I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my savings plan for this weekend is not to buy

most-expensive-islands-in-the-world-ealu

Does that mean that you won't buy the yacht either?

Great additional saving.

Certainly knowing that you also don't need to buy that helicopter you wanted (to land on the yacht).

You seem really wise (this weekend).

Edited by gerry1011

Guys, I think you´re approaching this from the wrong side of the argument. You need to be more radical than all that has been suggested so far.

Imagine you leave Thailand once and for all, within a day you would no longer spend a single Baht. Mission accomplished!

My beloved dog has been very sick and has been at the veterinary now for 12 days.

Just got a call saying he is ok now and I can come and collect. Bill is Bt.18,000.

I said what dog ?. and hung the phone up.

Saving money is awesome and feel very easy. AAA+++ will save again !!

instead to make a fun of my posts, tell me why my life has been much better than my life in Europe.?

explain to me why I have been able to save? and why I don't stress anymore?

Cause in Thailand (if you are actually in Thailand) you live under a bridge, like all trolls do.

Edited by Don Mega

Cause in Thailand (if you are actually in Thailand) you live under a bridge, like all trolls do.

And as they say: "Don´t feed the trolls".

You see, he is such a desperate attention seeker that he feels awful after just a few days without a post in this mockery of a thread. :-)

instead to make a fun of my posts, tell me why my life has been much better than my life in Europe.?

explain to me why I have been able to save? and why I don't stress anymore?

I don't know but I don't see how or why someone who is concerned about being hauled into court -- or some other outcome -- over one's debts is living a stress free life.

Edited by JLCrab

my God, guys you seem to be so jealous of my 5 * lifestyle.

probably you came to Thailand thinking to be like me and you lose it all from the landing in Bangkok. I have a few friends who lost all their money, saving, retirement. all taken by a lady or all spent in some dodgy business scams. these same guys now make fun of me. I think you are one of them.

Edited by returnofthailand

I maybe have done some dumb things in Thailand but I'm not worried about being beat to a pulp because I owe money to some devious character with a shady background.

Edited by JLCrab

probably you came to Thailand thinking to be like me and you lose it all from the landing in Bangkok. I have a few friends who lost all their money, saving, retirement. all taken by a lady or all spent in some dodgy business scams. these same guys now make fun of me. I think you are one of them.

555. Jealous of you.

You funny.

I find it challenging to spend 30k a month.

I don't spend 20 thousand baht on my credit card. I spend about $200,000 a year.

so you spend 200,000 USD a year but when you are in Thailand you find challenging to spend more than 30,000 THB a month. Are you a dr.Jakill/Mr.Hyde sort of cheap charlie ?

My feeling is a lot of you guys never take risks you plan everything down to the last penny have a great adventure flying to Thailand and then sit and worry about health insurance, moan because you don't like rice every day. Only buy the best of course, good for you. This guy decided that he would take a risk go to Thailand and live as cheaply as possible then the elitists here slag him off because he lives HIS life the way HE wants and not how you want some of you need to get a life

Posts removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

My feeling is a lot of you guys never take risks you plan everything down to the last penny have a great adventure flying to Thailand and then sit and worry about health insurance, moan because you don't like rice every day. Only buy the best of course, good for you. This guy decided that he would take a risk go to Thailand and live as cheaply as possible then the elitists here slag him off because he lives HIS life the way HE wants and not how you want some of you need to get a life

I agree. The guy is a winner. How do I know? He said so.

I guess I just don't like people telling other people how they should live. Whether he is a winner or not he is happy and is not hurting anyone else. I hate being told how to live my life, it is my life not anyone else's

If he is happy and not hurting anyone that's one thing ... if the guy wants to make multiple posts about how happy is his life and how life is not about how much you have but how much you save, that's something else.

However he is really just one among others on here who find themselves to be the most interesting topic on which they can post.

I agree. The guy is a winner. How do I know? He said so.

He wins so much it is amazing!

Jealous? You live like a peasant. Why would anyone be jealous of you?

@ ReturnofThailand,

One thing about posting in forums is you will likely rile up folks with posts like yours. Some of the masses do not want to hear you are happy and living on very little each month. Threads like this always draw out the long time TVF members and being they have seen hundreds of these types of posts from either newbies or trolls they lash out quickly and in some cases unfairly judge the OP. Its the nature of the beast on forums. You have to have a thick skin and be prepared. I am always surprised that these long time posters even waste their time posting in threads like yours however the word "Boredom" quickly comes to mind.

I posted in your thread 13 pages later to say I am glad you are happy and it is all working out for you. It is clearly your life and you are living it the way you want. Who am I too judge. I am living my life the way I want here in Thailand and don't care at all what others may think about it. I am not living it for them. There are members on here that spend 150,000 baht a month living in BKK and eat at top places every night, have maids and gardeners, some even have drivers. Then there are others that spend 20,000(or less) baht a month and live in Isaan. They live in an old house and eat local market food everyday. Both seem to be happy. The biggest challenge for most posting members is accepting that others can be happy NOT living like they do.

Nope I am not and neither are you why is everyone so upset this guy is happy living cheaply? Am I missing something or what?

You are maybe missing is that the guy posted that he is concerned about being blackmailed or hauled into court for a debt that the has been unwilling or unable to pay -- all the while he goes on about how happy he is and what a non-stressful life he has. Depending on to whom he owes this money, at some point some persons, when they realize that they are not going to be paid, decide to make a lesson out of that debt owing person so others know what are the consequences when such unsavory persons are stiffed. Such a a winner that he is.