TrueOnline's new call center mechanics

Na Fan

Just noticed this recently. Up until now, both me and my girlfriend were able to call them up, and we'd get the automated system asking what language we'd prefer.

This has now stopped.

They must have somehow internally linked our phones to the contract, and since the recent couple conversations have been in Thai, we now no longer get the option to even choose English when calling 1686. I just made a test using an alternate cell phone, and magically the "for English press 2" appeared. Enter the contract number, and right after when you call back with that same phone, the "for English press 2" prompt is gone again.

Has anyone else experienced this and how to get out of this? This seems like an attempt to be "customer friendly" which turned out to be the very opposite.

Fan

Yea I called Trueonline...1686 I think..and no option offered in English. Somehow I got to a real person and asked to talk in English. They then coonected me to an English speaking rep. Even True's website has significantly less English Web pages than a few years ago.

I suspect that may be due to lower total percentage of foreign customers than before - when TV to foreigners was a major earner. Take a look at channel 16 TNN a few hours to see how many areas they are getting there hands into (most with no English advertising) - it seems to be morphing into CP/Central diversity size.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I called Trueonline...1686 I think..and no option offered in English. Somehow I got to a real person and asked to talk in English. They then coonected me to an English speaking rep. Even True's website has significantly less English Web pages than a few years ago.

I called TrueOnline again today wanting to discuss a promotion and once again the Call Center never offered English as an option like they use to right at the beginning of the call. Anyway I just keep pressing 0 until I got a human and then asked to be connected to an English speaking rep which they did.

First question I asked was why was English language selection no longer offered at the beginning of the call...the rep said that's because my account was coded as Thai language and their system knows it's my phone number calling so it defaults to Thai. I asked him to set it to English, which he did, and then went on to talk about the promotion. And he confirmed my TrueVisions account is also set to English.

After we ended our call, I immediately called back, and was greeted only in the English language...no option for Thai or English...just English language from the get-go. So, True is now evaluating the incoming call and if the phone number is tied to an account their inactive voice system defaults to whatever default language is set for that account, Thai or English.