Firefox 1.5.0.8 Released

crockett

Firefox v1.5.0.x users should note, updates (support) for these versions will end April 24, 2007.

Mozilla is now recommending all users update to v2. :o

Firefox 2 Windows Minimum System Requirements:

* 233 Mhz processor

* 64 MB of RAM

* 50 MB of free disk space

* Microsoft Windows 98

Mozilla Recommended System Requirements:

* 500 Mhz processor

* 256 MB of RAM

* 100 MB of free disk space

* Microsoft Windows XP

waldwolf

Not everybody is convinced that Firefox 2.0 is the platform to upgrade to, several Linux Distribution companies are pushing not to upgrade.

See: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Firefox2

Even within the Mozilla foundation (the maker of Firefox) are voices the Firefox 2.0 is not what it supposed to be. The just released 1.5.08 version of Firefox is evidences that the developers are also divided.

If Firefox 2 has any problems, I haven't seen them. I'm totally satisfied so far. At least they didn't upgrade me back to Firefox 1.5.

I was using IE 7 and some glitch upgraded me back to IE 6. I WASN'T impressed. I'll stick with Firefox 2. :o

If Firefox 2 has any problems, I haven't seen them. I'm totally satisfied so far. At least they didn't upgrade me back to Firefox 1.5.

I was using IE 7 and some glitch upgraded me back to IE 6. I WASN'T impressed. I'll stick with Firefox 2. :o

WOW !! A new Firefox update just downloaded and I find that I have been upgraded to 1.5.0.8. It appears that we will be using whatever they want us to use. Maybe Firefox 2 and IE 7 are not ready for prime time. At least the "upgrade" back to 1.5.0.8 was quick.

WOW !! A new Firefox update just downloaded and I find that I have been upgraded to 1.5.0.8. It appears that we will be using whatever they want us to use. Maybe Firefox 2 and IE 7 are not ready for prime time. At least the "upgrade" back to 1.5.0.8 was quick.

Just go to "Tools" "Options" "Advanced" "Update" and select "Ask me what I want to do", this way you have control rather then fully automatic update.

Hi All,

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to the major differences between the latest versions of Mozilla and Firefox.

I know I could Google and spend all day reading individual views and I know that I have the same amount of hours in the day as great men who never had access to the Internet and I know that I have to get some personal work done which seems far more important to me at this moment in time.

So just a very brief summary would be very grateful.

Cheers,

John_Betong