Vomit after Brushing Teeth

puukao

I do have a cat who sleeps in my bed for at least a few hours a night, dander allergies?

I drink coffee, black

use mouth wash

drink water

light to medium breakfast, sometimes milk

then i brush my teeth, feel like i can't swallow, and throw up ...

then i'm fine.

maybe coffee with milk?

maybe something for cat allergies?

maybe no daily?

or maybe never brush my teeth? lol

could be tooth brush and toothpaste, but i really doubt it.

OK internet doctors!!!!!

GERD, all these things i google....

let you guys solve me issue....

Best way to solve problem is to eliminate each item one at a time each day. Day 1: no black coffee. If problem persists, it's not the coffee. Day 2: drink coffee, no mouthwash. If problem persists, it's not mouthwash. Day 3: continue on through your list removing one item and seeing if you still throw up. As you eliminate each item as not being the problem, you can add it back to your daily routine. Eventually, if one of those items are causing the problem, it will quickly become apparent.

Best way to solve problem is to eliminate each item one at a time each day. Day 1: no black coffee. If problem persists, it's not the coffee. Day 2: drink coffee, no mouthwash. If problem persists, it's not mouthwash. Day 3: continue on through your list removing one item and seeing if you still throw up. As you eliminate each item as not being the problem, you can add it back to your daily routine. Eventually, if one of those items are causing the problem, it will quickly become apparent.

i know, and i have tried that. well, i didn't kick the cat out....which really could be the issue. breathing in dander all night and being allergic....who knows.

it could be anxiety, which is also hard to eliminate...

maybe i can try again...

I normally dry-heave a few times when brushing my tongue in the morning. Night time doesn't bother me as much.

any thoughts on why you have similar symptoms?

i did a quick dry-heave last night, and i am better in the afternoon and night.

it's been going on for about a year, but it can go away for months.

yes, i have insurance and that is the next step to see a doctor.

i do take allergy medication, doesn't help with this

i'll try to mix things up again this week.....different brush, paste, etc..

Sensitive gag reflex - when brushing teeth, my t/brush would press down on my tongue or tickle a bit far back in the throat and I would gag as if I wanted to heave up. Has been better (though it's not completely gone) since I quit drinking and smoking - make of that what you will.

Maybe nothing to do with your issue but alcohol consumption can produce the symptoms you complain about.

I never imagined... I dry heave while brushing in the mornings and never thought really why. I guessed it was the electric toothbrush.

This is of interest to me as I noticed you drink black coffee. I need a two to three hour gap between drinking three large mugs of strong black coffee and brushing my teeth or I'm sick. Luckily I work from home so I don't need to brush my teeth before going to work.

Different toothpastes haven't solved my gagging up as some have suggested.

I just saw the smoking comment and yes, I need 30 minutes after having a smoke before I can brush without dry heaving.

Edited by schondie

i never smoke and VERY RARELY drink...

this morning i was fine at first. water, ate, black coffee.......THEN had some more water and BANG......didn't brush during this time.

OK, new plan

NO MORE BLACK COFFEE......i'll put milk it it and see what happens

bronchi issues? i bet.....A lot of miles on a bicycle with a lot of air coming into my lungs.......do that for decades and you will get something.

IF milk/coffee doesn't work.....will see doctor about lungs

thanks again all

i never smoke and VERY RARELY drink...

this morning i was fine at first. water, ate, black coffee.......THEN had some more water and BANG......didn't brush during this time.

OK, new plan

NO MORE BLACK COFFEE......i'll put milk it it and see what happens

bronchi issues? i bet.....A lot of miles on a bicycle with a lot of air coming into my lungs.......do that for decades and you will get something.

IF milk/coffee doesn't work.....will see doctor about lungs

thanks again all

Vomiting while tooth cleaning = A need to get the lungs checked ?

I do not follow the logic but I am sure you are correct.smile.png