Japanese man dies after being hit by train while taking selfie on Death Railway

rooster59

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this is undoubtedly ironic, but still a tragic accident and that man had about as much to do with the Japanese role in WW2 as I did.

Tragic fact is that despite "Butchering" millions of innocents with bayonets, swords etc., they still think that they were doing Asia a favour and steadfastly refuse to allow their schools to teach the real facts maintaining that they were freeing Asia from western colonialism. The Imperial Japanese Army were nothing more than slave driving head lopping bastards.

And the British weren't exactly 'Mother Theresa like' when they were on a quest to expand their empire. The Union Jack is called the 'butcher's apron' for a reason you know.

I am British and agree. I do not feel any shame as it had nothing to do with me. We trogged around the world abusing everyone we could. To this day I have no idea how such a small country managed it. Did we improve things? Possibly. The question remains, "what did the Romans do for us"?

Exactly, I'm not being anti-British with my comment. Quite the opposite. From the islands that gave us Monty Python, the Beatles, the Clash, fish and chips and the English language it's a pity that there is that dark side, and all nations and super powers have their dark sides, some more than most.

Exactly, I'm not being anti-British with my comment. Quite the opposite. From the islands that gave us Monty Python, the Beatles, the Clash, fish and chips and the English language it's a pity that there is that dark side, and all nations and super powers have their dark sides, some more than most.

Did not think you were being anti British. Unfortunately we are an example to be used and rightly so. Month Python quote was just a bit of an indication for history. Most countries have done what would be called despicable acts today in their past. The Bible and Koran (Quran?) are full of it in the name of God.

Why would a Japanese person want a selfie of all things standing on the site of such a great national shame? 'Would be like a German wanting a picture of himself standing next to one of the ovens.

Well, why wouldn't he? He didn't have anything to do with it. Do you suppose white Americans feel shame when they visit the site of the Wounded Knee Massacre? I didn't. I may have been appalled but not ashamed. Many Americans unashamedly visit VietNam and why wouldn't they? Take selfies too.

Why would a Japanese person want a selfie of all things standing on the site of such a great national shame? 'Would be like a German wanting a picture of himself standing next to one of the ovens.

How self rightious can a person be? WW2, everyone was somewhat guilty of various atrocities. Fire bombing Dresden? What a joy because we won? He wished to have a picture of himself at an historic site, was his intention supporting the occupation or possibly remorse for the stupidity of it all? No problem, filthy Jap scum in your minds. Well done and keep the hatred up.

If you want to talk about the past, let's also talk about British colonization, and irony of how they lost the empire and what they have left today.

Your history only goes back so far? Romans, Mongolian, Ottoman? Just the Brits?

....would like to hear what some of the 'witnesses' have to say...

...impossible not to hear a train whistle....

Not if you're 'mutton Jeff'.

If 'hundreds of tourists who were nearby at the time' Im surprised no one grabbed him.

A family member, buried nearby, would probably call this poetic justice.

The victim was born 19 years after WW2 ended how on earth is this justice?

Reincarnation?

How far will you go to get a laugh about someone's death?

A few family members, one of them buried nearby, others having been "working" for his emperor, would probably call this poetic justice.

Clearly you have issues. Mental of nature I would suggest.

How ironic

My thoughs exactly! Had a gf once lived close to that bridge. Sometimes very old japanese ex soldiers came to salute their dead buddies there. In full army attire all in their 80's and perhaps 90's they were brought there with unmarked mini vans really early in the morning like 5 to 6 am, afraid Western tourists might notice and take offense. This was approx 10 years ago though...

How ironic

My thoughs exactly! Had a gf once lived close to that bridge. Sometimes very old japanese ex soldiers came to salute their dead buddies there. In full army attire all in their 80's and perhaps 90's they were brought there with unmarked mini vans really early in the morning like 5 to 6 am, afraid Western tourists might notice and take offense. This was approx 10 years ago though...

Nice point. Personally have respect for them. Caught up as youngsters in a sad era of history. But,hey,this is TV, and the main drive here is to point out how superior Ferangs are.

Ignorant or racist people..

Either to stupid to figure out the guy wasn't born yet..

Or, they blame all Japanese people, for the things other Japanese did in the past..

How ironic

Nice point. Personally have respect for them. Caught up as youngsters in a sad era of history. But,hey,this is TV, and the main drive here is to point out how superior Ferangs are.

And what is your point exactly? Defending the nazis first like your stupid 'we burned Dresden' comment? "Atrocities on both sides?" You a neo nazi or something?

And now the Japs were ok during WW II too? I noticed you replied to almost all posts on this thread. Taking TV members a bit too serious, perhaps? It is just a forum, mate, you should go out more...like to join me for a beer sometime? I will set you straight in no time, moron !!

How ironic

And what is your point exactly? Defending the nazis first like your stupid 'we burned Dresden' comment? "Atrocities on both sides?" You a neo nazi or something?

And now the Japs were ok during WW II too? I noticed you replied to almost all posts on this thread. Taking TV members a bit too serious, perhaps? It is just a forum, mate, you should go out more...like to join me for a beer sometime? I will set you straight in no time, moron !!

Yes, that is my point. We won so we are innocent. All sides committed atrocities. Are you paying for the drinks?

Reincarnation?

I am not joking. Im 'deadly' serious............Sorry....i could not resist that..............But really, who knows? Reincarnation or rebirth could be what happens to us....jijg jing. I consider it a real possibility.

Reincarnation?

Im 'deadly' serious............Sorry....i could not resist that..............But really, who knows? Reincarnation or rebirth could be what happens to us....jijg jing..

You can do better can't you? Have another go.

Or, they blame all Japanese people, for the things other Japanese did in the past..

Don't blame him, personally.

Blame his forebears who brought so much pain and death to the world.

But visiting this place I can only blame to the denial about this period living in Japan.

I guess he was not there to honour the victims of his country, but to revisit the spot where his forebears did what they did.

Do I have mental problems about things like this.

Oh yes, definitely.

Even 70 years later a denial of what happened is still running high in Japan and Germany, even that far as to draw the role of victims onto themselves.

I read above Dresden.

What about the bombing of Rotterdam, London, to name but two.

Of course there will now rise somebody who will now mention the A-bombs on Japan.

The ultimate self victimisation for Japan.

Well, do remember the bombings on China?

The stories I heard from my family, the survivors then, about the cruelty of the "Jappen", and the stories I heard from the few that came back from the death camps run by the "Moffen", and the cult of denial and self victimisation I see growing makes me seeing poetic justice in a Japanese man dying on a line that is the ultimate example of cruelty by his landsmen.

Personally I think that Japan and Germany were treated much too lenient after the war.

Oh yes, I forgot.

A daughter of the man buried over there, very old now, an inhabitant of one of those infamous Japanese camps, with a host of fysical and mental memories, when I told her this story, asked me if it was only one?

Reincarnation?

Im 'deadly' serious............Sorry....i could not resist that..............But really, who knows? Reincarnation or rebirth could be what happens to us....jijg jing..

You can do better can't you? Have another go.

In case u missed my edit Alan....I am not joking. I consider it a real possibility, and even if it is not true I still find solace and some satisfaction in thinking that it could be the way so much injustice in this World could be put right.

Don't blame him, personally.

Blame his forebears who brought so much pain and death to the world.

But visiting this place I can only blame to the denial about this period living in Japan.

I guess he was not there to honour the victims of his country, but to revisit the spot where his forebears did what they did.

Do I have mental problems about things like this.

Oh yes, definitely.

Even 70 years later a denial of what happened is still running high in Japan and Germany, even that far as to draw the role of victims onto themselves.

I read above Dresden.

What about the bombing of Rotterdam, London, to name but two.

Of course there will now rise somebody who will now mention the A-bombs on Japan.

The ultimate self victimisation for Japan.

Well, do remember the bombings on China?

The stories I heard from my family, the survivors then, about the cruelty of the "Jappen", and the stories I heard from the few that came back from the death camps run by the "Moffen", and the cult of denial and self victimisation I see growing makes me seeing poetic justice in a Japanese man dying on a line that is the ultimate example of cruelty by his landsmen.

Personally I think that Japan and Germany were treated much too lenient after the war.

Do you get the point about all out war? I think you do. I mentioned Dresden, horrific act, the "opposition" just as guilty. We can all quote this that and the other to justify atrocities. It does not make the atrocities justified.

Yes, this is undoubtedly ironic, but still a tragic accident and that man had about as much to do with the Japanese role in WW2 as I did.

Tragic fact is that despite "Butchering" millions of innocents with bayonets, swords etc., they still think that they were doing Asia a favour and steadfastly refuse to allow their schools to teach the real facts maintaining that they were freeing Asia from western colonialism. The Imperial Japanese Army were nothing more than slave driving head lopping bastards.

And the British weren't exactly 'Mother Theresa like' when they were on a quest to expand their empire. The Union Jack is called the 'butcher's apron' for a reason you know.

Apparently, not even Mother Teresa was "Mother Teresa like".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287427/Was-Mother-Teresa-saintly-Researchers-spark-controversy-claiming-care-sick-dubious-handling-cash-suspicious.html

It is sad, that the report of an unfortunate death of a tourist in Thailand, turns this thread into a vitriolic, history argument among members, some of whom are bitter and twisted.

Maybe you could start a new thread, with the help of the moderators, in which you can all vent your anger and hatred ?

Apparently, not even Mother Teresa was "Mother Teresa like".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287427/Was-Mother-Teresa-saintly-Researchers-spark-controversy-claiming-care-sick-dubious-handling-cash-suspicious.html

Yes. How sad life is. Atrocities still carried out in the name of religion (God)? Go unpunished and are worshiped by deciples. Joyous world if you are on the "right" side.

Archived