Japanese man dies after being hit by train while taking selfie on Death Railway

rooster59

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day off for Thai bashing, looks like it's the Japanese's turn, albeit in tragic circumstances.

Thank god it was a Jap. Delayed justice in my opinion !

Never too late to show your racism, eh?

"Jap" is an ethnic slur, whether you think it's justified or not.

Any moderators willing to do the right thing?

Thanks.

Oh what a goody-two-shoes you are.

"Jap" are the first letters of Japan

"Brit" are the first letters of Britain.

Are you going into bat for the British posters?

No……thought not.

No, because I don't usually find the term offensive and didn't even notice it in this thread. I do find "Jap" offensive, as it is a racist slur.

Please stop defending racism.

A thread that has gone absolutely nowhere after the initial factual report.......

Did anyone really think it could?

You are correct for sure

A very polarized thread

Never the twain shall meet

People venting not ranting and so far no need for the moderators

Long may that continue

Has anyone on this thread ever talked to a Thai about what went on in the day? I live by the railway and have asked the Father in law. Not happy talking about it. His main memory is "us" bombing the shit out of the locals.

If the train operator had time to sound the whistle, several times, why didn't he swerve around the guy taking photos of himself?

Afterall, as everyone should know, you are obligated to give way to those who are ignoring everything going on around themselves and playing with their telephones.

Pray tell how a train on a railway track could swerve around the man? I suggest that you think a little more deeply before posting your next reply. Maybe the train driver could have applied his emergency brake if he had one installed.

Come in Spinner!!!

It's a sad day when an Australian, who had all the benefits of an education, gets taken hook, line and sinker.

I put your own words back to you, "I suggest that you think a little more deeply before posting your next reply."

Please stop roaming, Aussie, pick up a dictionary and look up the word 'sarcasm'. Now, for your benefit, I wrote the word slowly so you wouldn't miss it.

If the train operator had time to sound the whistle, several times, why didn't he swerve around the guy taking photos of himself?

Afterall, as everyone should know, you are obligated to give way to those who are ignoring everything going on around themselves and playing with their telephones.

Pray tell how a train on a railway track could swerve around the man? I suggest that you think a little more deeply before posting your next reply. Maybe the train driver could have applied his emergency brake if he had one installed.

Please don't point out the stupidity of posters. Swerving trains? Classic.

Please refer to my response to aussieroaming, post #98.

I put you in a similar category.

Some talk of racism here, now come on no need to play that card

To any UK passport holders on here I come from Suffolk not so much rural more coastal

That makes me a carrot cruncher or hay seed if you must

I actually prefer the term limey which ties in with my families ancient mariner links around the horn and all that

Come in Spinner!!!

It's a sad day when an Australian, who had all the benefits of an education, gets taken hook, line and sinker.

I put your own words back to you, "I suggest that you think a little more deeply before posting your next reply."

Please stop roaming, Aussie, pick up a dictionary and look up the word 'sarcasm'. Now, for your benefit, I wrote the word slowly so you wouldn't miss it.

When a poster has to highlight their own sarcasm it is often that they failed. Fallen into the trap myself. If your sarcasm goes unheeded man up and let it go. (possibly woman up but I doubt it).

Some talk of racism here, now come on no need to play that card

To any UK passport holders on here I come from Suffolk not so much rural more coastal

That makes me a carrot cruncher or hay seed if you must

I actually prefer the term limey which ties in with my families ancient mariner links around the horn and all that

In my haste I forgot to say the rest of you have my permission to address me as that old limey

Come in Spinner!!!

When a poster has to highlight their own sarcasm it is often that they failed. Fallen into the trap myself. If your sarcasm goes unheeded man up and let it go. (possibly woman up but I doubt it).

Are you implying that I do not understand the OP and have no concept of the words I have written?

The same can be said for your multitude of replies. Let it go!

Come in Spinner!!!

Unfortunately far too many posts get taken literally as in word for word without a little bit of life experience being applied

I wont even mention common sense or a sense of humour as I seem to have an uncanny knack of upsetting people

Leaving me with a long list of deleted posts and its only early days as yet

I feel for you stray

Come in Spinner!!!

Are you implying that I do not understand the OP and have no concept of the words I have written?

Yes.

Aren't you the all knowing one! No way I can respond to such a wise response . . . I bow down to your far greater intellect.

Has anyone on this thread ever talked to a Thai about what went on in the day? I live by the railway and have asked the Father in law. Not happy talking about it. His main memory is "us" bombing the shit out of the locals.

My MiL, a wonderful old bear now well into her 90's, loves telling anyone and everyone who will listen how many 'Japs' she sent to the next life by derailing trains (I understand she was actually in the organised Thai resistance).

I don't have the heart to tell her I'm working for the Japanese, in Thailand, building a railway! (something that goes over the heads of many of my UK mates too)

Day off for Thai bashing, looks like it's the Japanese's turn, albeit in tragic circumstances.

Thanks.

Is "Brits" and "Yanks" and Aussies" and "Kiwis" ethnic slurs, too?"

Thanks.

Is "Brits" and "Yanks" and Aussies" and "Kiwis" ethnic slurs, too?"

It all depends on the context.

For instance, if you referred to me as a 'Brit' or a 'Yank', I would be offended. If you referred to me as a 'Kiwi', I would be deeply offended.

Come in Spinner!!!

Yes.

Aren't you the all knowing one! No way I can respond to such a wise response . . . I bow down to your far greater intellect.

My reply seems to have upset you. Care to say why?

My MiL, a wonderful old bear now well into her 90's, loves telling anyone and everyone who will listen how many 'Japs' she sent to the next life by derailing trains (I understand she was actually in the organised Thai resistance).

I don't have the heart to tell her I'm working for the Japanese, in Thailand, building a railway! (something that goes over the heads of many of my UK mates too)

One person's freedom fighter/resistance is another person's terrorist.

The irony of your situation seems similar to my old job; working for an American demolitions company in Vietnam. Okay, we did do construction but we had to demolish the original structure, first.

Thats a direct result of being on the wrong side as in losing side

Yes I do understand that they had no real option as a nation and there was an ongoing resistance to who were to all intents and purposes genuine invaders

Changing sides as the end looms was also a good idea

Crossy

Some of us still need to work quick understandable

RIP to Mr Saito

I hear you. Isn't it pathetic how some hold grudges regarding a war which ended 71 years ago , yet many of those same people support or are in denial of the atrocities carried out in the name of freedom today.
Add to this the fact they are quite gleeful in their "How Ironic" and "Poetic justice" comments says a lot about their own set of morals does it not?

This is even more true as the man was 52 i.e. NOT EVEN BORN DURING WWII

If these people feel so strongly about this, they should sell their computers and smartphones with which they post...after all they have Japanese components..it would save us from listening to their racist diatribe.

For the record, I too have a relative buried somewhere along the railway and my father served in New Guinea during WWII, but I hold no grudges. Why should I?

Can't understand why Japanese ever even go near this.

Probably because in Japanese schools they were taught nothing about the atrocities the Japanese were responsible for during WW2 for decades after the war ended. It's the same with Pearl Harbour.

Yes RIP Japanese guy he went to holiday to Thailand and he was trying to take a selfie (stupid thing to do)

But maybe he did not know the history of the bridge he was just a tourist I am older then he was

and I did not know the details just stick to the post (some one died taking a selfie )

A family member, buried nearby, would probably call this poetic justice.

The victim was born 19 years after WW2 ended how on earth is this justice?
I guess we can call 9/11 poetic justice. What a pity a few more Americans didn't die as it must be their fault for all people who have lost lives around the world from their bombs.

Shameful people on this forum.

Very ripe!

Indeed, shameful people here.

Like you, for example.

Can't understand why Japanese ever even go near this.

Probably because in Japanese schools they were taught nothing about the atrocities the Japanese were responsible for during WW2 for decades after the war ended. It's the same with Pearl Harbour.

Is that a fact? Bunch of ignorant slant eyed ******.. Pearl Harbour? Tell me more.

The Japanese invaded Malaya at Kota Bharu some hours before the cowardly attack on Pearl Harbour

If there is anything else you want to know dont phone me I will phone you

How ironic

Trivia Warning: sorry guys. Even more ironic that the Japanese Colonel who commanded the POW camp in the film The Bridge on the River Kwai, was also called Saito.

Reference please? couldn't find anything by this name in the cast.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085933/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Maybe if you looked up the right movie? Your link seems to be for "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence."

Ghosts claim a life for past atrocities..............Karma, gotta love it. But lest I forget - - RIP to the Japanese man, "and thats all I have to say about that". (Forest Gump)

Come in Spinner!!!

The post was viewed by several thousand people. It was commented on by two.

I'd say it was generally heeded.

Archived