Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I didn't see the game yesterday as I was at a birthday party but,according to reports,it was a comedy of errors that lead to City's first goal and a catalogue of joke defending and indiscipline that rendered the second half a laughing stock.So,for a team that prides itself on it's strength of character,what went wrong?Well, a performance like this has been on the horizon ever since the Terry and Asley Cole stories have broke, and the club has dealt with these episodes with the sensitivity of a sledge hammer.

British footballers are,by and large,from working class stock and definitely low down in the intelligence department,so, when individuals like these are able to piss up the wall in a minute what most of us earn in a month,then,temptations abound. So,when Ashley Cole drags a bit of skirt back to his hotel room during the pre season tour of the U.S.A and gets a fine of 400 grand while Terry knocks up Wayne Bridge's bird and the mother of his son and gets the full support of the club by allowing him time off to mend his marriage. Before which,he was involved in shady behind-the-scenes tours of the training ground for a fee which,he said,was for charity.Why keep it a secret then,John? Result?No disciplinary action forthcoming from the club.Double standards? Undoubtedly,when you consider that paragon of innocence,Roman Abramovich,is now shacked up with a 25 year old model after leaving his second wife and mother of his five kids.How is he in a position to take the moral high ground? Why disclose the Cole tryst NOW when we are three quarters of the way through the season and he was in the form of his life? Talk about shoot yourself in the foot!

Now the culmination of all this is <deleted> is starting to effect the squad and,more notably,Terry's form.He's a liability now and my opinion is that we should get shot of him in the summer and form a new,pacier central defensive partnership.As far as this season goes,the club and the players will have to pick up the pieces of a season that had promised so much.They have let the fans down by their actions in consistently dragging in controversy when it looked like we were in the ascendency.

An absolutely refreshingly honest Post Uncle Albert, you're spot on with it & fiar play for Posting it..

Just because it's your Team & your Players, it doesn't mean they're right ALL of the time, soemthing that man Football Fans don't seem to understand.

& you're right, all the nonsense that's going on was bound to have an effect somewhere along the lines..

City took their chances yesterday, that was the difference & a couple of those chances you presented to them in all honesty.

Add to that you commited suicide by the lack of indiscipline ( Ballack ) & individual errors ( Beletti/Mikel ).

I know i go on about it but it's because i feel strongly, no wonder Terry is such an arrogant <deleted> with what that Crowd allow him to get away with & i'm one of the few that don't even think his Football allows him to be first choice England Center Back let alone at a Club who aspire to be the best in the World..

See Everton away for evidence of it, i've said it for Years but he REGULARY gets caughtly badly out of position & under the ball which is criminal for a Centre Half at that level, especially one who is about as quick as the Slug i have crawling up my Front Steps at the moment..

He's ok against big lumbering centre forwards but up against anyone a bit quick or with a few brain cells he struggles. :)

I didn't see the game yesterday as I was at a birthday party but,according to reports,it was a comedy of errors that lead to City's first goal and a catalogue of joke defending and indiscipline that rendered the second half a laughing stock.So,for a team that prides itself on it's strength of character,what went wrong?Well, a performance like this has been on the horizon ever since the Terry and Asley Cole stories have broke, and the club has dealt with these episodes with the sensitivity of a sledge hammer.

British footballers are,by and large,from working class stock and definitely low down in the intelligence department,so, when individuals like these are able to piss up the wall in a minute what most of us earn in a month,then,temptations abound. So,when Ashley Cole drags a bit of skirt back to his hotel room during the pre season tour of the U.S.A and gets a fine of 400 grand while Terry knocks up Wayne Bridge's bird and the mother of his son and gets the full support of the club by allowing him time off to mend his marriage. Before which,he was involved in shady behind-the-scenes tours of the training ground for a fee which,he said,was for charity.Why keep it a secret then,John? Result?No disciplinary action forthcoming from the club.Double standards? Undoubtedly,when you consider that paragon of innocence,Roman Abramovich,is now shacked up with a 25 year old model after leaving his second wife and mother of his five kids.How is he in a position to take the moral high ground? Why disclose the Cole tryst NOW when we are three quarters of the way through the season and he was in the form of his life? Talk about shoot yourself in the foot!

Now the culmination of all this is <deleted> is starting to effect the squad and,more notably,Terry's form.He's a liability now and my opinion is that we should get shot of him in the summer and form a new,pacier central defensive partnership.As far as this season goes,the club and the players will have to pick up the pieces of a season that had promised so much.They have let the fans down by their actions in consistently dragging in controversy when it looked like we were in the ascendency.

An absolutely refreshingly honest Post Uncle Albert, you're spot on with it & fiar play for Posting it..

Just because it's your Team & your Players, it doesn't mean they're right ALL of the time, soemthing that man Football Fans don't seem to understand.

& you're right, all the nonsense that's going on was bound to have an effect somewhere along the lines..

City took their chances yesterday, that was the difference & a couple of those chances you presented to them in all honesty.

Add to that you commited suicide by the lack of indiscipline ( Ballack ) & individual errors ( Beletti/Mikel ).

I know i go on about it but it's because i feel strongly, no wonder Terry is such an arrogant <deleted> with what that Crowd allow him to get away with & i'm one of the few that don't even think his Football allows him to be first choice England Center Back let alone at a Club who aspire to be the best in the World..

See Everton away for evidence of it, i've said it for Years but he REGULARY gets caughtly badly out of position & under the ball which is criminal for a Centre Half at that level, especially one who is about as quick as the Slug i have crawling up my Front Steps at the moment..

I'd hate to have a slug crawling up my front steps...... :)

I think a new topic coming up very soon will be a debate of whether Terry should warrent his place in the team based on form. At this juncture, no way.

What with Rio's injury worries, Cole broken ankle, Crouch hopelessly out of touch and Rooney playing so many games our build up is looking like cause for concern :D

Another excellent post from the oldgit - always tells it exactly as it is. :)

Well,Singhy,Terry was a great captain for us and,on the ball,he's a classy defender but get him to turn and he's like the Queen Mary.As I said on the Inter game,Lucio is a modern day central defender with all the attributes to make him the best in the business.A Premiership season is a long time in football nowadays and it has highlighted how both Terry and Cavalho are not as good as they were.We could have got through this unscathed,though,but Terry and Cole have f**ked it up by simply not keeping their dicks in their trousers and the club have acted like idiots.

I didn't see the game yesterday as I was at a birthday party but,according to reports,it was a comedy of errors that lead to City's first goal and a catalogue of joke defending and indiscipline that rendered the second half a laughing stock.

I guess we're not going to get a congratulationary post from you then, OG :)

You (or others) may call it a comedy of errors or joke defending but if you watch the highlights, you will probably give credit where credit is due.

I didn't see the game yesterday as I was at a birthday party but,according to reports,it was a comedy of errors that lead to City's first goal and a catalogue of joke defending and indiscipline that rendered the second half a laughing stock.

I guess we're not going to get a congratulationary post from you then, OG :)

You (or others) may call it a comedy of errors or joke defending but if you watch the highlights, you will probably give credit where credit is due.

Credit where credit's due of course but from a Chelsea perspective it was farcical & so were all the Goals they conceeded..

First one was a joke between Carvalho, the other Fella & the Keeper, second one they left Mikel ( who is slower than the other Fella ) one on one with Bellamy, thrid was Beletti all over the Shop & lost the Ball conceeding a Penalty & getting sent off, fourth was donw to them being incredibly exposed chasing the Game with 9 Men..

From THEIR perspective it was farcical..

From yours & mine BJ it was fabulous & i thorougly enjoyed it laughing my t*ts off throughout at virtually everything that happened yesterday... :D

I guess we're not going to get a congratulationary post from you then, OG :D

Credit where credit's due of course but from a Chelsea perspective it was farcical & so were all the Goals they conceeded..

First one was a joke between Carvalho, the other Fella & the Keeper, second one they left Mikel ( who is slower than the other Fella ) one on one with Bellamy, thrid was Beletti all over the Shop & lost the Ball conceeding a Penalty & getting sent off, fourth was donw to them being incredibly exposed chasing the Game with 9 Men..

From THEIR perspective it was farcical..

From yours & mine BJ it was fabulous & i thorougly enjoyed it laughing my t*ts off throughout at virtually everything that happened yesterday... :D

I find myself in an unusual position --- agreeing with you Mr S :D A great result for the neutral and for Man Utd :D

I also agree with OG and his summing up and it applies to all players from all teams.

Interesting the Chelsea fans singing - There's only one English captain :)

BT :D

Just read Oldgits excellent post.

It will be a shame if Terry and Cole's recent troubles (and Terry's loss of form) lose Chelsea the Premiership this season.

why would it be a shame, the players behaviour is totally wrong, the club hasnt acted accordingly, bar fining cole, but the entire club has stood by them especially terry ,and a large section of the supporters fully support him, for them ive no sympathy at all, if a chelsea fan were to come out and say terry,s a c##nt and ultimately with all the shit hes caused plus his loss of form it could cost the league, id sympathise with that supporter, but in general hes ac##nt and any one who backs him deseves no sympathy if it costs them the league, if it were a player from my team i wouldnt back him just because ha plays for my team

if was just some slapper, then why did bridge blank him, its obvious ther is some emotion attached, ie .kid

on a lighter note ,they deserve to lose for allowing that clown terry out with that ridiculous haircut

This certainly is a tricky situation to be in as a Chelsea fan, I've been a big fan of JT ever since he made his debut against Villa, as a fiercely loyal supporter I hate to slag off any blue boys especially to rival supporters but this carry on can not be continued, on his day know one is better, he couldn't be faulted for commitment and leadership. I was so proud to have JT as captain of my country as well as my club but all the revelations that came out have been embarrassing to say the least. I could of easily forgotten about what he does in his own time but as his form has been terrible and seems to be effecting the team then it can't go on.....I don't think selling him would be the answer, dropping him for a game or two would be enough to say sort it out and start playing like you did before all the shit hit the fan! :)

This certainly is a tricky situation to be in as a Chelsea fan, I've been a big fan of JT ever since he made his debut against Villa, as a fiercely loyal supporter I hate to slag off any blue boys especially to rival supporters but this carry on can not be continued, on his day know one is better, he couldn't be faulted for commitment and leadership. I was so proud to have JT as captain of my country as well as my club but all the revelations that came out have been embarrassing to say the least. I could of easily forgotten about what he does in his own time but as his form has been terrible and seems to be effecting the team then it can't go on.....I don't think selling him would be the answer, dropping him for a game or two would be enough to say sort it out and start playing like you did before all the shit hit the fan! :)

We've talked about this player/club relationship many times,Sea' :D .I've had Chelsea running through my veins since the day I was conceived! I put the name of Chelsea Football Club far above any individuals that have come and gone throughout the club's history.If these individuals help the club to progress while they are employed there then that's fine and I will praise them to the hilt but if they, and I don't care who they are,do anything to hinder the club towards it's goals,then I will turn on them.

John Terry has been one of the best servants the club has ever had and,quite rightly,has received all the plaundits granted to a man that has gone on to not only captain Chelsea but his country as well.He's also been highly paid by the club.Now,he and Ashley Cole have got themselves embroiled in scandals that have directly affected Chelsea. For that,they should receive criticism in equal measure as should the board for there handling of the situation.They have not only let the club down but the fans as well.By their stupidity,they've made it even harder for us to win the league this season.

out of interest oldgit, do you really think that terry's been a great 'servant' to chelsea? i always thought that term implied loyalty and levels of professionalism and integrity never really demonstrated by terry. from his using city last summer to leverage an even bigger contract out of the club to his alleged undermining of mourinho to the recent scandals of bridge's missus and cobham, he's always just seemed a spoiled get who thinks he's bigger than the club.

out of interest oldgit, do you really think that terry's been a great 'servant' to chelsea? i always thought that term implied loyalty and levels of professionalism and integrity never really demonstrated by terry. from his using city last summer to leverage an even bigger contract out of the club to his alleged undermining of mourinho to the recent scandals of bridge's missus and cobham, he's always just seemed a spoiled get who thinks he's bigger than the club.

I agree with you, and i think Chelsea fans have in the past turned a blind eye to their captain's more obvious failings due to his performance on the pitch. Whether though they will be quite so forgiving if his current form continues is another thing.

What with Rio's injury worries, Cole broken ankle, Crouch hopelessly out of touch and Rooney playing so many games our build up is looking like cause for concern :D

No no its all coming together perfectly. :D

Ah yes, the sweatys are lurking on the forum :)

No no its all coming together perfectly. :D

Ah yes, the sweatys are lurking on the forum :)

No doubt the press will have you all believing you have a team packed with world beaters by June. Not to worry carmine. :D

I agree with you, and i think Chelsea fans have in the past turned a blind eye to their captain's more obvious failings due to his performance on the pitch. Whether though they will be quite so forgiving if his current form continues is another thing.

One thought came to mind. When Craig Bellamy thinks you are a legitimate target to take the moral high ground against, surely it's time to take a very long look in the mirror :)

As I've said before, I'm a Chelsea fan of over 50 years and I must agree wholehartedly with the comments posted above by Oldgit. Although I follow the daily posts on this forum, I don't generally join in with the banter. Over the years I've learnt that football can make you top of the world one week, then next week it's kicking you in the guts. But that's one reason why we all enjoy it.

The way Chelsea have handled the "affairs" this season have been pathetic. Whilst in no way condoning their actions, Terry and Cole are not unique in the things they have done, but they are ambassadors for the club and, as such, should be punished if they bring the club into disripute. Fines don't mean much to them, but a month's suspension without pay may make them notice, and it sends a message to others. However, I think it would create legal problems to implement, but at least some sort of club suspension is necessary. If it hinders the clubs's attempt to win things then the blame lies with the player, not the club and no player is ever bigger than the club.

It may be best for Chelsea to let it be known within the game that they would look kindly on offers for Terry and Cole in the summer, they have plenty of time to be looking for replacements.

As for the game, Chelsea sowed the seeds of their own downfall by their tactics in the first half. With Ciy's recent disappointments, I was hoping that Chelsea would come out with all guns blazing to hit them while their confidence was low. Instead they performed like Arsenal in slow motion passing the ball backwards and forwards, giving City plenty of time to organise the defence and, the more the half progressed, the more you could see City's confidence growing. When they got the lucky break just before half time they obviously decided that they could get a good result and in the second half it was a different City and they deserved their win. Terry and Tevez poking chests at each other reminded me of little boys in the school playground.

I agree with you,Stevie, that he's sailed very close to the wind on a number of occasions starting with the night club incident with Jodie Morris but he's got away with those misdemeanors relatively unscathed.There's no doubt that the club have allowed him plenty of leeway due to his performances on the pitch over the years.That's where his loyalty and professionalism to the club has manifested itself and that's why the fans on the terraces support him. Off the field...definitely a wrong 'un.

• 3 weeks later...

Jose is one of a kind... :)

Inter manager Jose Mourinho plans on second coaching stint in England

The 'Special One' keen on Premier League return

Inter boss Jose Mourinho, who returns to Stamford Bridge for the first time for Tuesday night’s Champions League second leg against Chelsea, has proclaimed that a second stint managing in the Premier League is in his career plans.

The Portuguese manager won every honour in English football during his time in charge of Chelsea, including consecutive Premier League titles, before being let go in 2007 in which thereafter he moved onto Inter.

Mourinho, who has won a Serie A championship in his first season with the Italian giants, hopes to one day return to England before the end of his career.

"I have, as I said before, three things to do in my career - one is to come back to English football; another thing is to win the Spanish championship, because no-one has won Italian, English and Spanish titles; and another one, when I'm old, is to coach my national team," Mourinho said in the pre-match press conference.

"But, for now, I would like to keep winning with Inter," he continued.

The former Porto boss' relationship with Blues owner Roman Abramovich had soured after he was fired following a 1-1 draw against Rosenborg in the Champions League. And Mourinho looked back and wondered what could have been.

"I feel sorry but I look forward. I feel sorry because, when I look at the big four teams while I was in England, they [the managers] are all there.

"Sir Alex Ferguson is here. Arsene Wenger is here. Rafa Benitez is here. I did more than enough to be here. But the decision was made.

"Chelsea looked forward. I look forward. They move on. I move on. I keep winning important things. They keep winning...something.

"They won an FA Cup. The most important thing is the relation we have. No regrets, no big problems. Just respect.”

Jose is one of a kind... :D

Inter boss Jose Mourinho, who returns to Stamford Bridge for the first time for Tuesday night's Champions League second leg against Chelsea, has proclaimed that a second stint managing in the Premier League is in his career plans.

The Portuguese manager won every honour in English football during his time in charge of Chelsea, including consecutive Premier League titles, before being let go in 2007 in which thereafter he moved onto Inter.

Mourinho, who has won a Serie A championship in his first season with the Italian giants, hopes to one day return to England before the end of his career.

"I have, as I said before, three things to do in my career - one is to come back to English football; another thing is to win the Spanish championship, because no-one has won Italian, English and Spanish titles; and another one, when I'm old, is to coach my national team," Mourinho said in the pre-match press conference.

The former Porto boss' relationship with Blues owner Roman Abramovich had soured after he was fired following a 1-1 draw against Rosenborg in the Champions League. And Mourinho looked back and wondered what could have been.

"I feel sorry but I look forward. I feel sorry because, when I look at the big four teams while I was in England, they [the managers] are all there.

"Sir Alex Ferguson is here. Arsene Wenger is here. Rafa Benitez is here. I did more than enough to be here. But the decision was made.

"Chelsea looked forward. I look forward. They move on. I move on. I keep winning important things. They keep winning...something.

"They won an FA Cup. The most important thing is the relation we have. No regrets, no big problems. Just respect."

QUALITY........it would be great to have Jose back in the premiership :)

Jose is one of a kind... :D

Inter boss Jose Mourinho, who returns to Stamford Bridge for the first time for Tuesday night's Champions League second leg against Chelsea, has proclaimed that a second stint managing in the Premier League is in his career plans.

"They won an FA Cup. The most important thing is the relation we have. No regrets, no big problems. Just respect."

QUALITY........it would be great to have Jose back in the premiership :)

Would that be a wink for him coming to spurs :D

That's not true that 'Mourinho's relationship has soured with Abramovich.'Mourinho has stated quite often that they speak to each other quite often.I believe Abramovich bought him a car for his birthday last year.

Chelsea 0 - 1 Inter Milan

Oh well, to be honest we just weren't good enough tonight, too many big name players didn't show up and yet again Drogba lets us down with his 3rd red card in successive "big games" I can't take it away from Inter though, there back line was great even though they were using rugby challenges on a few occasions during corners. Over for this season and its gona be the final curtain for a few of the senior players but at least we can concentrate on the league, if we fail to win that or the FA Cup will it be a failure of a season, will Ancelotto still be in charge come the start of the season.....would Abramovich be able to swallow his pride and get Mourhino back to the bridge?

Oh well, to be honest we just weren't good enough tonight, too many big name players didn't show up and yet again Drogba lets us down with his 3rd red card in successive "big games" I can't take it away from Inter though, there back line was great even though they were using rugby challenges on a few occasions during corners. Over for this season and its gona be the final curtain for a few of the senior players but at least we can concentrate on the league, if we fail to win that or the FA Cup will it be a failure of a season, will Ancelotto still be in charge come the start of the season.....would Abramovich be able to swallow his pride and get Mourhino back to the bridge?

Wanted to watch it but sadly age gets the better of me. Did Anelka play - seems to have disappeared recently?

Wanted to watch it but sadly age gets the better of me. Did Anelka play - seems to have disappeared recently?

Anelka was rubbish I thought along with many others. Chelsea were very poor. For once I felt sorry for Drogba who got no help from the officials. Chelsea should have got at least 2 penalties for blatant fouls in the box as corners came in. I find it maddening that referees so often bottle these type of fouls. It seems to be only Man U at Old Trafford will always get these calls.

Anelka was rubbish I thought along with many others. Chelsea were very poor. For once I felt sorry for Drogba who got no help from the officials. Chelsea should have got at least 2 penalties for blatant fouls in the box as corners came in. I find it maddening that referees so often bottle these type of fouls. It seems to be only Man U at Old Trafford will always get these calls.

You have a point there. However, in the last, let's say four years, exactly how many penalties have been awarded against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge? I don't think you can grumble :)

chelsea were poor but much of that was down to inter playing well.They used bullying tactics early on to unsettle chelsea,gave them no room or time to settle in,so the supply line onto the wings or up the centre were far and few between.Chelsea did not look at all sharp and i think were missing ashley cole's dashes up the wing.

A dismal display from start to finish and we got what we deserved,absolutely nothing.Inter did a job on us and roughed us up and never allowed us any space or time to get our passing game going. As I've said before,Chelsea don't play well when Lampard doesn't and he was anonymous due to the control Sneijder had on the midfield.If Abramovich's ambitions are still strong on the European front,then wholesale changes are needed.At this level,you can't afford to carry players that aren't good enough or past their best.