When will it rain?

Last night the BBC weatherman said to "expect some monsoon rains to hit Thailand in the next two weeks". And weather forecasters are never wrong!!

Well Windguru got it terribly wrong today, it's bucketing down ! Time to replace the dartboard.

It's dry like a cork in Plai Laem, cloudy but dry

That was an unfair post – because of that I watered my plants this morning, and now it's raining – even Koh Phangan has totally vanished in shower...blink.png

To day Sunday...to morrow will be the first heavy rain day in Samui this year wai.gif guaranty from Tchooptip weathermansmile.png

Monday (May 23rd) 14.7mm; Tuesday 35.0mm; Wenesday 17.1mm; Thursday 6.9mm; Friday 9.6mm; Saturday 13.1mm and the Sun become slightly visible again – that's my 5 cent bet...rolleyes.gif

To day Sunday...to morrow will be the first heavy rain day in Samui this year wai.gif guaranty from Tchooptip weathermansmile.png

Monday (May 23rd) 14.7mm; Tuesday 35.0mm; Wenesday 17.1mm; Thursday 6.9mm; Friday 9.6mm; Saturday 13.1mm and the Sun become slightly visible again – that's my 5 cent bet...rolleyes.gif

clap2.gifAmateurs can play too of course... wink.png.

... but... to morrow Monday 31,0mm 99% Sun 7,7h, 5h,58⇾18h,35 with wind up to 20 knots (strongest of the week)

Tuesday 38,1mm 99%. Sun 4,6h , 5h,58⇾18h,35

Wednesday 9,5mm 25%. Sun 6,9h '' ''

Thursday 1,1mm 40% Sun 7,5h '' ''

... but... to morrow Monday 31,0mm 99% Sun 7,7h, 5h,58⇾18h,35 with wind up to 20 knots (strongest of the week)

Thanks for details. wai2.gif

Note to myself: Don't water the plants Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday..!thumbsup.gif

Note to myself: Don't water the plants Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday..!thumbsup.gif

23h30m update thumbsup.gif for to morrow:

rain Monday (only) 13,1mm so forget my forecast of this morning rolleyes.gif wind 20 knots same same...not all wrong

Tuesday 18,8 mm er..OK... I will not give % this time wind abating already no more 15 knots...almost sure

Wednesday 13,3 mm

Thursday it will rain also but not too much

Fryday hardly a tiny little more rain than Thursday

Edited by Tchooptip

23h30m update thumbsup.gif for to morrow:

rain Monday (only) 13,1mm so forget my forecast of this morning rolleyes.gif wind 20 knots same same...not all wrong

Tuesday 18,8 mm er..OK... I will not give % this time wind abating already no more 15 knots...almost sure

Wednesday 13,3 mm

Thursday it will rain also but not too much

Fryday hardly a tiny little more rain than Thursday

Aha, 13.1mm, closing in on my amateur Monday forecast of 14.7mm – a very short shower this morning – my plants are screaming, but I bought earmuffs, I don't want to listen to their ongoing complaints; I rely on Tchooptip's professional weather prediction and sits on the terrace in raincoat with umbrella, waiting for the sky to open up for the goodies...rolleyes.gif

Rained during the night again, really nice when it comes down night time. smile.png

I feel obliged to update again but I'm affraid it will be the last time, for ...even though I am not Thai... losing face is sometimes hard to avoid whistling.gif

In fact to day virtually no rain only a little in the evening maybe...pffff

Also the wind wil not be as strong expexted only round 10 knots so its good newsclap2.gif

Tuesday some more rain is expected I have vaguely heard round 30mm at least the sky will be cloudy over much of the Island.