No more 'kiss and tell' stories to be published?

SantiSuk

Not related directly to football but the likes of (or modern day versions of) John Terry and Ryan Giggs will be pleased to hear about the UK Supreme Court of Appeal ruling today.

My Lords seem to have clarified, by upholding the injunction preventing some celebrity's recent private sexual shenanigans from being published in the UK, that kiss and tell stories breach an individual's privacy and, unless there is some public interest issue they have the right not to have their behaviour exposed in the press/public. Just because people (normally out of shear prurience) are interested in the story does not make it 'in the public interest'. If some public figure has been promoting a clean image publicly while quietly doing the contrary then it is in the public interest for their public misrepresentations to be exposed. Private behaviour that exposes a risk in respect of public office/national security etc remains in the public interest and can be exposed. The fact that foreign press and social media might have been publicising said behaviour is not a reason why individual's privacy can be further exposed in the press.

Stop press - someone pass on the good news to the Leicester City football team. Have a few good nights out lads!

I thought heard it wasn't the whole of the UK but just England and Wales.

Either way, the news is out there worldwide and apparently 1 in every 5 people questioned in the streets of England know who they are, so it puts a bit of a mockery on the ruling.

^That's correct so Scotland was able to publicise the latest celebrity ménage à trois scandal while not so in England and Wales.

Ps. Who were they?

Better to get your own threesome BB giggle.gif

I don't know and don't care who it is. Probably would say "whose that?" anyway if I found out - I'm so out of touch with Brit celebrity these days

^That's correct so Scotland was able to publicise the latest celebrity ménage à trois scandal while not so in England and Wales.

Ps. Who were they?

i'll just leave this here for no reason whatsoever. today's daily heil front page.

Ci4IDLsVEAAfnmX.jpg