Suzuki Vitara 1999 tyres renewal....which brand?

Hi had a blow out last night and am running with the original spare which sits on the back door.....and has managed to stay hard a long time and been used temporarily several times over the years for punctures.

Funny enough I was told just a month ago it's time for a new set by ProAuto, and there she blows!

Going past the story of the very helpful pair of Thai guys who helped me out at midnight and refused a tip.....

I went to the local village tyre place they are nice people have been helpful in the past with several things they are not so backward and have nitrogen fill.

Offered Deestones at 1800 each.

But I 've been using ProAuto lately for repairs and they have the full range of brands.....obviously mostly getting a bit dearer.......and ProAuto offer good backup.

Are Deestones OK for general driving for a 16yo Vitara, which I use a lot......or shall I pay more......and buy what?

(presently has BFGoodrich)

thanks

Deestones 1800bt

But am told that Firestone rubber has better composition and will last longer and it's on reduction from 2550 to 2100 each.....including all the extras and realignment if nec.

Comments on Firestone v Deestone?

Michelin

+ 1

I went to buy Michelins & wanted new style rims (5 rims & tires) - no pricing squabble but the guy said no can do & lost the sale.....Guessing I got the flunky but he was the only one there......

Check out the Yokohama Geolanders - built here so no additional taxes .....That's what I opted for after the other guy didn't want the/my business & I can't find a fault to report about the tires under any/all road conditions......

Next set will be from Pro Auto though when the time comes.....

Michelin

+ 1

I went to buy Michelins & wanted new style rims (5 rims & tires) - no pricing squabble but the guy said no can do & lost the sale.....Guessing I got the flunky but he was the only one there......

Check out the Yokohama Geolanders - built here so no additional taxes .....That's what I opted for after the other guy didn't want the/my business & I can't find a fault to report about the tires under any/all road conditions......

Next set will be from Pro Auto though when the time comes.....

Michelin would be my choice for wear, but for the price here in Thailand I might very well choose the Yokohama tires also. I replaced a set of Michelins with a set of the Yokohama S.drive tires on my Q45 Infiniti back in the states and was very satisfied with them. I believe they might be a slightly softer compound than the Michelins but I could feel better performance, handling and road grip with them.

I am a bit of a Michelin fan now. The Yokohama's are fine tyres and I would have them if there wasn't a Michi to fit. There was a guy on here a while back (not posting now) that did some testing of one of those little heard of brands which was good which I can't remember the name.....but if your on a budget Maxxis or Deestone would do.

It was Warpspeed I couldn't remember! Haven't seen him post for a while!

Edited by BSJ

Am the proud owner of a set of Firestone Destination.

Asked a friend the difference between Deestone and Firestone given they felt the same to a thumbnail

He sais "Pick them up!"

(referring to weight of rubber)

I didn't....already ordered......but out of interest I'd like to.

It must be the reason the boss said the Firestones will last considerably longer.