Why does this happen EVERY TIME? How to fix please?

peeba7

At least one friend that I call, with both phones in Thailand, it rings once and then goes directly to a busy signal, every time now for maybe two years. She has to call me, I am unable to call her, making it difficult to arrange plans and such. If i send her a text, not sure it is received or she has money to call back or is able to reach me.

It has happened before with other numbers but not very often. Maybe a network call center call is in order but sometimes the answers here are often better because I sometimes I get NO answers from my network except it's MY phone or MY fault or some run around like 'go to a network branch.' In fact it might be her phone or something on her end. Communicating this to her for her to fix it, seems to be going no where.

I thought maybe my number gets blocked somehow accidentally (or otherwise with other numbers.) Not sure and I do not have access to her phone to try to fix the problem, however call screening on my phone enables the call to ring, I just don't have to hear it, nothing to do with sending my caller a busy signal.

I think if someone does not want to answer you they can press their phone and yes, it may then go to voice mail or to a busy signal. I can tell when hat is the case as it rings more than once. This is NOT the case here and the first ring is truncated, not a full ring.

PLEASE HELP, thank you, somewhat important.

2 tests to try. The first is whether you are able to make a call to someone else in Thailand. If that works then the problem is neither with your phone or the network. A second test is to phone your friend using a different sim card and see if that gets answered. Have you tried communicating using LINE? BTW, what phone are you using?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all, she wants to hear from me, when i text her she calls me back. The ones that don't are obvious. Yes her phone must have blocked me but getting her to unblock me remotely when both our language skills are limited is a challenge. I think I need to get someone to write a text to her in Thai explaining this. I am not sure she is technically proficient enough to unblock me since i believe this is an accident.

PROBLEM SORTED!

I did all I could at my end and then loudly and firmly told her to go to her carrier's shop, when she called me. She did! One never knows but this is what I suspect happened: She had a long term client for a couple of months and I think he got jealous of me calling and blocked my number on her phone because soon after his arrival, I was never able to ring her again.

CURIOUS please: If my number gets blocked can they still receive texts from me???

PROBLEM SORTED! I did all I could at my end and then loudly and firmly told her to go to her carrier's shop, when she called me. She did! One never knows but this is what I suspect happened: She had a long term client for a couple of months and I think he got jealous of me calling and blocked my number on her phone because soon after his arrival, I was never able to ring her again. CURIOUS please: If my number gets blocked can they still receive texts from me???

on iPhone for example when adding a number to the block list, it blocks everything so calls and messages, but I have no idea about other phones.

re: the TXT yes, and the Call No question:

an answer depends on what her mobile is? earlier non-smart ones can block a Call (usually AllCalls) but not an SMS.

In those situations, a Call Block on a particular number requires contacting her carrier

There are many current smarts that can block both txt and calls.

The thing is that, depending again upon brand and model, a blocked incoming txt might not be received, yet the receiver (her) still receives a notification about what has just tried to come in...

PROBLEM SORTED! I did all I could at my end and then loudly and firmly told her to go to her carrier's shop, when she called me. She did! One never knows but this is what I suspect happened: She had a long term client for a couple of months and I think he got jealous of me calling and blocked my number on her phone because soon after his arrival, I was never able to ring her again. CURIOUS please: If my number gets blocked can they still receive texts from me???

on iPhone for example when adding a number to the block list, it blocks everything so calls and messages, but I have no idea about other phones.

Mostly it IS other phones I see in Thailand.

re: the TXT yes, and the Call No question:

an answer depends on what her mobile is? earlier non-smart ones can block a Call (usually AllCalls) but not an SMS.

In those situations, a Call Block on a particular number requires contacting her carrier

There are many current smarts that can block both txt and calls.

The thing is that, depending again upon brand and model, a blocked incoming txt might not be received, yet the receiver (her) still receives a notification about what has just tried to come in...

Does it indicate the number or the sender?

Trying to be helpful

I'm outta here

Android doesn't block SMS.

Because they want to send you the 'DailyHoro' and other rubbish

Trying to be helpful

I'm outta here

Thank you, you WERE helpful. It is just that most Thais can not afford iphones. I hope you did not take that the wrong way.

Archived