Good food in and around Mae Hia

leonardjones625

Hi guys,

I recently moved close to the Mae Hia market area.

Any recommendations for reasonably priced food in the area? I remember hearing there are a few small hidden gems in the area with cheap Western food cooked by Farang.

Also, any good Thai spots in particular with a full English menu? None of the places I tried so far stood out.

Papa Rocks near Big C Hang Dong - Ring Rd @ 108.....Pizza & Pasta diagonally across the street.....Some people love the salad bar across from Big C. but have not been there.....

There's more but can't remember the exact name of a couple of them....

September Brasserie at Chill Park opposite BigC is excellent... beers, wood fired pizza, tapas, full menu.

Pancake House at rear of Me Hia talad for Thai/farang food, incl breakfast.

Yummy Pizza of course!

Edited by kaptainrob

OP thats 6 places mentioned already; I will add another but it makes that 3 pizza places in the same area:

There is a new Italian place called Little Italy pizza garden. (just turn left at the junction where Yummy pizza is...100m away)

I have been 3 times, very pleased with the pizzas and salads but sadly I am a big beer bottle lover, they dont sell so a big mark down personally. food vfm excellent!

A meal a day at each.....that lot is going to cost you a fortune.

enjoy......the calories.

Yummy Pizza is my favorite in Mae Hia-live music on Wednesdays. I've yet to try Little Italy yet as they are often closed when I drive by. Mr. Chan's just south of the LPG station and next to the temple has a decent selection. The food stalls are very hit or miss. Some are quite good-you just need to try them out.

Francesca Pizza, does more than just Pizza.

I suppose you could add Mr. Chan and Pauline also, a Japanese place just around the Market area, New York Pizza.

The Korean place at Chill Park, or is that the one referred to as a salad bar already?

Laughing Monkey for eat at home stuff.

Incidentally, it rather depends on what 'reasonably priced' means, I was going to say something about a couple of the places mentioned with regard to reasonably priced, but forget it--the OP can decide himself.

Edited by haybilly

Francesca Pizza, does more than just Pizza.

I suppose you could add Mr. Chan and Pauline also, a Japanese place just around the Market area, New York Pizza.

The Korean place at Chill Park, or is that the one referred to as a salad bar already?

Laughing Monkey for eat at home stuff.

Incidentally, it rather depends on what 'reasonably priced' means, I was going to say something about a couple of the places mentioned with regard to reasonably priced, but forget it--the OP can decide himself.

With all due respect I think you miss the point re "good food".

Chan&Paulines has a certain ambiance and extensive menu which can be hit and miss. Recent visits have disappointed.

Korean bbq place at Chill Park is crap.

Laughing Monkey I would love to try if I ever find their kitchen/shop.

Yummy, Francescas, September Brasserie ... all very good, IMO

Laughing Monkey is good and pretty easy to find- take the road that passes Rimping and the Mall, (and eventually passes Vdara Resort,) but about 100 metres up that road is a fork and you should go right, another 200 metres on the left is Laughing Monkey (Ian is usually there cooking, most of the time)

There is a sign on the side of these road.

I don't particularly like Chan and P's either, but some do.

There Korean place has a buffet at lunch which many people have spoken highly of, LumLum I believed it's called.

It's always difficult to recommend places because everywhere can have a bad day ( although I like Yummy, and go weekly,I managed to get a stomach bug even there, once, shock horror!!)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk