90 Day Reporting after re-entering on a Re-Entry Permit

davehowden

Firstly sorry to being so dim!

Am I correct in believing that after leaving Thailand for a holiday and re-entering on a Re-Entry Permit that my 90 day reporting has to be in person at Immigration, that the previous 90 day reporting date paper they stapled into my passport is no longer applicable, and that the 90 days starts from the date of my re-entry.

Also, as I have returned to the same address as previously notified on the TM28/ TM30 do I need to submit those two forms again.

Many thanks.

Edited by davehowden

1. No, you do not need to report in person on your next 90 day report because you left the country and re-entered.

2. Yes, your previous 90 day report is OBE (overtaken by events) and is no longer applicable.

3. Yes, the 90 days starts from the date of your re-entry (and is inclusive of that date).

Yes and no, your 90 day report resets after entering Thailand , so 90 days after re-entering Thailand you need to make the report.

Making the report you can do by Internet , mail or in person.

Yes you do need to do the TM 28 again.

I never did before, just started doing it this year after 8 years living here.

So not big of a deal really.

Good luck.

There have been reports of the guy who handles the mail-in 90 day reports at Imm. airport refusing to do 90 day reports for people and telling them they needed to report in person because it was their first time back in the country after having left. But that was back around the first of the year when he appeared to be undergoing a period of deep personal or professional stress and there haven't been any reports of this nature lately.

If someone files a TM30 for you, then you don't need to file a TM28, it seems. Our condo mgt files TM30s for the residents using the same on-line system that a hotel uses. All we have to do when we return home from an overseas trip is take our passport to the office and tell them we're back. They give us a printout of the screenshot showing they've input the TM30 and we staple that into the passport.

Ever since they got set up to do this, we've been able to file 90 day reports on-line because it seems that the departure card info in the Imm. system agrees with our actual departure card number. So, we haven't had to file 90 day reports in person, even the first one after returning from an overseas trip.

The gentleman who was deliberately less than effective at handling the 90 day reports by post has been replaced by a highly efficient lady. So we now get the full 90 days from the actual reporting due date and not the date of receipt. We also get a blank TM47 included with the Receipt of Notification which is sent back very quickly. So postal reporting has become a pleasure, thanks to the new lady!

Yes and no, your 90 day report resets after entering Thailand , so 90 days after re-entering Thailand you need to make the report.

Good luck.

Not so sure about the need for a TM 28. I tried to submit on when I took in the TM 30 and was told it was not necessary and they did not accept it for filing.

1. No, you do not need to report in person on your next 90 day report because you left the country and re-entered.

2. Yes, your previous 90 day report is OBE (overtaken by events) and is no longer applicable.

3. Yes, the 90 days starts from the date of your re-entry (and is inclusive of that date).

Good luck.

Depend on the type of VISA you have with type of entree.

I am fined for not reporting within the 90 days. Based on my old Visa.different category than the new one

left the country by airplane came back on new visa by airplane and used THAT visa.

still they fined me.

the problems occur when you have Mutiple ENTREE VISA.

there is problem in the system and you are possible run into it. only pay the fine works

a few otherhave had theat problem too

you need to report your address. and use TM28 and TM 30

just to be smart and have proof. IK report every time not ask me why I did

I was lucky that I had it done it turned out last time I came forthe 90 day report.

the wanted to fine me for it. but was able to show the proof of report address.

not sure why they did the following

i had to fill out again the report of address. the took the old one out kept it and put in the new report of address.

why I am not sure.

but as you can see saved a lot of small problems

there are some thing one can not explain why they happened only see them happened.

also have heard others around the country having the same experiences.

then there is another event about reporting address too

i travels to several places and stayed every where not more then 14 hrs.

at the end I came back and reported with tm28 and my landlord with tm30.

a few places did reported me staying there but since not more then 24 hrs had not to report locally.

So be wiese and follow the rules as well keep track of you journey.