Severe heat sets new record in India

rooster59

Severe heat sets new record in India

post-247607-0-93814300-1463799196_thumb.

India has recorded its hottest day since records began as a heatwave continues to stretch across the north of the country.

Temperatures in Phalodi, a city in Rajasthan reached 51C beating the previous record of 50.6C set in 1956.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-21

I thought 50 degrees was the absolute limit for human beings, the body cant get rid of the internal heat

The highest temperature ever recorded in Pakistan is 53.5°C which was recorded in Mohenjo-daro, Sindh on 26 May 2010. It was not only the hottest temperature ever recorded in Pakistan but also the hottest reliably measured temperature ever recorded on the continent of Asia.

I tried to put my hand in water of 55 C : I could not keep it more than a few seconds

Edited by fvw53

I thought 50 degrees was the absolute limit for human beings, the body cant get rid of the internal heat

The highest temperature ever recorded in Pakistan is 53.5°C which was recorded in Mohenjo-daro, Sindh on 26 May 2010. It was not only the hottest temperature ever recorded in Pakistan but also the hottest reliably measured temperature ever recorded on the continent of Asia.

I tried to put my hand in water of 55 C : it could not keep it more than a few seconds

park in the sun for awhile then try and sit on your motorcycle in football shorts ,it aint any kind of fun and thats still way under 50 degrees .......

But again, that was the highest measured temperature since 1956, and out of my head I can calculate that there were 1955 years which have no records.

Come on Al Gore, this is your chance to respond.

Funny. What's your point?

But again, that was the highest measured temperature since 1956, and out of my head I can calculate that there were 1955 years which have no records.

Come on Al Gore, this is your chance to respond.

Funny. What's your point?

If you don't get it I think it will be a waste of time trying to explain it to you.

I tried to put my hand in water of 55 C : I could not keep it more than a few seconds

No, highest temperatures in Asia had been recorded in Iran, elsewhere in Lybia and on top Death valley in the US. Hot springs can easily reach 55 C, the nicest one i have experienced was in Tatopani, Kali-Gandaki Valley, Nepal

No, highest temperatures in Asia had been recorded in Iran, elsewhere in Lybia and on top Death valley in the US. Hot springs can easily reach 55 C, the nicest one i have experienced was in Tatopani, Kali-Gandaki Valley, Nepal

Good few years ago in Syria we had a couple of days that hit 50. No one left the offices. You would get burned even through your shirt, no cloud and very low relative humidity. It was not a pleasant 2 or 3 days.

I was on the off shore side of Koh Larn 10 years ago on a very hot day without a breeze. The temperature gauge on my watch read 50.1 C. It was so hot that just sitting about breathing was enough to make you sweat. The top layer of skin on my legs quickly became sunburnt and so dry that it stopped the sweat from escaping. The trapped beads of sweat made my legs look like they were blistering. The entire dead layer of skin on my legs just peeled off. I never want to be that hot again.

Edited by Bantex

Dry heat is totally different then wet heat. Wet heat at 50+ is impossible to stand. Dry desert heat is possible.