful, shallow bunch of " shag my Pal's Wife " people & so horribly impressed by thinks like 2m Ferrari's, Mugs.. ..:D

Edit : PS : I'm gonna laugh my absolute t*ts off when your Club dies soon, good riddance to it to, always been sh*t, you just got lucky with a classless Russian who bought you success, that could have happened to anyone, special my arse..;)

Edited by MSingh

Hahahaha Singer you are so bitter its unreal, football is a results business, teams play to win to gain 3 points to go above the team above them.

Chelsea had won more and finished higher than the 'ammers in the league long before Mr Abramovich came to town. You should enjoy playing big teams like us as you won't get the chance for much longer! :whistling:

Edit : PS : I'm gonna laugh my absolute t*ts off when your Club dies soon, good riddance to it to, always been sh*t, you just got lucky with a classless Russian who bought you success, that could have happened to anyone, special my arse..;)

I like this a lot. :)

Hahahaha Singer you are so bitter its unreal, football is a results business, teams play to win to gain 3 points to go above the team above them.

Chelsea had won more and finished higher than the 'ammers in the league long before Mr Abramovich came to town. You should enjoy playing big teams like us as you won't get the chance for much longer! :whistling:

No Seapok....your 'fans' are mostly johnny come lately types who'll fade along with your club. No 30000 in the Championship for you lot sorry to say....:D

30,000 in the Championship for our lot? what you chatting about son? we won't be getting relegated for a long long time, our team is too good, a few little tweaks and we will be winning titles again.

I love the way the Yids think they are better than sliced bread just cos they are in the champions league this season.....your newbies to it so enjoy it my friend! haha

Small club in Fulham.....an oligarch's plaything with fickle support, knobhead celeb fans, a club that can't guarantee a full house for a CL game, a loathesome pox of a captain, buying success.

Roman and Carlo clearly think you are in severe danger of not qualifying for the CL so had to spend a cool 70m. Hilarious if you don't qualify, and as the scousers sang, Fernando really should have stayed at a big club. :lol:

No it isn't though, that's where you're wrong.

But you support a sh*t, shallow Club so you wouldn't have a clue what Football is really about..

From time to time yes, but not yesterday - one Chang only. Confused not drunk - just clicked on the wrong reply button.

From time to time yes, but not yesterday - one Chang only. Confused not drunk - just clicked on the wrong reply button.

:D

Carlo - Cole will face United

Carlo Ancelotti says Ashley Cole will be in Chelsea's team to face Manchester United after the left-back was punished for accidentally shooting a work placement student.

Reports emerged on Sunday that Cole had wounded 21-year-old Tom Cowan with a .22 air rifle at the club's Cobham training ground.

Chelsea subsequently confirmed 'appropriate action' had been taken against the 30-year-old and Ancelotti revealed Cole has apologised for the incident.

However, Ancelotti was quick to dismiss claims that there is a lack of control at the club and will call on Cole for Tuesday's showdown with Premier League leaders United.

"He will play tomorrow, yes," said Ancelotti, who insisted Cole was in the right frame of mind to feature.

"Obviously, we are not happy with what happened. But I have spoken with him. "He was very disappointed with this, said sorry, made a mistake. It was an accident.

"We have taken proper action but tomorrow he will play." He added: "The mistake was that the gun was here in Cobham. We didn't know the gun was here."

Asked to whom Cole had apologised, Ancelotti said: "First, he said sorry to the guy that was involved in this, second sorry to the team-mates, third sorry to the club."

Challenged on the fact the incident may have been a sacking offence in other jobs, Ancelotti said there was "no way" he would have considered such drastic action.

He added: "He is our player, he always had very good behaviour here. "Now, we have to move on. Who didn't make a mistake in his life?"

The Cole incident is not the first time he or his Chelsea team-mates have hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Ancelotti said: "Cobham is not out of control. At Cobham, there is discipline.

"If a player steps over the line, we will take a decision. Nobody can say here it is out of control." He added on claims of player power: "They have no power."