PM Prayut congratulates Thai clay shooting athlete

webfact

PM congratulates Thai clay shooting athlete

BANGKOK, 17 May 2016 (NNT) – The prime minister of Thailand has congratulated the national skeet and trap shooter for their victory in the global match, encouraging them for the upcoming competition in the upcoming 2016 Brazil Olympic Games.

The Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has brought in a Thai skeet and trap shooting athlete Suthiya Jewchaloemmit to visit at the government house in Bangkok for her first victory in a global level competition in Brazil.

She has said the Prime Minister has allowed her to pray for good fortune with a Buddha image in the government house, while the intended to show her medals to the Prime Minister, who has shown interests in the competition and asked her to do her best in the upcoming 2016 Brazil Olympic Games.

The Prime Minister has granted her with two OTOP bags made from traditional Panama loincloth, and Buddha amulets to the Thai athletes for good luck.

The PM has also expressed his concerns over the spread of Zika virus in Brazil, asking for all Thai athletes to be in good health condition, and encouraged the implementation of sports science to enhance the capability of Thai athletes as well as their mental preparedness.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-17 footer_n.gif

Yes its a very easy to shoot something that isn't shooting back, lets see how well your Buddha amulets and lion cloth works for you then.

Your Signature Statement I know nothing and I like to keep it that way. I read Thai-visa to have a laugh, any posts I make are in jest and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Roger that! And here I was thinking you were just bitter and twisted.

Yes its a very easy to shoot something that isn't shooting back, lets see how well your Buddha amulets and lion cloth works for you then.

No it isn't. Clay shooting is challenging and like all sporting activities it required practice, discipline and the development of skill. People have different levels of skill and respond differently to skills development as in all activities.

Competition shooting is nothing like combat shooting. Some very very good marksmen loose it when in combat. Very different experience.

skeet and trap shooting...

athlete...

Hmmm

Kicking a round ball filled with air about, or throwing an oval one around. Hitting a little hard ball thrown at you with a bat. Trying to throw a round ball into a basket in the air. Hitting a piece of rubber around an ice rink,

athlete, Hhmmm.

athlete...

Hmmm

Kicking a round ball filled with air about, or throwing an oval one around. Hitting a little hard ball thrown at you with a bat. Trying to throw a round ball into a basket in the air. Hitting a piece of rubber around an ice rink,

athlete, Hhmmm.

Hmmmmmm also

Definition of an athlete. : a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina.

Not to forget that other Olympic Sport, Golf. Golfers. Athletes? Within the terms of the official definition, I guess that's a yes. What about Darts or Billiards?

But really, I admit, I tend to think that the person who can run faster than a speeding bullet, rather than shoot one, is the the real athlete.

I once shot competition, not at this level of course, not skeet or trap either, but shooting all the same. I certainly never, not for one nano-second, thought of myself as an 'athlete'. Although a long day on the range, walking backwards and forwards taking your turn in the 'Butts' could make you quite weary. - and thirsty. smile.png

rifleteam.jpg

Edited by cpofc

athlete...

Hmmm

athlete, Hhmmm.

To play all those things you mentioned needs a tremendous level of fitness = athleticism = athlete.

Clay pidgeon shooting is a skill where fitness helps but isn't essential. I personally wouldn't call participants 'athletes'.

How many medals have you won for clay shooting then?

No medals or a chest to pin it on, however I do have a bronze swimming certificatethumbsup.gif