Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I was just starting to respect Rafa, then he subs Hazard and Oscar for Moses and Yossi. What a plank!

I didn,t mind him bringing on Moses,but Mata should have been substituted 1st not Hazard,and Mikel or Lampard should have entered the fray as both Ramires and Luiz were dead on the feet after so many energy sapping games and the extra player in midfield would have help them out. All in all i,m .ucking fuming at the amount of missed chances and chucking 2 points away

I was just starting to respect Rafa, then he subs Hazard and Oscar for Moses and Yossi. What a plank!

I didn,t mind him bringing on Moses,but Mata should have been substituted 1st not Hazard,and Mikel or Lampard should have entered the fray as both Ramires and Luiz were dead on the feet after so many energy sapping games and the extra player in midfield would have help them out. All in all i,m .ucking fuming at the amount of missed chances and chucking 2 points away

Give the younger players time,lads. Oscar,Hazard,Moses and Marin in midfield,Azpilicueta in defence and Ba in attack have all recently joined the club and need this season to fit in. Some players are signed and you wonder why they were ever let in through the gates,then next season,they are a revelation (eg Claude Makelele). Then we have Piazon,Lukaku and De Bruyne on loan who are more than capable of forcing their way into the squad.

It was interesting to listen to Rob Beasley on the Premier League Show a few weeks back. He had been to see Mourinho in Spain and was convinced that Jose was Chelsea bound this summer. He also said that Mourinho was looking towards a long term strategy with the younger players,already at the club, being given every chance to make their mark.

Yes I thought he was doing us a favour as well! biggrin.png

Keeping them fresh for the Eu.L cup final no doubt. Thanks for at least not folding in the final 5 minutes. I was absolutely certain we were staring down the barrel of missing out as Bale stepped up to take that free kick. Spurs played as well as I have seen them do this year in the final 40 minutes I thought. 1-1 and anything can happen now. Anyone who thinks they can call it is bluffing.

I wonder if Moyes can super-motivate his Everton team to do you damage in the run-off as his testimonial. Suddenly your run-in doesnt look much less cushy than ours any more.

Id be happy with at least a point from the Villa game,then make sure the El Cup Final is finished within the 90 minutes,no extra time or penaltys. Imho Everton will be on the floor,gutted at losing there long serving gaffer..............there game against the happy hammers on sunday will be a guide to that.

Rafa was aware certain players were tiring and needed fresh legs.

They can say what they want, boo and abuse as they want but at the end of the end of the day, despite all he;s done a very good job. Already in the europa final and hard to see them not getting top four.

Considering his treatment its hardly what they deserve either. What a joke, the home fans booing both managers, both they treated somewhere between poor and appalling.

• Like 1

Rafa was aware certain players were tiring and needed fresh legs.

They can say what they want, boo and abuse as they want but at the end of the end of the day, despite all he;s done a very good job. Already in the europa final and hard to see them not getting top four.

Considering his treatment its hardly what they deserve either. What a joke, the home fans booing both managers, both they treated somewhere between poor and appalling.

Clueless chavs!

Fresh legs maybe needed, but you don't bring on a guy that has only played for 50 minutes this calendar year when you have Lampard on the bench. Their is no excuse for that, especially when you are 10 minutes from qualifying for the CL.

I don't think the can accuse the fans of booing Rafa anymore. There maybe the odd one but its not that apparent from watching tv. The only boo he got was bringing on Yossi, which I've stated was a dumb sub.

Carmine, do you really think Rafa has done a good job? I think he was sloppy at the start and has improved, BUT he really needs to finish on a high.

Fresh legs maybe needed, but you don't bring on a guy that has only played for 50 minutes this calendar year when you have Lampard on the bench. Their is no excuse for that, especially when you are 10 minutes from qualifying for the CL.

I don't think the can accuse the fans of booing Rafa anymore. There maybe the odd one but its not that apparent from watching tv. The only boo he got was bringing on Yossi, which I've stated was a dumb sub.

Carmine, do you really think Rafa has done a good job? I think he was sloppy at the start and has improved, BUT he really needs to finish on a high.

Yes i do think he's done a good job especially under the circumstances but he can only really be judged fairly at the end of the season.

Theres no logic to Benitez not playing Lampard and Terry imho. There experience would be a huge asset in these last pressure games. That leads me to possible theories that there might well be "other reasons" why he is not playing them.

Yes they were booing him and AVB. I heard it and it was reported in atleast one broadsheet i read. Think it was the Guardian but i can't remember for sure.

I don my cap to Frank Lampard ,never been his biggest fan (mainly because Stevie Gerrard has been pished about to accomodate him for England)

Just seen his post-match interview on sky sports where he was almost crying talking about his deceased mum.Top bloke .Well done.

And when he doesnt sub Hazard, thats what happens. Done till next season.!!

When you have the number of games Chelsea have over a short period of time, thats why he makes the substitutes he does. Injuries like those suffered today, are just waiting to happen.

• Like 1

I've been expecting Chelsea to run out of gas and thought this was the game where it would finally happen. Almost, but they gutted out another one. I'm no fan of Rafa or the club, but they've been impressive lately against pretty big odds.

I've been expecting Chelsea to run out of gas and thought this was the game where it would finally happen. Almost, but they gutted out another one. I'm no fan of Rafa or the club, but they've been impressive lately against pretty big odds.

that will be the much-derided benitez rotation in action. there's a reason that lampard scored two goals in that game and it's that benitez has rested him half the time so he's still got the energy to be effective when needed.

• Like 1

Couldn't watch second half - family commitments (wimp). Well done Chelsea, thought you might just fall-over at the last hurdle based on a strong Villa first half. Sorry I missed Frankie's just deserts.

Well done to Rafa for writing his CV at the Russian's expense. Should keep him in a nice house on the Wirral for the rest of his natural.

FRANKIE Lampard all time top goal scorer on 203 to send us into the CL.

A fantastic achievement by Frank. I saw Bobby Tambling in his prime.Plenty of pace and acceleration and would frighten the life out of the defenders by taking them on. Criminally underused by England probably because he was in a struggling team which couldn't defend most of the time.

And when he doesnt sub Hazard, thats what happens. Done till next season.!!

When you have the number of games Chelsea have over a short period of time, thats why he makes the substitutes he does. Injuries like those suffered today, are just waiting to happen.

If it was as easy to predict as you say Mata wouldn't be playing as he has played far more minutes.

Anyway, stop trying to pi55 on my parade!

In my opinion,two very soft red cards. Referees have become paranoid about a player raising his foot above waist level and,ofcourse,the recipient of the tackle will always make a meal of it.

Is it next year when the goal line technology comes in? Wonder if that would have been given. It was close but I think just nudged over the line.

I thought just over as well, but if so, by a hair.

Is it next year when the goal line technology comes in? Wonder if that would have been given. It was close but I think just nudged over the line.

yeah, i don't know how possible that was to call.

yeah, i don't know how possible that was to call.

Yeah, no blame on the officials for not giving it.

Super Frank to the rescue. Top four as a minimum now.

You are right and Lampard has been fantastic for you.

Him and the hairy striker you stupidly let go to China have been your biggest assets over the last few years.

I will be glad when he retires.

Oh and Mata breaks his leg. smile.png

OK that last one was cruel....I didn't mean it. tongue.png

Edited by smokie36