Koh Samui to Hua Hin

Anyone ever done the Ferry and Bus trip ??---Its a 6hr Bus trip from the mainland- is it a V.I P bus with toilet on board ??--I have tried contacting FerrySamui.com--still waiting for an answer annoyed.gif

I have done it all the way to BKK and even Chiang Mai.

The VIP bus have three seats per row and toilet, seats are like business class flights.

Recommended that you understand basic Thai as the staff can not speak English.

You can get tickets from the bus terminal in Nathon or their offices in Chaweng and Lamai.

The two companies are The transport company (999) and Sombat.

If you are not comfortable in Thai language. you can go with Lompraya, they have a combined ticket ferry and bus via Chumpon.

Done that also, cramped with tourists and bad service, managed to be two hours late to Hua Hin. bah.gif

I've not experience the bad service with Lomprayah, but it can depend I suppose on season or whether close to the infamous FMP on Koh Phangan! (sometimes weather too)

I generally prefer the ferry ride to Chumphon then shorter bus ride north...

But 999 bus is good too!

Last time I went on Lomprayah the ferry was chick full of Chinese tourists heading to Koh Tao and Phang Na. It was like being stuck inside a chicken coop.

Having done both I would recommend the vip bus, little more sane.

• 4 weeks later...
How did you trip go? I've used FerrySamui a few times before and never had any problem. Have been very responsive. Their bus and ferry package takes roughly 6 hours. Pretty dependable ferries and bus. Not bad for a discounted $30 USD tix!