Vietnamese Couple Makes Fake OJ. Couple’s Photos Posted Online. Couple Arrested.

webfact

Couple Makes Fake OJ. Couple’s Photos Posted Online. Couple Arrested.
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14640649971464065015l.jpg
Just add water: A couple mixes up bogus orange juice in their backyard in photos which precipitated their arrest.

BANGKOK — One day after photos of a Vietnamese couple “making” in their backyard what they later sold as “orange juice” spread online, police arrested them yesterday.

Tap water, instant orange juice, saccharin and food coloring were found from the Saraburi province home of the two Vietnamese nationals who appeared in the photos. The pair allegedly fooled customers that the bottles sold from their cart were fresh orange juice.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464064997

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-24

Looks like it only toook a few police, some military and a few plain clothes officers to break up this dastardly business. And yes, some fair chance that the other Vietnamese doing exactly the same thing is not a coincidence!

Did the perps actually post the pictures themselves?

Looks like it only toook a few police, some military and a few plain clothes officers to break up this dastardly business. And yes, some fair chance that the other Vietnamese doing exactly the same thing is not a coincidence!

Did the perps actually post the pictures themselves?

Maybe the pics are of the re-enactment of the criminals engaged in the 'dastardly business'. if so they certainly don't seemed to be overly peturbed about the whole thing.

Most food and drink sold by street vendors is of dubious origin. Pure orange, not in Thailand, and those cheap fish balls on a stick are made from grinding up the whole fish, tail, head, bones etc.

Seriously? If you can't tell the difference between natural orange juice (the pulp's just one clue), you deserve to get scammed. Orange pop watered and added sugar/saccharin, yum licklips.gif

Don't give them any ideas. I perish the thought of what they might add to simulate 'pulp'.

Seriously? If you can't tell the difference between natural orange juice (the pulp's just one clue), you deserve to get scammed. Orange pop watered and added sugar/saccharin, yum licklips.gif

It was pulpless: a pulp fiction.

Having tasted some of those "fruity broths" sold on the streets of Thailand, I sincerely doubt that this crime is perpetrated only by a few Vietnamese. But I expect that their Thai colleagues are better insured against any disruptions of business by the authorities.

whistling.gif

Who dobbed them in... we often see stories like this, but never a explanation as to how the police tracked them down, same as those the police track down on facebook, with the millions on FB just what are the chances someone will see one of these "criminal" pages. It's almost as though the stories are made up. I can inderstand high profile people being watched, but 2 people, in their backyard, making orange juice?

Edited by MediaWatcher

Local fresh cocos juice seller adds tons of refined sugar (which he hides from his customers) and claims it's 100% natural. """""Waan Maak Maak !"""""

When i told him I only want the fruit cut open and not the sugar-juice he keeps in his bowl (and no ice either) he told me he didn't understand why farang always "complicate" things. 555... When i told him ''''ADDING sugar to natural pretty sweet cocosmilk is the peak of complication'''' his brain slam tilted.................. cheesy.gif

They almost look like locals!

Well, you know , there a good reason for that and it's because they are "locals". They live locally and work here in Thailand.

Gee, they even have those Asian eyes and skin tone. Who would have thought that Vietnamese could be mistaken for locals.

Now, however, they may have to return to their homeland after possibly violating their permission to stay in Thailand. Who knows?

Chúc may mắn

Yea, only the big companies can sell drinks that are bad for your health and falsely advertised.

There's one apparently that can make you handsome. I don't need it though.

Passed that point huh ? Too late

Don't give them any ideas. I perish the thought of what they might add to simulate 'pulp'.

Edible wax or leftover "pulp" from other fruit. It comes in a bag and is used by low end producers. You can find it on Chinese online suppliers.

Which is actually a good thing. That way you ingest all the goodness the fish has to offer!

Most food and drink sold by street vendors is of dubious origin. Pure orange, not in Thailand, and those cheap fish balls on a stick are made from grinding up the whole fish, tail, head, bones etc.

They should be checking the people who sell honey in whiskey bottles. Many more of them around than what they caught in this scam. Of course the honey merchants are mostly Thai, so they are overlooked. I expect to be served what is given me no matter what I ordered and if I order the same dish from the same vendor, and same cook I am not real surprised when it has a different taste about 2 out maybe 5 orders. Many of the vendors here, foreign and Thai just can not seem to accept honesty is the best policy