Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

McEachran asked for loan move

Josh McEachran admits he asked to be sent out on loan this season, but he is now looking to make his mark in the Chelsea first team.

The 18-year-old broke into the senior ranks last season but, as pressure mounted on Carlo Ancelotti, he slipped out of the picture as the campaign wore on.

With Andre Villas-Boas having arrived at Stamford Bridge over the summer, the promising midfielder was uncertain where he stood.

He felt a spell elsewhere may be beneficial to his career, allowing him to take in regular football.

McEachran has, however, been assured by Villas-Boas that he has a part to play in his plans and would be advised to stay put for now.

The England U21 international told The Sun: "I did ask to go out on loan at the start of the season but Andre said he wants me to stay because he thinks I will get enough games here.

"I saw in the paper that Fabio Capello wanted me to go on loan to get more experience but Andre is my manager and if he wanted me to go on loan, that's what I'd do.

"It's not going to happen before the window closes next week, but maybe it could happen in the New Year."

McEachran has seen fellow academy graduates Michael Mancienne and Jack Cork head for the exits this summer, but he insists he is prepared to bide his time and wait for opportunities to come his way.

He added: "That was their decision to play at a high level somewhere else, but I want to play for Chelsea so I will keep going here.

"I have supported this club since I was a little boy and I do believe I have what is needed to succeed here. "I've been patient all this time and I need to carry on that way.

"Chelsea has one of the oldest teams in the Premier League and the boss is clearly looking to the future.

"He has just signed Romelu Lukaku, Oriol Romeu and Thibaut Courtois, three players of a similar age to me. So we all have to work hard in training and make sure we take our opportunities when they come."

Chelsea sign young Mexican

Chelsea have wrapped up the signing of Mexican youngster Ulises Davila from Chivas Guadalajara.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder has signed a five-year contract with the Blues as they continue their policy of signing young players.

Already this summer, Chelsea have signed youngsters Oriol Romeu, Romelu Lukaku and Thibaut Courtois.

"Ulises has been a highly-scouted player by a lot of clubs, and has made great progress in the last couple of tournaments we have seen him play in," Michael Emenalo, Chelsea's techinal director, told the club's official website.

"We are delighted to have been able to get this deal done.

"Chivas is a superb club with a strong reputation in player development and world football, and we are confident Ulises will be able to continue his fast development to become an important Chelsea first-team player."

Chelsea 3 - 1 Norwich

For the second week in a row Chelsea left it late before picking up a win on home soil, with Norwich unfortunate to be on the wrong end of a 3-1 scoreline.

Jose Bosingwa handed the Blues an early lead at Stamford Bridge, but Grant Holt levelled for the visitors and they looked like snatching a share of the spoils.

There was, however, to be a late twist in the tale as Frank Lampard converted from the spot, after John Ruddy had been sent off, and Juan Mata marked his debut with a third in stoppage-time.

Chelsea burst out of the blocks and their attacking intent was rewarded after just six minutes as Bosingwa fired in a 25-yard thunderbolt.

They were, however, unable to build on that advantage and the Canaries grew in confidence as the game wore on.

Holt and Chris Martin could, and perhaps should, have had them level at the interval, but they were unable to convert the opportunities that fell their way.

Paul Lambert's men were able to restore parity just after the hour mark as Branislav Ivanovic and Hilario got in a tangle and Holt was able to hook the loose ball into an empty net.

The game then swung in favour of the Blues with 10 minutes remaining, as Ruddy felled Ramires inside the box and was subsequently dismissed.

Lampard kept his composure to hammer home from the spot, before Mata marked his Blues bow with a well-taken finish deep into injury-time - with 12 minutes added on following a nasty injury to Didier Drogba.

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas and captain John Terry used their programme notes to urge the home fans to get fully behind their team after some booed them off at half-time against West Brom last week.

But supporters could be forgiven for wanting to see a performance to give them hope Chelsea have what it takes to topple Manchester United as champions this season, something called into question by their opening two displays.

Villas-Boas responded by pairing Fernando Torres and Drogba together in what was a 4-4-2 for the first time this season.

Possibly expecting a 4-3-3, Norwich began the game with a five-man defence and they duly fell behind inside six minutes.

After allowing Ramires to test Ruddy from 25 yards, they made the same mistake with Bosingwa, who brilliantly found the back of the net via the inside of the post.

Norwich began to settle and should have levelled in the 17th minute when Holt beat the offside trap but was unable to get a touch on Wes Hoolahan's brilliant ball over the top.

Chelsea's passing was becoming ragged, although Torres was close to teeing up Drogba as the pair began to demonstrate an understanding that had been lacking in previous outings.

Chris Martin wasted another great chance to equalise, Hoolahan playing him clean through only for Hilario to save before crowding out the forward's rebound attempt and tipping over Kyle Naughton's 25-yarder.

He also smothered Holt's header before City boss Paul Lambert withdrew Zak Whitbread for Anthony Pilkington on the half-hour mark and went 4-4-2.

Drogba went close with a free-kick but it was another forgettable first half for Chelsea, who might have doubled their lead within eight minutes of the restart had Pilkington not nodded John Terry's header off the line or the recalled Ivanovic powered Lampard's corner wide.

Hoolahan was withdrawn for Steve Morison on the hour mark and the change took less than three minutes to pay off thanks to a moment of madness from Hilario, who needlessly came racing off his line to claim a cross and collided with Ivanovic, allowing Holt to hook the ball into the empty net.

It got worse for Chelsea as they tried to regain the lead, Drogba appearing to be knocked unconscious after an aerial challenge with Ruddy.

The striker landed in sickening fashion and medics raced onto the field to treat the stricken 33-year-old, with the game stopped for seven minutes while he was loaded onto a stretcher and carried off wearing what appeared to be a breathing aid.

Villas-Boas also withdrew the recalled Florent Malouda and brought on Nicolas Anelka and Mata for his debut.

Norwich showed no sympathy and Morison was put clean through, Terry thwarting him with a desperate tackle.

Holt also mistimed a free header from the resulting corner before Mata and Torres combined for the first time, the latter nodding his fellow Spaniard's cross too close to Ruddy.

It looked anyone's game but all that changed with 10 minutes remaining when a brilliant Chelsea breakaway brought a penalty and a red card for Ruddy.

Anelka sent Ramires racing clear and he was brought down by the onrushing goalkeeper.

Lambert appeared to be furious with the Chelsea bench following the dismissal and Lampard blasted the penalty straight down the middle past newcomer Declan Rudd.

Romelu Lukaku came on for his debut for Torres, sending a diving header wide and missing an Anelka cross after Norwich almost levelled again when Morison hooked over.

Ivanovic somehow failed to kill the contest when he headed wide from six yards and Lampard also missed on the rebound after Lukaku's shot was saved in the 12 minutes of stoppage-time that followed.

A third goal finally arrived with seconds to spare, Mata's debut ending in dream fashion as Ritchie De Laet presented him with the ball and he slotted beyond Rudd.

Very please with the way Norwich played, they were nervous in the first 15 minutes, but settled down and began to play some good football, Holt took his goal very well. There was no way we were ever going to get something out of this game, but there was plenty of positives to take from the game.

Sound's like Drogba will be ok

Very please with the way Norwich played, they were nervous in the first 15 minutes, but settled down and began to play some good football, Holt took his goal very well. There was no way we were ever going to get something out of this game, but there was plenty of positives to take from the game.

Sound's like Drogba will be ok

You were let down by Morison who had some great chances which he failed to capitalise on, and the keeper who seemed to dither a bit when he decided to come out for the ball, and then made it far too easy for Ramieres to play for the penalty. Shame cos you undid all the hard work that had got you back in the game. Still, as you say, you were against the odds. Against the ref too for that matter, with the sending off.

Frank Lampard confident Chelsea can push for title

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has shrugged off the sensational start made by Manchester's two clubs and insists the Blues can challenge for the title.

Manchester United thumped Arsenal 8-2 and City thrashed Tottenham 5-1 on Sunday as both maintained their perfect starts to the new season.

Chelsea have stuttered to two victories and a draw but Lampard says Chelsea are ready to prove their doubters wrong.

"It is early in the season and we're not in full flow yet," said Lampard.

Chelsea stumbled to a 3-1 win over Norwich on Saturday, having also struggled to see off West Brom after drawing their opener at Stoke.

But despite only being two points behind City and United at the top of the Premier League table their performances have so far failed to convince sceptics that they have what it takes to regain the championship.

"I have seen a lot of games and, if you look at Man City, they have looked very good but went to Bolton and conceded two," said Lampard.

"Teams at this early stage of the season are quite hard to read."

Chelsea are still adapting to life under new manager Andre Villas-Boas with the club also handing debuts to Juan Mata and Romelu Lukaku on Saturday.

But with City and United grabbing all of the headlines, Lampard said it was refreshing for Chelsea to fly under the radar for once.

He added: "It might be quite nice for people not to talk about us and the fact other teams have spent more than us. We can concentrate on ourselves.

"Sometimes it is quite nice when everyone is not expecting Chelsea to run away with it like in previous years. It leaves it up to us to prove people wrong.

"At the moment it is important to get the results and find that full flow."

I'm half pissed...so I won't tell you what I thnk here Seapok.....I'll leave that for another time and place...whistling.gif

Let me guess we are a pox of a club? that seems to be your word of choice at that moment haha :whistling:

I'm half pissed...so I won't tell you what I thnk here Seapok.....I'll leave that for another time and place...whistling.gif

Let me guess we are a pox of a club? that seems to be your word of choice at that moment haha :whistling:

IYour chairman lacks ambition. biggrin.gif

RAUL MEIRELES JOINS CHELSEA

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Raul Meireles from Liverpool on a four-year contract.

The midfielder, 28, arrives after just over a season at Anfield in which he made 44 appearances for the Reds.

Born in Aves, Portugal, the highly-rated international began his career with his hometown club before a move to top-flight Boavista, where he spent one season before moving to Porto in 2004.

It was at the Estadio do Dragao that he flourished and helped Porto to a domestic treble in 2005/06. He scored against Chelsea in the Champions League knockout rounds a year later.

Two more league titles followed in 2008 and 2009 and Meireles established himself in the national side, playing under Luiz Felipe Scolari in the lead-up to Euro 2008, where he scored his first international goal.

He played every game in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, and then scored in South Africa during the 7-0 beating of North Korea to catch Liverpool's eye.

After a low-key start in English football, Meireles came to life in January 2011, scoring five times in six games, including a winner at Stamford Bridge.

The 5ft 10in midfielder appeared twice from the bench for Kenny Dalglish's side this season before completing his move to Stamford Bridge on transfer deadline day.

Chelsea have now put more money into #LFC than Hicks and Gillett managed. 62Million in 2011, effictively paying for Suarez, Downing, Adam, Enrique and Coates. Oh and Joey Cole going to Lille gives us 1st option on Eden Hazard.

Thanks rent boys!

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Raul Meireles from Liverpool on a four-year contract.

The midfielder, 28, arrives after just over a season at Anfield in which he made 44 appearances for the Reds.

Born in Aves, Portugal, the highly-rated international began his career with his hometown club before a move to top-flight Boavista, where he spent one season before moving to Porto in 2004.

It was at the Estadio do Dragao that he flourished and helped Porto to a domestic treble in 2005/06. He scored against Chelsea in the Champions League knockout rounds a year later.

Two more league titles followed in 2008 and 2009 and Meireles established himself in the national side, playing under Luiz Felipe Scolari in the lead-up to Euro 2008, where he scored his first international goal.

He played every game in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, and then scored in South Africa during the 7-0 beating of North Korea to catch Liverpool's eye.

After a low-key start in English football, Meireles came to life in January 2011, scoring five times in six games, including a winner at Stamford Bridge.

The 5ft 10in midfielder appeared twice from the bench for Kenny Dalglish's side this season before completing his move to Stamford Bridge on transfer deadline day.

hi pal long time no see ,i was up in glasgow for the friendly ,2500 chelsea there ,great w/ennd by all,im back in thailand at the mo,catch up soon ..utc

hi pal long time no see ,i was up in glasgow for the friendly ,2500 chelsea there ,great w/ennd by all,im back in thailand at the mo,catch up soon ..utc

ohmy.gif Oh no they've been breeding....

And LFC put more into Newcastle than the Magpies were able to comprehend. So much rubbing of hands and counting the baubles that they forgot to spend it before the window closed :rolleyes:. Mind you maybe their idiot owner spent it all on Newcastle Brown Ale futures.

ohmy.gif Oh no they've been breeding....

i see we still some ass holes

post-100644-0-68373700-1315318034_thumb.

Welcome back Eddie. Yes your club is now held in the same esteem as those across town at the library. This is mainly due to your disgraceful pursuit of our midfielder but there is always the england captain to despise with equal distaste.

What a horrible little club.

Welcome back Eddie. Yes your club is now held in the same esteem as those across town at the library. This is mainly due to your disgraceful pursuit of our midfielder but there is always the england captain to despise with equal distaste.

What a horrible little club.

all a smokescreen we didnt want him in the 1st place 30 million for that heap of crap......love seeing the table at the mo ..north london in a bit of a state lol.......utc