Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I guess we'll be seeing some of that modern day football from Yozay's men tonight...

attachicon.gif1045131_10152247517082813_169775544_n.jpg

Nice cartoon Bob........... your Mummy and Daddy letting you stay up tonight and watch the boys play football then?

It's a cracker hey......they are thanks keithy. I was hoping to watch it with my daddy but he said he had to pop round to your mam's for a bit. Chin chin

Quality reply Bob..................Nice!

• Like 1

Hate to think how good the Chavs will be next year if they can afford, within the Fair Play rules (if there are any), the silly money that will be asked for Draxler and Falcao. Draxler is a more obvious fit for you guys than he would have been for us but rumours abound about the number of clubs willing to pay over the (already over-priced) odds in Summer.

Edited by SantiSuk

Yes indeed - a special performance by Mourinho, Azzard, Cahill and Terry - in fact by most of the guys who are generally loathed by you footy forum typescheesy.gif

biggrin.png True, but credit where credits due. Spot on tactics and a fully deserved win.

• Like 1

Yes indeed - a special performance by Mourinho, Azzard, Cahill and Terry - in fact by most of the guys who are generally loathed by you footy forum typescheesy.gif

biggrin.png True, but credit where credits due. Spot on tactics and a fully deserved win.

Yeah, credit to Chelsea. They outplayed us and deserved the win.. Still a lot more twists and turns to go this season me thinks.

• Like 1

This was the perfect time to play City. Without Aguerro,Terry and Cahill dealt with the lack of movement from Negredo and Dzeko comfortably. Fernandinho not playing was another bonus. It showed a few chinks in City's armour that they had to play Demichellis in the holding role. He did OK but he's not in the same class as Fernandinho. We took full advantage and should have won by more than the odd goal. It was great to see us counter attacking at pace,often arriving in the penalty area with a man over.

A word on the West Ham game. Allardyce said that he "outwitted" Mourinho by parking the bus and denying us all three points. What's so clever about that? Mr. Simple of Simpletown could come up with that plan! If he had,say, taken the game to Chelsea by playing three at the back with two up front and getting something out of it, I would have applauded him but packing the penalty with ten plus the 'keeper isn't clever. It smacks of desperation to me.

Mate, when you got thrashed by City a week ago, you stated that there was no shame in that seeing as they were clearly the best side in the league. This one result, in my opinion, doesn't prove they aren't the best side in the league, but it does question surely how much clearly better they are, and does question the attitude of some Spurs supporters who seemed to think that being thrashed was ok because of how "awesome" City were. City are only "awesome" if you let them be. Stopping them granted might not be easy, but it is possible, as Chelsea have shown.

I appreciate that Spurs fans felt their reaction to the loss was their way of taking it on the chin, but it read to me as instead being extremely defeatist, especially the bit about feeling no shame.

Mate, when you got thrashed by City a week ago, you stated that there was no shame in that seeing as they were clearly the best side in the league. This one result, in my opinion, doesn't prove they aren't the best side in the league, but it does question surely how much clearly better they are, and does question the attitude of some Spurs supporters who seemed to think that being thrashed was ok because of how "awesome" City were. City are only "awesome" if you let them be. Stopping them granted might not be easy, but it is possible, as Chelsea have shown.

I appreciate that Spurs fans felt their reaction to the loss was their way of taking it on the chin, but it read to me as instead being extremely defeatist, especially the bit about feeling no shame.

Didn't Sherwood say they were the best team in the world after the defeat?

I believe he said they were the best team in the league which is a little different.

This should be on the Spurs thread surely?

btw Rix, you're starting to sound like a deflated supporter of Moyeschester United.wink.png

I believe he said they were the best team in the league which is a little different.

think he said they were the best team on the planet mate.

if he said that then he's a clown. Everyone knows Pep Guardiola manages the best sides in the world. Ask Jupp Heynckes and frank Riijkaard!!

if he said that then he's a clown. Everyone knows Pep Guardiola manages the best sides in the world. Ask Jupp Heynckes and frank Riijkaard!!

red nose, big shoes, car that falls apart when he gets out of it: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25956275

• Like 1

Merino might have been a great tactician last night but, deary me, we could do without the tired old faux comments of the traditional back-marking stalker that his team doesn't have a chance of taking the title.

Baaah. I thought you had more style and invention than that lad facepalm.gif .

"They are the best team on the planet, certainly the best team in the Premier League. We've played the champions today," Sherwood told BBC Sport. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25956275

If they're the best team on the planet, I wonder why he then had to say they're certainly the best in the PL?

15067566-happy-clown-art-illustration-on

Merino? Isn't he a former Miami Dolphins Quarterback? Are you sure you've got the right sport?

biggrin.png

Not very alert today are we Chic?

Merino - baaah - sheep reference for Mourinho's copying of past attempts by managers at false modesty?

(And it was Dan Marino I think who QB'd the Dolphins. I saw him play at the Astrodome when I worked in Houston in the late 70s)

laugh.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Merino? Isn't he a former Miami Dolphins Quarterback? Are you sure you've got the right sport?

biggrin.png

Not very alert today are we Chic?

Merino - baaah - sheep reference for Mourinho's copying of past attempts by managers at false modesty?

(And it was Dan Marino I think who QB'd the Dolphins. I saw him play at the Astrodome when I worked in Houston in the late 70s)

laugh.png

Mission control centre?wink.png

Edited by uptheos

biggrin.png

Yes, Marino, not Merino. Tremendous QB and would still hold tons of records if not for all the NFL rules changes since his days on the field.

Completely off topic, but better than more posts about Chelsea's victory.facepalm.gif

I still prefer Moronho but I notice he's doing his best to cozy up to all the press.The post match press conferences are a doddle, as they've stopped trying to get him to make a tit of himself these days.

he's got them eating out of the palm of his hand and he knows it. the way the media fawn over him is as nauseating as it is embarrassing.

• Like 1

Good team performance...much much better than the <deleted> display that we had against them earlier in the season.........Hazard....awesome. 3 goals scored none conceded and no yellow cards.looking goooooood biggrin.png

Chelsea a semblance of consistency, title is there to lose now, only City can stand in your way really

Good team performance...much much better than the <deleted> display that we had against them earlier in the season.........Hazard....awesome. 3 goals scored none conceded and no yellow cards.looking goooooood biggrin.png

Chelsea a semblance of consistency, title is there to lose now, only City can stand in your way really

Yeah you could be right.......ours to lose.............having played everyone in the top 10 away from home apart from your good selvesthumbsup.gif

• Like 1