Translation please, and not an auto translate.

chang14

Hey TV

Can I get a translation on the following, I have tried a few translations but still can't figure it out.

Feeling บอกตัวเอง

เราต้องรู้ ว่าควรจะอยู่ตรงไหน เป็นอะไรได้แค่ไหนสุดท้ายก้เป็นได้แค่คนที่เข้ามาแล้วก้ผ่านไปเหมือนคนทั่วไป

"Im telling myself.

I have to know my own position. It doesn't matter how important i am (to you) in the end im just a person who passing by in your life time like other people."

Not sure if i translated this correctly.

But this sound like a lyrics of a (oneside/sad) love song.

Sent from my SM-G925I

Speak by yourself. We must should this are where, something matter, just speak out, left out some ok, but the person who come was just average

Father rendering, grammar etc are surely needed

that doesn't even sound like English:) think best to go with the first poster that responded:)

A bit more context might be helpful?

FWIW I'd go with something along the lines of:

"Tell yourself

We need to know where we fit in

Because, no matter what happens, what we have, in the end we’re just passing through like everyone else"

Context is essential. Thai is very ambiguous. When I started learning Thai and asked native speakers for the meaning of a phrase inevitably they replied with: who said that, where, when? I thought: does it matter? But soon found out that in most cases it does.

I got answers like: if the person who said this was sad it means X but when he was happy it means Y.

Also here context might give some clues although in the end most of us farangs can only translate word by word at syntax level and then give their personal interpretation of the overall meaning at semantics level. Semantics level is where it gets complicated and even chances are that if you ask two native Thai speakers that they come up with two different translations/interpretations.

Context is essential. Thai is very ambiguous. When I started learning Thai and asked native speakers for the meaning of a phrase inevitably they replied with: who said that, where, when? I thought: does it matter? But soon found out that in most cases it does.

I got answers like: if the person who said this was sad it means X but when he was happy it means Y.

Also here context might give some clues although in the end most of us farangs can only translate word by word at syntax level and then give their personal interpretation of the overall meaning at semantics level. Semantics level is where it gets complicated and even chances are that if you ask two native Thai speakers that they come up with two different translations/interpretations.

Context is essential.

A lot of truth in what you say.

I can listen to two Thais talking and not understand a word of what they are talking about, for the simple reason the situation was never expalined.

คำถาม, ไปไม่?

ตอบ, ไม่ไป

I can understand what is being talked about, but I have no clue as to whether its in the past or the future,

it will only be understood between the people talking.

Let me give it a shot. However, it has been months since I last done a translation.

It's something along the line of "We/I expect ourselves/myself to know where we/I stand (in a relationship), how far we/I can go (in a relationship). In the end, we/I can only be someone who come and pass through their/his/her lives, just like everyone else.

The context is not clear because this could refer to a friendship or an adult relationship, and it could be a general statement or a statement about her feeling about the end result of her expectation.

To give an example, the person writing it might be expecting that she could be more than just a friend to this particular person, but in the end she is just like another other person passing through that person's life.