Streaming Audio

BattyBatty

I listen to UK radio alot, streaming through the internet. I only have a humble dial up connection with True (the scratch card) but suffer serious problems with it and it drives me bloody crazy. Sometimes it streams for hours on end with no interuptions - other times i get constant delays every 10 seconds where it 'buffers'.

The connection speed does not seem to make any difference... even when it is running at full speed, i can get many delays. I try disconnecting and then reconnecting constantly to hope to grab a better connection but this makes no difference.

Is there anything I can download in order to improve audio streaming? I stream through windows media player, one of the most recent versions. I have windows XP version 2003 if this makes any difference.

I live in BKK but cant have broadband in my condo.

Thanks in advance

I live in BKK but cant have broadband in my condo

Why? Do you have a direct line? Do you pay the bill? If you answer YES to these questions then it can be done. I had the same problem. The way i got round it was. Goto True on YOUR OWN. Do not take a Thai with you. They will speak to the Thai not you. Tell them what you want. Show them the bill that you pay. If they say is the line under your name. Tell them the truth. No! But you pay the bill. It worked for me and other friends of mine. good luck.