Holy cow! - or should that be a cash cow!

rooster59

Holy cow! - or should that be a cash cow!

post-247607-0-15187300-1464409941_thumb.

Image: Thairath

CHACHERNGSAO: An orphaned calf called "Bringer of Fortune" is being hailed at a Chacherngsao temple.

The six month old male calf is loved by all at the temple of Wat Saman Ratanaram - especially the local ladies who have shops that are attracting more customers thanks to the lovely antics of "Jao Riak Sap".

Apparently the calf follows the abbot all over the temple even hugging him and seems to understand human speech. He is obviously grateful after the abbot Phra Prachathammanak saved him from the abattoir. The calf's mother died while giving birth.

The temple has a section for rearing cows used for ploughing and this helps to raise donation by members of the public making merit. But while the other cows are chained up, Jao Riak Sap (literally the one who brings fortune) is allowed to roam free much to the delight of everyone who sees him.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-28

I would like to hear the justfication for a temple to get into raising /keeping cattle, to be used for ploughing, to raise donation from the locals. Dothey loan them out for ploughing, rent, or sell?

I notice the monk has his mobil phone in hand, Are the monks giving out advice via phone now?

I would like to hear the justfication for a temple to get into raising /keeping cattle, to be used for ploughing, to raise donation from the locals. Dothey loan them out for ploughing, rent, or sell?

I notice the monk has his mobil phone in hand, Are the monks giving out advice via phone now?

Iphone 6 isnt too bad to be a monk .... if i dont mind saying so ..

What's wrong about making money?

Nothing happens until there is a sale or transfer of money/wealth.

If money wasn't transferred people would starve!

Millions are already starving, in case you and other proponents of the specious "trickle down" theory of crapitalism haven't noticed.

Archived