Cambodian border run any updates?

Havent done one in awhile. my 30 day visa on arrival and 30 extension is up and need to do a quick border run (i dont have time to go to another country for a 60/30 day)

Which border crossing in cambodia is a better choice?

So the border run is only for a 14day?

Im in bangkok

All the crossings are good. Poi Pet is very busy so another one would be a better choice.

Which one you will want to use will depend upon your location.

Ban Laem is a good crossing. It is bit further from Bangkok but the time can be made up by the time saved by doing the crossing quicker.

If not doing it yourself I can recommend this company. http://www.thaivisaservice.com/

thanks for that link. althought this info on their site alarmed me:

• Real Tourist arriving via an international airport will still obtain a 30 day stay, however travelers using OUT/IN method to extend stay will be denied entry. Decision is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer.

Ban Laem is a good crossing. It is bit further from Bangkok but the time can be made up by the time saved by doing the crossing quicker.

If not doing it yourself I can recommend this company. http://www.thaivisaservice.com/

thanks for that link. althought this info on their site alarmed me:

• Real Tourist arriving via an international airport will still obtain a 30 day stay, however travelers using OUT/IN method to extend stay will be denied entry. Decision is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer.

The decision to admit always rests with the IO. (No different to America!)

In your case there is unlikely to be a problem.

make sure u have 20,000 in cash and a copy of ur flight out,

How many visa exempts have you had?

You might have ZERO problem, than again.....

They do not ask for this at Ban Laem, have been there myself

If they did ask for it Thaivisaservice would state it on their website

Poi Pet is very busy

Not always the case, it might be true if you arrive when some of those big tourists buses arrives.

Been there about 10 days ago, the ground floor, was full of Cambodians, but the upper floor where we "foreigners" have to go, was completely empty, not a single person in all the 10 minutes i have been there, so instead to do the "horse's run" inside the maze they have on front of their desks, i bypassed the course and went directly to the point where you have to wait just after it......well, you can imagine what happened next, a lady captain in possibly her 30's came out and say, "No! No! you have to go back!", so i reply that there was absolutely no one before or even after me, why i couldn't just wait there for one of the maybe 10 desks (all free) to call me, but nothing to do, i had to do that silly silly race's course for their joy, while the captain was making comments about me being a "farang" , ah ahhh, sometime i try to pretend that logic exist in Thailand too, but i get disproved almost immediately.... laugh.png

Have used Thaivisaservice and obtained a couple of visa exempt entries with no difficulties. As Ubonjoe noted they do a good job of taking care of the formalities at the border in Ban laem. Leave a bit before 5am and back mid afternoon. Can't fault it in any way.

hwo much money do you save if you do it yoruself instead of visa run companies?

It is about 900 Baht less to DIY with bus to Poipet, than to use a service. That estimate includes the 100-Baht 'fee' for a hassle-free Cambodian VOA at that crossing.

Poi Pet is very busy

Not always the case, it might be true if you arrive when some of those big tourists buses arrives.

Been there about 10 days ago, the ground floor, was full of Cambodians, but the upper floor where we "foreigners" have to go, was completely empty, not a single person in all the 10 minutes i have been there,...

I've seen it empty just before the border closes (when the next transport out of Aranyaprathet is middle-of the night on YellowBus to Pattaya/Rayong, or the next morning to Bangkok), but also waited 2+ hours in line many times, during the day.

Edited by JackThompson