Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

A quick question for Samuel Wanjiru....did you buy any shares then mate? huh.pnglaugh.png

I know you didnt ask but I am a shareholder in Stamford Bridge.

I used to be a shareholder in Spurs but your Chairman delisted them on the basis that they were worth 5 times more than their trading price.

Which way did you vote Abby?

Well I only had 100 shares so I didnt (I used to live 100 yards away.) I would have voted against and I did try and buy a whole lot more but it was very difficult.

It is a long time ago. But he is trying to buy the thing for peanuts (say 10m). I remember it was peanuts when I bought the shares.

think he's what they need though, muck and bullets centre half who will just defend. might mean that they're binning the david luiz experiment though.

Yeah Luiz has been a funny character at the bridge would much rather see him playing in the holding role or anywhere as long its away from our own box!

I think he's a terrific footballer.He reminds me of when Collocini started playing in the Premier League.He was getting caught out of position and getting slaughtered by all and sundry,before he got the hang of it after a couple of seasons.Makelele was f******g useless for a year,then he adapted to the style of play in the Premier League.Luiz started off great because the other teams couldn't fathom him out.It doesn't help that,when he makes his forays upfield,Terry and Cole,who have both lost their pace,get found out on the counter.I see him taking over from John Terry eventually with,preferably Ivanovic alongside.I would be surprised if Cahill marched straight into the team this weekend but,if that IS the case, then I would play Luiz at left back in place of Cole.Give Luiz another season and you'll see a much more accomplished and controlled defender.

But OG he ain't going to get another season,

1. it will be Terry and Cahill from now on.

2. Luiz will get the ump and be gone by next season.

I don't agree,Alfie.He's too valuable a player to Chelsea's future plans.He's played left back plenty of times so he should fit seamlessly into that roll before he takes over from Terry at centre back.Cole's days are numbered.

So it looks like Drogba could be off to join Anelka in China (probably in the summer) on a three year deal worth 270k a week.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/19/shanghai-shenhua-didier-drogba

BTW while I think it is fair to question footballers who choose monetary reward of loyalty or even career prospects when they are still at their peak I dont think anyone would begrudge the likes of Drogba, at 33, taking a massively lucrative offer to finish his career rather than eke out a couple more seasons in the Premiership on the less than half the salary.

That salary is kind of scary though for a player that will be 34 when he starts his contract.

Incidentally I like the quote from the Chinese club.

claiming it was like '"like flirting with a girl: perhaps she will resist you at first, but if you continue to ask her out, it always ends well. Never give up."

actually it is like dealing with a hooker 'if she turns you down, dont worry, because if you offer her enough money she will go with you anyways no matter how ugly you are.'

actually it is like dealing with a hooker 'if she turns you down, dont worry, because if you offer her enough money she will go with you anyways no matter how ugly you are.'

Is that talking from experience Abs 3.gif

No it is an axiom.

A hooker is someone who sells sex for money.

So you are not negotiating the 'product' but merely the 'price'.

My own personal philosophy on the subject is that 'if a hooker will only go with you dependent on the price' you are actually dealing with wrong hooker.

So it looks like Drogba could be off to join Anelka in China (probably in the summer) on a three year deal worth 270k a week.

http://www.guardian....a-didier-drogba

BTW while I think it is fair to question footballers who choose monetary reward of loyalty or even career prospects when they are still at their peak I dont think anyone would begrudge the likes of Drogba, at 33, taking a massively lucrative offer to finish his career rather than eke out a couple more seasons in the Premiership on the less than half the salary.

That salary is kind of scary though for a player that will be 34 when he starts his contract.

claiming it was like '"like flirting with a girl: perhaps she will resist you at first, but if you continue to ask her out, it always ends well. Never give up."

I'm not that bothered where he goes now,Ab.He is part of the Chelsea past.He's been great for Chelsea and scored a lot of goals but has been very well paid for doing it.Yes, he can do a job for someone else but,at 33 years old.it's time for him to go.

http://www.guardian....a-didier-drogba

I'm not that bothered where he goes now,Ab.He is part of the Chelsea past.He's been great for Chelsea and scored a lot of goals but has been very well paid for doing it.Yes, he can do a job for someone else but,at 33 years old.it's time for him to go.

I agree entirely - it is more difficult to know what to do for say Lampard at Chelsea who wants to stay but who's abilties are failing.

Shenhua is a scam btw. Zhu Jun tried to buy Liverpool out of the figment of his imagination (I am sure that say StevieH would remember). He wants Anelka and Drogba to promote his online gaming activities

Lamps will end up at LA Galaxy.

He's not quite ready for the Graveyard as he has still much to offer to the team.He can still 'see' a pass.I like Villas Boas's strategy of alternating him between the subs bench and starting a match.

Is persevering with Torres threatening your chances of a top four finish?

I would say that is a cert

This was a great chance to close the gap against an average but,admittedly well organised Norwich side.But we blew it because Torres,when you think he might have turned the corner,puts in a thoroughly abject display of finishing.He treats the ball like a hot potato and,worryingly has the demeanour of a man who doesn't want to be on the pitch.He can't have too many more chances to get it right.Lukaku came on and looked quick,bright and imaginitive.Sturridge looked short of match fitness so I'm not too worried about him.Great to see Essien looking like he could be approaching his best.

The Holt/Morison threat rarely materialised because Luiz and Terry were dominant.I loved the comment by Efan Ekoku when he saw Ashley Cole labouring in the wake of one of the Norwich defenders "He looks a bit leggy today" opined Efan.

Well,Efan, if you had actually done your job as a so called football pundit/scholar you would have noticed that Cole has been"leggy" for about two years but,of course,you only read the back pages of the 'redtops' who STILL tell us that he's one of the best left backs in the world.They get pots for very little effort,these people.

• 2 weeks later...

ฺำSwansea 1 Chelsea 1.

Beforehand,I was interested to see how the team would approach a game where they were facing mid table opposition, but were likely to be on the back foot, possession wise.The first half turned out to be just that with Joe Allen,Nathan Dyer and Leon Britton controlling things with their skill.pace,quick feet and vision.Ashley Cole had an evening he will want to forget,coming up against a player who exposed his weaknesses to the full.When will Villas Boas realise that Cole is not the player he was and must be replaced?The last time he went passed a player through skill and pace,Sitting Bull stood up.

It was ironic that a player that Chelsea discarded, as surplus to requirements, should open the scoring.And it was typical of Scott Sinclair's humility and homage to the club where he spent most of his career,that he never made a big thing out of it,unlike a certain Mr. Adebayor.

The second half saw Chelsea,at last,up the pace and squeeze the play and, with the introduction of Essien, began to give the Swansea midfield a taste of their own medicine.We had to do something because what they served up in the first half was never going to be good enough.With Ramires and Lampard out of the equation for a month or so,it was great to see Essien showing all his old qualities.

BUT,here's the problem.For all our possession and intelligent inter passing,we can't f***ing score! Torres continues to play like a man on a death sentence.He's slow on the turn and lacks penetration in the box.Perhaps he remembered the last time he played against Swansea and got sent off for a two footer and which,I'm convinced,was the start of his latest crisis of confidence.Lukaku must be given a start soon.Sturridge is frustrating in front of goal.It is being left to Mata to provide the end product.The goal was fortunate in that Bosingwa,made one of his forays into the box and laid into the path of a Swansea defender who neatly flicked it passed his own goalkeeper.That's the way to finish.

It makes you think what players like Joe Allen,Nathan Dyer,Leon Britton.Ashley Williams and Scott Sinclair were doing with their careers before they joined up with Brendan Rodgers (yeah,I know there's a Chelsea connection with most of 'em) .That man needs to pat himself on the back for getting to the bottom of these,obviously, very talented players.

This John Terry issue is getting beyond a joke.

I understand why the CPS might wish to prosecute 'beyond reasonable doubt' vs 'balance of probabilities' etc. The maximum fine is 2,500 quid.

They have delayed the trial until July 9th. So that means any FA sanction will not affect this season.

More to the point it creates a massive morale dilemma for the FA and everybody else. We should naturally assume he is 'innocent until proven guilty' so Terry should remain captain throughout the Euros. However this assumption is based on the fact that the CPS is prosecuting him for racist abuse which they wouldnt have done unless they felt he was guilty and the fact that you couldnt get around to prosecuting the case for virtually a year.

The CPS said they charged him in the 'best interests' of the public. I dont really get that. Given that the penalty for his offense is meaningless in Terry's eyes (2,500 quid). The CPS might as well leave it up to the FA who can then pass their judgment (whether faulty or not).

As I see it Terry should remain captain on the basis that he is innocent until proven guilty. But it is a bit much if he is only guilty because you couldnt be arsed to come up with a verdict. Or if he is innocent, his guilt has been in question because you couldnt be arsed to decide on the matter. Admittedly much of this was supposedly caught on camera but if it had not been I rather suspect that what actually happened couldnt actually be remembered by most people on the basis that it was so long ago.

I understand why the CPS might wish to prosecute 'beyond reasonable doubt' vs 'balance of probabilities' etc. The maximum fine is 2,500 quid.

They have delayed the trial until July 9th. So that means any FA sanction will not affect this season.

More to the point it creates a massive morale dilemma for the FA and everybody else. We should naturally assume he is 'innocent until proven guilty' so Terry should remain captain throughout the Euros. However this assumption is based on the fact that the CPS is prosecuting him for racist abuse which they wouldnt have done unless they felt he was guilty and the fact that you couldnt get around to prosecuting the case for virtually a year.

The CPS said they charged him in the 'best interests' of the public. I dont really get that. Given that the penalty for his offense is meaningless in Terry's eyes (2,500 quid). The CPS might as well leave it up to the FA who can then pass their judgment (whether faulty or not).

As I see it Terry should remain captain on the basis that he is innocent until proven guilty. But it is a bit much if he is only guilty because you couldnt be arsed to come up with a verdict. Or if he is innocent, his guilt has been in question because you couldnt be arsed to decide on the matter. Admittedly much of this was supposedly caught on camera but if it had not been I rather suspect that what actually happened couldnt actually be remembered by most people on the basis that it was so long ago.

The fact that the FA reappointed a piece of trash like Terry as national captain tells you all you need to know about their morals. So let me see, Suarez gets an immediate 8 match ban based on hearsay and Chelsea get to keep Terry on till the end of the season even though the television shows quite clearly what he said to Ferdinand.

The fact that the FA reappointed a piece of trash like Terry as national captain tells you all you need to know about their morals. So let me see, Suarez gets an immediate 8 match ban based on hearsay and Chelsea get to keep Terry on till the end of the season even though the television shows quite clearly what he said to Ferdinand.

The CPS charged him "in the best interests of the public" because a complaint was lodged by a member of the public to the Metropolitan Police.Their findings were then passed on to the CPS.Although Terry's maximum fine,if found guilty,is two and a half grand,he will also have this conviction added to his police record (that is,if he has one already).Suarez's ban etc. was an internal affair handled (or mishandled) by an 'independent' panel made up of three FA members! No doubt the FA will then,in time and with the magistrates decision at hand, ponder on whether to give Terry a ban and a fine similar to Suarez.

You could argue that this 'member of public' has prolonged the affair to Terry's benefit but a counter argument could be that he has more to lose than Suarez.If it was me,I'd want it over and done with as soon as possible.

The CPS charged him "in the best interests of the public" because a complaint was lodged by a member of the public to the Metropolitan Police.Their findings were then passed on to the CPS.Although Terry's maximum fine,if found guilty,is two and a half grand,he will also have this conviction added to his police record (that is,if he has one already).Suarez's ban etc. was an internal affair handled (or mishandled) by an 'independent' panel made up of three FA members! No doubt the FA will then,in time and with the magistrates decision at hand, ponder on whether to give Terry a ban and a fine similar to Suarez.

You could argue that this 'member of public' has prolonged the affair to Terry's benefit but a counter argument could be that he has more to lose than Suarez.If it was me,I'd want it over and done with as soon as possible.

I am fully aware that Suarez could not have been charged of any crime.

However, Terry's case came under 'investigation' because it was reported by a 'third party'' and was acted upon because his offense had third party implications. Clearly the police do not act on personal - one to one - allegations that your wife is a lousy shag.

However I do not see how it is productive to take court cases within the public moral agenda as in Terry's case. We know the maximum fine he will receive is 2500 quid. We know that by delaying the court case until July, the court has effectively exonerated him from any FA sanction (through no fault of the FA). So why bother prosecuting him in the first place (in the public's best interest) when whatever the outcome of the trial your prosecution is simply an insult to the public you claim to serve.

I am fully aware that Suarez could not have been charged of any crime.

However, Terry's case came under 'investigation' because it was reported by a 'third party'' and was acted upon because his offense had third party implications. Clearly the police do not act on personal - one to one - allegations that your wife is a lousy shag.

However I do not see how it is productive to take court cases within the public moral agenda as in Terry's case. We know the maximum fine he will receive is 2500 quid. We know that by delaying the court case until July, the court has effectively exonerated him from any FA sanction (through no fault of the FA). So why bother prosecuting him in the first place (in the public's best interest) when whatever the outcome of the trial your prosecution is simply an insult to the public you claim to serve.

Perhaps the reason is that this alleged 'criminal' act was committed in a very public domain by the captain of the England national team on a fellow Englishman,the result being that it appeared on all the media sites and In view of all this evidence,the CPS felt it neccessary to prosecute.The Suarez incident was a foreigner abusing another foreigner,in spanish, in which case 99% of the viewing public wouldn't know what they were talking about.

Perhaps the reason is that this alleged 'criminal' act was committed in a very public domain by the captain of the England national team on a fellow Englishman,the result being that it appeared on all the media sites and In view of all this evidence,the CPS felt it neccessary to prosecute.The Suarez incident was a foreigner abusing another foreigner,in spanish, in which case 99% of the viewing public wouldn't know what they were talking about.

Good points. But one thing that seems to unite racist scumbags in professional football is their lying and backtracking once they have walked off the pitch. You'd think that someone who holds such obnoxious opinions would have the courage of those opinions. But they are almost always pathetic cowards when they are subjected to scrutiny.

Good points. But one thing that seems to unite racist scumbags in professional football is their lying and backtracking once they have walked off the pitch. You'd think that someone who holds such obnoxious opinions would have the courage of those opinions. But they are almost always pathetic cowards when they are subjected to scrutiny.

clap2.gif

Ofcourse,as far as John Terry is concerned,that has still to be proven and we've all got our own opinions on what he did or did not say.What is interesting is that the CPS have now set a precedent in prosecuting someone for racial abuse in the football domain.Now,I wonder if they will spread the net to include straightforward abusive language.It only needs a member of the public to complain to the police that they heard a manager or player calling someone a 'f***ing c**t,for example, to make it a wider issue.Ferguson,Pullis,Redknapp had better watch their step.

Ofcourse,as far as John Terry is concerned,that has still to be proven and we've all got our own opinions on what he did or did not say.What is interesting is that the CPS have now set a precedent in prosecuting someone for racial abuse in the football domain.Now,I wonder if they will spread the net to include straightforward abusive language.It only needs a member of the public to complain to the police that they heard a manager or player calling someone a 'f***ing c**t,for example, to make it a wider issue.Ferguson,Pullis,Redknapp had better watch their step.

I think you are slightly over reaching there. Theres a significant difference between abusive language and racist abuse.

According to a mate of mine who is quite senior in Greater Manchester Police, 'hate crimes' are the big one now below properly serious crimes. People are prosecuted over racist, homophobic and general minority-phobic behaviour. Swearers could be prosecuted for breach of the peace or some such, but the police will usually only go after someone on this if they can't nail them for more serious stuff. Btw, my mate manages to get more 'F' words into a sentence than seems humanly possible when his wife's not present biggrin.png.

According to a mate of mine who is quite senior in Greater Manchester Police, 'hate crimes' are the big one now below properly serious crimes. People are prosecuted over racist, homophobic and general minority-phobic behaviour. Swearers could be prosecuted for breach of the peace or some such, but the police will usually only go after someone on this if they can't nail them for more serious stuff. Btw, my mate manages to get more 'F' words into a sentence than seems humanly possible when his wife's not present biggrin.png.

The decision to sack Captain Fantastic was probably taken because the players were about to mutiny and that out of touch knob Capello couldn't even see it coming

Edited by carmine