A handshake, a kiss and a hug at historic meeting of Catholic and Muslim leaders

webfact

A handshake, a kiss and a hug at historic meeting of Catholic and Muslim leaders

606x341_333511.jpg

VATICAN: -- A handshake, a hug and a kiss were exchanged at a historic meeting of Catholic and Muslim leaders at the Vatican.

Pope Francis welcomed the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, the prestigious Sunni Muslim learning centre, in a clear sign that half a decade of suspended ties between the two religions were over.

They spoke privately for 25 minutes.

The pontiff said the fact that he and Sheik Ahmed el-Tayyib were speaking at all was important. His Cairo-based guest froze communication with the Catholic Church five years earlier when the then-Pope Benedict XVI demanded greater protection for Christians in Egypt. This, after 21 people perished in a bomb attack on a Coptic Christian church in Alexandria.

But fast-forward to 2016 and things appeared much more amicable.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-24

Perhaps they had a good laugh together about the tax free business system they share that ensnares so many of the lost or gullible. Mind you, have to hand it to religions, what better product to sell than a stairway to heaven? Even many cynics will take it out as insurance, just in case...

Two fools meet.

Nope.

The two of them together hold the power of religion over half the world's population. They are the among the richest and most powerful people on Earth. And could be considered the biggest threat to peace on the planet.

The fools are the followers.

The bigger fools are the nations that continue to allow them the transnational power.

Two fools meet.

Nope.

The two of them together hold the power of religion over half the world's population. They are the among the richest and most powerful people on Earth. And could be considered the biggest threat to peace on the planet.

The fools are the followers.

The bigger fools are the nations that continue to allow them the transnational power.

Probably never a truer set of sentences typed on the pages of TVF

Well said sir.

The gullible "fools" who follow these religions are, for the most part, the poor. Religion sells hope and what else do the poor have to live for? Is anyone else speaking up for the poor? Governments certainly are not as they are too busy enriching themselves. Certainly there are plenty of bad apples hiding under the disguise of religion. I am less inclined to paint everyone who pursues a religious life with the same brush as I would those in politics.

2 Pied pipers that believe in the past, and a set of rules that were written about someone who did some good a long long time ago, but wasn't even written by that person or those so called persons!!. Just 3 hand accounts (bit like trusting the tabloids to write the bible) and thus since powers spiraled way out of control and into a huge power hungry, guilt riddled, corporation where fear, terrorism, wars and sectarian divisions in the world we know today - Us and them!

Imagine a World without religion, and without these 2 fools in it...
Imagine if there was no us and them, or our false prophets are better than yours?

yeah... the biggest war has yet to come...

The gullible "fools" who follow these religions are, for the most part, the poor. Religion sells hope and what else do the poor have to live for? Is anyone else speaking up for the poor? Governments certainly are not as they are too busy enriching themselves. Certainly there are plenty of bad apples hiding under the disguise of religion. I am less inclined to paint everyone who pursues a religious life with the same brush as I would those in politics.

Governments certainly are not as they are too busy enriching themselves

cheesy.gif

I take it you have never been to the Vatican then ?

post-258480-0-22351200-1464077418_thumb.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/24/news/pope-francis-visit-vatican-catholic-church/

2 Pied pipers that believe in the past, and a set of rules that were written about someone who did some good a long long time ago, but wasn't even written by that person or those so called persons!!. Just 3 hand accounts (bit like trusting the tabloids to write the bible) and thus since powers spiraled way out of control and into a huge power hungry, guilt riddled, corporation where fear, terrorism, wars and sectarian divisions in the world we know today - Us and them!

Imagine a World without religion, and without these 2 fools in it...

Imagine if there was no us and them, or our false prophets are better than yours?

yeah... the biggest war has yet to come...

And that certainly won't be a religious one.

cheesy.gif

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/24/news/pope-francis-visit-vatican-catholic-church/

Yes I have. The gentleman in your picture is in fact not the Pope. What I saw was a man sitting on a simple chair and being driven around in a Fiat 500. Quite apart from that. Religion has appeal to the uneducated and the poor for the simple reason, albeit often misguided, that it offers hope. What I see governments offering the uneducated and poor are guns and death. I wonder which is better.

post-230638-0-69849000-1464242200_thumb.

post-230638-0-35332100-1464242212_thumb.

cheesy.gif

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Yes I have. The gentleman in your picture is in fact not the Pope. What I saw was a man sitting on a simple chair and being driven around in a Fiat 500. Quite apart from that. Religion has appeal to the uneducated and the poor for the simple reason, albeit often misguided, that it offers hope. What I see governments offering the uneducated and poor are guns and death. I wonder which is better.

post-230638-0-41912000-1464242275_thumb.