TrueVisions does it again.

Paul Laycock

Thankyou for the information on your up coming upgrade in July, for Platinum and Gold subscribers.

When I watch my TV I really don't need to be reminded every two minutes of this monumental event,

Do I really have to put up with this until July, or do you want to lose another subscriber.

A note attached to my bill/statement would suffice.

The upgrade consists of interactive, EVOlution12, Translucent and maybe more I have missed - I don't need this shoved in my face 24 hours a day.

Enhancing my viewing is what they say, pissing me off is what I say.

If you know what any of that means please feel free to enlighten me, and no, I'm not going to visit the web site.

The upgrade consists of interactive, EVOlution12, Translucent and maybe more I have missed - I don't need this shoved in my face 24 hours a day.

Enhancing my viewing is what they say, pissing me off is what I say.

If you know what any of that means please feel free to enlighten me, and no, I'm not going to visit the web site.

I totally agree and was literally about to start a thread on it myself just now.

After Googling "Truevisions Evolution12", I didn't get a Truevisions link at the top of the results page... I got this one! biggrin.png So, well done!

I have already complained today on their help line: 0 27 25 25 25. Press 1 for Support.

I told the girl quite clearly, and politely, that I don't want this annoying distraction every 5 minutes at the top of my screen. I asked her to pass on my complaint to the appropriate department. She said she would.

I hope every one else also complains.

Plus, I dread what this actual interface will be like - Windows Aero maybe? We all know what a real success that was. dry.png

You can go to their website below and read about it in Thai (or at least I couldn't find an English version even when using their English language). Got some pretties on their webpage. And even when going to the TrueVisions home page they have a "pop-up" regarding the upgrade which you must close before viewing the page. YOU WILL BE MADE AWARE OF THIS COMING UPGRADE---DEAL WITH IT!!!!!. Maybe it will be like going from Win 7 to Win 8. tongue.png

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/news/detail/7288

Edited by Pib

True Visions doesn't give a damn what you think. When the girl said she would pass your complaint to the appropriate department, she meant the garbage can.

They should REALLY upgrade their programming, instead of running 40 year old movies repeatedly day after day.

You can go to their website below and read about it in Thai (or at least I couldn't find an English version even when using their English language). Got some pretties on their webpage. And even when going to the TrueVisions home page they have a "pop-up" regarding the upgrade which you must close before viewing the page. YOU WILL BE MADE AWARE OF THIS COMING UPGRADE---DEAL WITH IT!!!!!. Maybe it will be like going from Win 7 to Win 8. tongue.png

More like XP to Vista. dry.png

For those who cannot read Thai, the web site says under the first picture (according to Google Translate):

"You Suksit Reap lakes Battle Pong (2nd from left), Director of Marketing True Visions Group Co., Ltd. and Siam Reap company's new plant Wong Gul (left), Director. Interactive TV True Visions Group launches "New TrueVisions TV's new" Connect the Digital World to the best TV viewing experience. See more fun with six intelligent technology. Gold and Platinum members to switch to the new world of TV at its best. New entertainment formats. Without added costs starting July 7th at Tipco Tower Rd., Rama 6 recently."

So now we know. crazy.gif - more fun with six intelligent technology. Wonderful.

Edited by JetsetBkk

For those who cannot read Thai, the web site says under the first picture (according to Google Translate):

"You Suksit Reap lakes Battle Pong (2nd from left), Director of Marketing True Visions Group Co., Ltd. and Siam Reap company's new plant Wong Gul (left), Director. Interactive TV True Visions Group launches "New TrueVisions TV's new" Connect the Digital World to the best TV viewing experience. See more fun with six intelligent technology. Gold and Platinum members to switch to the new world of TV at its best. New entertainment formats. Without added costs starting July 7th at Tipco Tower Rd., Rama 6 recently."

So now we know. crazy.gif - more fun with six intelligent technology. Wonderful.

:D

Well, that clears up the doubts.

Thanks for the translation.

:D

Edited by BuddhistVirus

biggrin.png

Well, that clears up the doubts.

Thanks for the translation.

biggrin.png

Hmm, strange, I haven't seen that annoying message for a couple of hours! The last time I saw it, it was at the bottom of the screen and in a smaller font.

Maybe they got the message, or maybe the guy who pushes the button to start it streaming has gone home.

Time for bed, said Zebedee

Based on my observance over the last week, it all depends on what channel you are watching at the time. I've done channel surfing while the message was appearing on one channel and other channels did not have the message...and on some channels I haven't seen the message at all after watching it for hours.

Based on my observance over the last week, it all depends on what channel you are watching at the time. I've done channel surfing while the message was appearing on one channel and other channels did not have the message...and on some channels I haven't seen the message at all after watching it for hours.

That's odd. When I channel surfed yesterday - mostly film channels, 222 upwards - I saw it on all of the ones I went to but, obviously, I didn't check that many, maybe 5 or 6.

I didn't see it last night after about 2am and haven't seen it at all today on some film channels and, now, Fox Sports.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes indeed - still only have to wait until as they say, sometime in July for the upgrade. Thanks so much TrueVisions.

Haven't seen it so far today. I wonder what the Thai social media sites are saying about this irritation. Probably a lot worse than what I've said! biggrin.png

Yes indeed - still only have to wait until as they say, sometime in July for the upgrade. Thanks so much TrueVisions.

Haven't seen it so far today. I wonder what the Thai social media sites are saying about this irritation. Probably a lot worse than what I've said! biggrin.png

Expect little is being said on Thai social media as most Thais just watch free-to-air C/KU band Thai stations. TrueVisions plans are for us farangs who gotta have some English channels (I'm one of those farangs), city slickers who don't have much of any choice in TV providers at their condo/apartment, etc.tongue.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just so you know, the much awaited upgrade of whatever it was, never happened. I talked to a customer service rep today, and not hearing the usual countdown, surmised they trashed it, but called anyway to make sure I hadn't done anything wrong.

It seems, at the end of the day, after all the newspaper articles, they, for a reason never explained, decided not to do it. The girl said she had already received numerous complaints. Since it was never clearly explained to begin with, I couldn't care less, but do see humor in it. After spending so much on PR and fanfare, it seems they were hoping nobody really paid any attention to it (whatever it was) and canceled it.