Skype Update

udon

I have just installed Skype and I am having problems with my microphone. During the test call my playback is very low in volume. When I call others they complain that my volume is low. Is there a way you can turn up the microphone volume? I have used two different brand new mics, one a desktop stand and the other a headphone style. Any ideas on how to overcome the problem I am getting? I am running Win XP home.

I have just installed Skype and I am having problems with my microphone. During the test call my playback is very low in volume. When I call others they complain that my volume is low. Is there a way you can turn up the microphone volume? I have used two different brand new mics, one a desktop stand and the other a headphone style. Any ideas on how to overcome the problem I am getting? I am running Win XP home.

I have the same problem, I have tried everything, but my spoken volume is useless. I even tried uninstall/install. It is a pity because I used to use Skype for all overseas calls.

The only idea I have is; that before my XP was genuine and now in this new computer (bought in LOS) it is not: so maybe Skype won't work on XP copy.

Otherwise, any suggestions appreciated.

I have the same problem, I have tried everything, but my spoken volume is useless. I even tried uninstall/install. It is a pity because I used to use Skype for all overseas calls.

The only idea I have is; that before my XP was genuine and now in this new computer (bought in LOS) it is not: so maybe Skype won't work on XP copy.

Otherwise, any suggestions appreciated.

I've got friends in the UK using skype on PC's with copied versions of XP without problems