Corrections dept insists Erawan shrine bombing suspect Karadag was not beaten up

webfact

Its quite possible they were beaten while in prison----but I wouldn't put it (solely) down to the guards, Britain had many years of Erawan shrine bombings,(IRA) A girl I went to school with lost a leg while having a quite drink in the local London pub. Those who were caught-----weren't treated to well by their fellow inmates in Prison also.........................................coffee1.gif

You're 'spot-on' oxo1947. While I was an administrative detainee at San Pedro Service Processing Center, awaiting deportation from the United States in 2004; if you are familiar with the murders of British Army corporals David Howes and Derek Wood on March 19th, 1988 - well I became acquainted with the man who was first to get to their car and started kicking this vehicle.

Although my acquaintance did not actually murder the two British Army corporals, he shared with me how he was unmercifully beaten by Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) police officers in detention. In fact he was beaten so hard, he had to have ALL his teeth replaced. For what it's worth though oxo1947, my acquaintance was never assaulted by fellow inmates while detained in prison. It was just the RUC and prison guards who would constantly beat him.

If he was beaten by the RUC then he obviously was not detained on the mainland so would have been in a segregated part of the Maggiligan or Maghaberry or even the Kesh if it was still open at the time

Perhaps had he been in the scrubs or belmarsh the experience might have been slightly different

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic