New Immigration Office for Suphanburi

This may be old "news" but today I was told that a new immigration office will open next month in Suphanburi, not far from Tesco Lotus.

The source is a Senior Sergeant-Major in the Ayuthaya immigration office, where I was making my 90 day report. He advised me that next time I will be able to make my report in Suphan, followed by the above details.

• Like 1

That's great news for us residents of Suphanburi, if it is true. I would appreciate it if you would post any additional news you hear about this new Immigration Office. Thanks.

Yes, it takes us nearly two hours to get to Ayutthaya as opposed to under an hour to Suphan. I'll update if and when I hear more. It was presented to me as a done deal.

• 2 months later...

I was at the Ayutthaya Immigration Office last week to extend my permission of stay.  When I arrived, I was asked if I am a resident of Ayutthaya or Suphanburi.  I replied Suphanburi and was led to another building behind the main office where there was a temporary sign "Suphanburi Immigration Office" and one immigration officer processing all of the business.  While I was waiting for my new extension of stay stamp in my passport, I asked the immigration officer if there was going to be an Immigration Office in Suphanburi.  To this she replied that there most certainly was going to be.  But she couldn't say when it would be opened.  So there is still hope for an immigration office closer to home sometime in the future.  

3 hours ago, rickb said:

I was at the Ayutthaya Immigration Office last week to extend my permission of stay.  When I arrived, I was asked if I am a resident of Ayutthaya or Suphanburi.  I replied Suphanburi and was led to another building behind the main office where there was a temporary sign "Suphanburi Immigration Office" and one immigration officer processing all of the business.  While I was waiting for my new extension of stay stamp in my passport, I asked the immigration officer if there was going to be an Immigration Office in Suphanburi.  To this she replied that there most certainly was going to be.  But she couldn't say when it would be opened.  So there is still hope for an immigration office closer to home sometime in the future.  

rick, thanks for your info...

in another thread someone said that the IO at Ayutthaya was requiring folks wanting to renew extensions with income affidavits from the US embassy to have them certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...did this affect your extension application?

Tutsiwarrior, your statement is correct.  The affidavit from the US embassy regarding your monthly income from the USA must now have the signature of the Consul signing the letter verified and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).  I arrived at the Immigration Office in Ayutthaya without the stamp from the MFA and was told I couldn't complete my request for an extension of stay.  I then had to drive to the MFA Office on Chaeng Wattana Road the next day to have the paper certified.  It cost 400 baht and can be done in a few hours if you submit the paper and form before 11:00 am.  They'll tell you to come back after 1:00 pm to get the stamped form.  I actually had enough time to drive from Chaeng Wattana Road to the Ayutthaya Immigration Office that same day and had me extension of stay based on retirement approved before they closed the Immigration Office down for the day.  I'm told that all immigration offices are now requiring the income affidavit issued by the US Embassy to be certified by the MFA.  

22 minutes ago, rickb said:

I'm told that all immigration offices are now requiring the income affidavit issued by the US Embassy to be certified by the MFA.  

It is not only the income affidavits from the US that people have asked to get verified. I have seen reports of income letters from the UK embassy having to be verified.

It is certainly not all offices that are requiring it. As far as I know it is only Nonthaburi, Patum Thani (translation to Thai also), Hua Hin and now Ayutthaya that have been reported as wanting it.

I used a income affidavit on the 4th of this month to apply for my extension without a problem.

37 minutes ago, rickb said:

Tutsiwarrior, your statement is correct.  The affidavit from the US embassy regarding your monthly income from the USA must now have the signature of the Consul signing the letter verified and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).  I arrived at the Immigration Office in Ayutthaya without the stamp from the MFA and was told I couldn't complete my request for an extension of stay.  I then had to drive to the MFA Office on Chaeng Wattana Road the next day to have the paper certified.  It cost 400 baht and can be done in a few hours if you submit the paper and form before 11:00 am.  They'll tell you to come back after 1:00 pm to get the stamped form.  I actually had enough time to drive from Chaeng Wattana Road to the Ayutthaya Immigration Office that same day and had me extension of stay based on retirement approved before they closed the Immigration Office down for the day.  I'm told that all immigration offices are now requiring the income affidavit issued by the US Embassy to be certified by the MFA.  

rick...thanks again for this important, if dismaying, news...

any additional documentation required by the MFA for their stamp other than the embassy letter?

Tutsiwarrior... the only documentation I needed was the notorized income letter from the embassy and my passport.  There is also a form that you fill out at the MFA before you submit your documents.  It's not a difficult process.  It's just a little time consuming.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Yieldman for the information.  Do you have any more specific info, such as off of what main street, near what specific landmark, anything that might help locate the place.  I believe there are numerous Soi 9s in the city.  Of course, I guess I could call their phone number and ask them for directions.  Except that my Thai is not that great!

I sent them an email asking directions and they replied as follows:

'Suphanburi immigration office near Sahavit school  in pp.9 house Phaikwang - Pamok Rd. tharahat, muangsuphanburi,Suphanburi 
 tel.035-440464 '

it would be nice to know what their requirements are regarding retirement extensions, i.e., per the police order or is there a Ministry of Foreign Affairs verification requirement for embassy income affidavits? I don't haveta renew until December...

I could send them another email, I suppose...
Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who haven't been there yet, I found the new Suphanburi Immigration Office today.  It is on the south side of the road from Suphanburi to Pa Mok, Route 33.  If you are travelling from Suphanburi east, toward Pa Mok, you'll see on the right side of the road a large, new subdivision called Pi Pi 9 (พีพี 9) and also will see the new Sahavit School on the right side, about 1 km from the bridge that passes over Hwy 340.  After you pass these two places, take the next U-turn and head back toward Suphanburi.  As you approach the Pi Pi 9 housing complex, you'll see some temporary signs saying "Suphanburi Immigration".  Turn into the housing complex and follow the temporary signs which have arrows directing you to the new Immigration Office.  It is located in a new, one-storey square building with a flat roof.  Over the front door is a large sign that says Suphanburi Immigration.  There is also a small parking lot next to the building.  The building is actually in the back of the housing development.  I hope these directions help those that haven't found the new office yet.

thanks fer that, rick and all the best...

for those that are interested the route 33 bridge goes over hwy 340 just by  the big tesco lotus...once you find that then there should be no problem finding the office...

hopefully...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, rickb said:

For those who haven't been there yet, I found the new Suphanburi Immigration Office today.  It is on the south side of the road from Suphanburi to Pa Mok, Route 33.  If you are travelling from Suphanburi east, toward Pa Mok, you'll see on the right side of the road a large, new subdivision called Pi Pi 9 (พีพี 9) and also will see the new Sahavit School on the right side, about 1 km from the bridge that passes over Hwy 340.  After you pass these two places, take the next U-turn and head back toward Suphanburi.  As you approach the Pi Pi 9 housing complex, you'll see some temporary signs saying "Suphanburi Immigration".  Turn into the housing complex and follow the temporary signs which have arrows directing you to the new Immigration Office.  It is located in a new, one-storey square building with a flat roof.  Over the front door is a large sign that says Suphanburi Immigration.  There is also a small parking lot next to the building.  The building is actually in the back of the housing development.  I hope these directions help those that haven't found the new office yet.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:50 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

thanks fer that, rick and all the best...

for those that are interested the route 33 bridge goes over hwy 340 just by  the big tesco lotus...once you find that then there should be no problem finding the office...

hopefully...

Does this look right with the immigration office in the area below the 3365 (could be a route N0 change)

Suphanburi Immigration.JPG

Hi Ron19,

What you've shown in the aerial view above is actually the weekly market in Sam Chuk.  So it is not the Suphanburi Immigration Office.  You need to go south about 30+ kms. until you come to the city of Suphanburi.  Then, just south of the Tesco Lotus on the west side of Route 340, you'll see the bridge that goes over Route 340.  That road is Route 33.  Go east over the bridge and the immigration office will be between 1-2 kms. east of the bridge overpass on the south side of the road.  I just went there a few days ago to do my 90 days report and there are some temporary signs at the entrance with large arrows that direct you to the Immigration Office.  Unfortunately, the signs are in Thai.

• 4 weeks later...

I went this morning to the new Suphanburi office to renew my retirement extension, new multi-entry and 90 day report...came in at 1030 and was finished by 1145 with about a 10 minute wait...it was smooth with no demands for MFA verification for my embassy inome affidavit or any other troubles...

it's a small office with 2 IOs handling the customers...about 30 minutes after we arrived the place was full with about 10 - 15 others waiting, so get there early around 1000 to avoid a queue...

turn off Hwy 33 right by the Sahavit school and then follow the signs, they're in thai but got the immigration dept police insignia on them so can be read by falangs...

good luck and 'keep on rockin''

11 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I went this morning to the new Suphanburi office to renew my retirement extension, new multi-entry and 90 day report...came in at 1030 and was finished by 1145 with about a 10 minute wait...it was smooth with no demands for MFA verification for my embassy inome affidavit or any other troubles...

it's a small office with 2 IOs handling the customers...about 30 minutes after we arrived the place was full with about 10 - 15 others waiting, so get there early around 1000 to avoid a queue...

turn off Hwy 33 right by the Sahavit school and then follow the signs, they're in thai but got the immigration dept police insignia on them so can be read by falangs...

good luck and 'keep on rockin''

also...there was no mention of the stupid homeowner reporting 'requirement' and associated fines, etc that so many others have mentioned recently at other offices...complete and utter BS...