Rare Wild Animals Found in Pattaya Shop House

webfact

Rare Wild Animals Found in Pattaya Shop House

p.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police raided a local business shop house and found rare wild animals inside.

At 1 pm on 23rd May the Division of Local Administration Royal Forest Department with District Chief Officer Mr. Chakorn Kanjanawatta and other related officers raided The Wandee Group (Thailand) Co., Ltd. on Thappraya Road, Banglamung, Chonburi after received complaints that this company had some rare and endanger animals within the premises.

Some of the animals found on sight were Tigers, Crocodiles, Iguanas, and many other rare endangered animals.

Concerns from the community were that if these animals got loose, they would cause harm to the people in the surrounding neighbourhood. This area is a busy community comprised of many hotels with families and tourists alike walking around the many shops and restaurants.

Upon further investigation inside the building, there were 3 units of a 4 story commercial space. The ground floor is operated as a Property Business Office. On this floor were tanks which contained a 4 meter long Anaconda and some small crocodiles.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224503/rare-wild-animals-found-pattaya-shop-house/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-24

" Concerns from the community were that if these animals got loose, they would cause harm to the people in the surrounding neighborhood. This area is a busy community comprised of many hotels with families and tourists alike walking around the many shops and restaurants."

So the complaints came because they were worried about what would happened to their livelihood rather than

the facts that those animals are prohibited to have for sale and that they were illegally poached from

their environments and habitats..... and I thought for a moment that Thais are actually concern about

the state and welfare of the wild life in Thailand... silly me.....

So the complaints came because they were worried about what would happened to their livelihood rather than

the facts that those animals are prohibited to have for sale and that they were illegally poached from

their environments and habitats..... and I thought for a moment that Thais are actually concern about

the state and welfare of the wild life in Thailand... silly me.....

Yes. What you say is correct...Thais do not give a stuff about their environment or animals, whatsoever...

Nowhere in this report does it state that some or all of the animals are on a recognised list of endangered species such as CITES. Speculation and assumption.....

" Tigers, Crocodiles, Iguanas, and many other rare endangered animals." -

Anyone who thinks Tigers aren't endangered needs their head examined,

​Iguanas are amongst the most endangered species on the planet

http://www.iucn-isg.org

saome species of Crocs are endangerd too e.g. siam Crocodile

i don't really see the point of your post, what are you trying to suggest?

This is the same building that had the 2 leopards filmed wandering about the place and was posted on social media a few months back.

the police went there then...so how did they not notice the crocs, Tigers etc the last time..... or should I say how much did they get not to see them...?

Nothing happened last time with the leopards except the owner of the place put a plastic lining on the glass of the office so you could not see in.

I guess the same will happen this happen....nothing.

Orientals have callous disregard for flora and fauna unless they can make money from it or eat it.

At present Thailand is under notice if warning from CITES........ they have been persuading CITES on pain of sanctions that they are doing something about trafficking of endangered species. If events like this repeatedly filter back to CITES it will not do the government any good, so it would make sense for someone high er up than the police to have a word in their shell-likes and see if they can actually take some action against these people