Pawn shops in BKK 2016 for high end watches

Neondreams19

Greetings all. Would very much appreciate any good advice here. I have an IWC Spitfire watch I'm interested in pawning. does anyone know of any good pawn shops in BKK that are fair and trustworthy with regards to high end watches? I saw some existing posts however they were from 2012 so I'm looking for some more current advice.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Do you actually want to pawn it ie get a loan or sell it?

If you want to sell it try any of the dealers in MBK, Central World or 9naliga (not much English spoke at the last one).

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

Thanks Razz. I was actually hoping only to pawn, it as I've been shortlisted for two jobs and am trying to hang in there for a month or two until I start earning. Once/If I start collecting a salary again, then I can buy the watch back. Selling it would be a last resort but not the end of the world either. If the pawn shops don't work out then I'll check out the places you mentioned above. Thank you again! :)

Neon

• Like 1

Good suggestion re: Singapore. Thank you! I'm hoping I can get a fair deal on the pawn, more than selling it outright as I'm aiming to purchase it back in a month or two. So in that sense the term lemgth for payback is probably more important than whatever price I get for it. I know it will be far below what I think it's worth. I'll get my gf to call up some pawn shops tomorrow. I'll update the post with how it goes.

A singapore pawn shop wont give you anything much if its not a rolex (preferably gold)....iwc only has value when you get into the higher bracket...the spitfire is built on a modified movement not an original inhouse one. If you sold it you would be offered ballpark 2-2.5k S$ .... And they would out it up for ale at about 4-4.5k...this is assuming its in 99% condition with no scratces oon the bezel and a documented servicing record.

Check out visiotime.com and passions.com.sg to get an idea of the second hand market.

• Like 1

In Fortune Tower, (Rama 9 MRT) there is a shop near the middle of the 4th floor that sells a lot of used watches, cameras and musical instruments. I don't know if it is actually a pawn shop but may be worth checking.

He didn't say sell it but pawn it.

Which usually means to borrow money against it until such a (better) time as he can get it back.

We can all go through a bad patch so I agree that Mr Thainess exhibited a rather unpleasant side.

Why don't you just take some money out on your credit card taking enough to for the next couple of months in repayment. then when you get your position you can square up against the card. If it doesn't work out sell the Spitfire for what it's worth

Various posts removed and responses.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Thanks Razz. I was actually hoping only to pawn, it as I've been shortlisted for two jobs and am trying to hang in there for a month or two until I start earning. Once/If I start collecting a salary again, then I can buy the watch back. Selling it would be a last resort but not the end of the world either. If the pawn shops don't work out then I'll check out the places you mentioned above. Thank you again! smile.png

Neon

If you are so broke that you are needing to pawn things and your short list is a teaching job in one of the phony international schools or pushing real estate, then go home and get a real job. Come back when you can afford to be here.

BKK is an unforgiving place. Most strange cities are. If you are already behind in funds forget the 'pawn option', sell the time piece and get employed or go home as you have cut things toooo fine.

Not uncommon but it is a slippery slope and very few turn it around. Just gets worse without a bankroll.

• Like 1

the most pawn shops will give you only 30-35% of the actual worth. Watches are not a burner in pawn shops, so the most shops reject it.

If you sale it in EU or US on Ebay or other markets you will become a much more better price.

• 2 years later...

I used to pawn at DIMO shop on Silom Road.If you have a luxury brand watch such as Patek Rolex Pam Omega Catier Can be pledge at the shop.Or you want to sell Shop at a fair price.For more information contact 02 630 9977 or Line : @dimobrand

Edited by risaaaa