Doctor Robbed of Baht 10,000 Whilst Spirit Children Play

webfact

Doctor Robbed of Baht 10,000 Whilst Spirit Children Play
Story by Albert Jack

sp.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 1.20am in the morning of May 16th Dr. Wiruchsak Sukrittanon, reported a break-in at his Beauty Clinic located on 40/59 Moo 5, Mabyailia, Banglamung, Pattaya.

Dr Sukrittanon showed police officers a hole in his bathroom ceiling on the fourth floor of the building that he believed the thieves used to gain access to his clinic.

He then explained that the thieves had broken the lock on his surgery and stolen 10,000 baht from a drawer although, curiously, a further 40,000 baht had been left behind by the raiders.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224325/doctor-robbed-baht-10000-whilst-spirit-children-play/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-16

This chap is a Doctor, an educated intelligent man.

"Dr Sukrittanon also said that earlier in the evening he had heard noises and footsteps on his stairs but he believed them to be of his fourteen amulet, spirit children who live with him. As they usually play together around that time he assumed the footsteps were theirs and ignored them."

"Dr Sukrittanon also said that earlier in the evening he had heard noises and footsteps on his stairs but he believed them to be of his fourteen amulet, spirit children who live with him. As they usually play together around that time he assumed the footsteps were theirs and ignored them."

May we ask how you know this Doctor is an "educated intelligent man" wink.png

Point taken.

Maybe he just cheated at the entrance exam and all other exams during his training.

Or, the amulet spirit children took the exams.

Up to you.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

Clear evidence that exam cheating is not a recent activity.

Can I assume that some of the posters above are Christian and believe, or at some time in the past were taught to believe, that the Christian God was in fact himself, his own son who was crucified and rose from the dead and a holy spirit? That the mother of his son (himself) was a virgin possibly impregnated by himself as a ghost?

Hundreds of millions of people across the world do and they can't all be stupid, can they?

If that is what the doctor believes, then good for him. At the very least he believes in something.

Can I assume that some of the posters above are Christian and believe, or at some time in the past were taught to believe, that the Christian God was in fact himself, his own son who was crucified and rose from the dead and a holy spirit? That the mother of his son (himself) was a virgin possibly impregnated by himself as a ghost?

Hundreds of millions of people across the world do and they can't all be stupid, can they?

If that is what the doctor believes, then good for him. At the very least he believes in something.

I am willing to bet that the majority of believers in historical religions can defend their worldview somewhat better than the people who believe there is a factory pumping out dolls with dead children's souls in them.

And why was he letting those kids play without supervision?

Edited by canuckamuck

Anyone who believes in a Spirit Doll should expect money to magically disappear, Evidence is clear and he has the footsteps to prove it

cheesy.gif

Please point out in the OP where he is talking about spirit dolls?

He is talking about amulet children which are entirely different.

I am willing to bet that the majority of believers in historical religions can defend their worldview somewhat better than the people who believe there is a factory pumping out dolls with dead children's souls in them.

IMO there is NO difference in historical religion and the the doctor believing in spirit children.

Buddhists believe in re-incarnation when the souls of dead people come back as something else. Why not as children?

How can people defend their worldwide view of a religion which when you get down to it is simply something that they believe in. Take Christianity for example. Millions believe in "god" but they have differing views of who "god" is and how to worship "him". Catholics, Protestants, Church of Scotland, Lutherans, Dutch Reformed Church etc ALL believe that their version is the true one and everyone else is misinformed. It is said that "god" sees all and hears all prayers to him. If that is so why do people need to go to church and listen to a man wearing a dress telling them about the word of "god".

If you to other religions such as Moslem, Hindu and the other polyglot religions, they all have their own "god" and everybody elses "god" is false. What about druids or even devil worshippers? Are they all wrong too?

So who IS right?

If you believe in spirit children who is to say that you are foolish and wrong? Someone from another religion perhaps or even a non believer?

If you are happy and comfortable with what you believe in, don't worry or care what other people think. After all they may be in the wrong religion anyway despite having millions of supporters around the world.

Here ends this mornings lesson.

I am willing to believe that not one of those you refer to could prove that there beliefs hold water (if that's what you mean by your bizarre "defend their worldview" statement) any more than this man's beliefs.

There is no connection between "dolls with dead children's souls in them" pumped out by a factory and the circumstances or the doctor's belief reported here.

Because he passed the entry exam of a Thai university! ! ! clap2.gifcheesy.gifgigglem.gif

I am willing to believe that not one of those you refer to could prove that there beliefs hold water (if that's what you mean by your bizarre "defend their worldview" statement) any more than this man's beliefs.

There is no connection between "dolls with dead children's souls in them" pumped out by a factory and the circumstances or the doctor's belief reported here.

I assumed they were the Luk Thep dolls that he referred to as children. They are indeed pumped out of a factory with claims that they contain the souls of dead children. But if was another version spirit children then I can't speak to that.

IMO there is NO difference in historical religion and the the doctor believing in spirit children.

Buddhists believe in re-incarnation when the souls of dead people come back as something else. Why not as children?

How can people defend their worldwide view of a religion which when you get down to it is simply something that they believe in. Take Christianity for example. Millions believe in "god" but they have differing views of who "god" is and how to worship "him". Catholics, Protestants, Church of Scotland, Lutherans, Dutch Reformed Church etc ALL believe that their version is the true one and everyone else is misinformed. It is said that "god" sees all and hears all prayers to him. If that is so why do people need to go to church and listen to a man wearing a dress telling them about the word of "god".

If you to other religions such as Moslem, Hindu and the other polyglot religions, they all have their own "god" and everybody elses "god" is false. What about druids or even devil worshippers? Are they all wrong too?

So who IS right?

If you believe in spirit children who is to say that you are foolish and wrong? Someone from another religion perhaps or even a non believer?

If you are happy and comfortable with what you believe in, don't worry or care what other people think. After all they may be in the wrong religion anyway despite having millions of supporters around the world.

Here ends this mornings lesson.

Firstly I must point out that I thought these were Luk Thep dolls, which are a modern fad. If I am mistaken then some of my point is lost.

But I still have something to say about your post. There is a difference between historical religions and ad hoc superstitions which may or may not be pulled from thin air.

The clue is in the word 'historical'; signifying that whatever belief system it refers to, it has some connection to history. Most often a historical religion is the philosophy of a real flesh and blood person who said some very clever things and amassed a great following which had an effect on the world for thousands of years and continues to this day.

A few who come to mind are Moses, Jesus, Siddhartha Gautama, and even Mohammed.

Now you can say what you want about the validity of what they declare. But the followers of these worldviews have been blessed with the convenience of being able to look into thousands of years of scholarly debate towards these views, and are therefore able to make decisions about their merit based upon personal meditation and study.

Whether or not you agree with what the adherents choose to believe is neither here nor there. Because the statement was not whether or not followers of historical religions believe the truth; It was about whether or not they can give an argument to defend why... they choose to believe it.

Plastic spirit dolls however, is not a belief system or theology. It's a good luck charm and only hype and anecdotal evidence can be provided to it's effect. To cast them all into the same pile is intellectual dishonesty and arrogance.

Quick question, after reading that article, who would want to be treated by this man?

Quick answer.

Would you prefer to be treated by a doctor who believes in a ghost?

Most Christians believe in the holy trinity which is of course "God" the father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. It is a matter of faith and belief.

The doctor has his own faith and belief so who are you to deny that?

So please explain to me why you would not want to be treated by this doctor?