No Thais Have Ever Died

Utley

Has it ever occurred to you that in recent times, no Thais have ever died in the service to their country. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Edited by Utley

Iraq War (2003–2004)

After the successful US invasion of Iraq, Thailand contributed 423 non-combat troops in August 2003 to nation building and medical assistance in post-Saddam Iraq.[28] Troops of the Royal Thai Army were attacked in the 2003 Karbala bombings, which killed two soldiers and wounded five others.[29] However, the Thai mission in Iraq was considered successful, and Thailand withdrew its forces in August 2004. The mission is considered the main reason the United States decided to designate Thailand as a major non-NATO ally in 2003.[18]

Southern insurgency (2004–ongoing)

The ongoing southern insurgency began long before 2004, waged by the ethnic Malays and Islamic rebels in the three southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narathiwat, but it had always been small scale. The insurgency intensified in 2004, when terrorist attacks were extended to ethnic Thai civilians in the provinces.[30] The Royal Thai Armed Forces in turn responded with strong armed tactics.[31] By the end of 2012 the conflict had claimed 3,380 lives, including 2,316 civilians, 372 soldiers, 278 police, 250 suspected insurgents, 157 education officials, and seven Buddhist monks.[32]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Armed_Forces

Guess you haven't followed the news in the South of Thailand ....have you?

A few have met their maker from ied's, been about 14 to my knowledge this year alone.

There you go Utley....you are now informed, that Thais have given their lives for their service to their country......

A few have met their maker from ied's, been about 14 to my knowledge this year alone.

There you go Utley....you are now informed, that Thais have given their lives for their service to their country......

A very small contribution to say the least.

Your curiosity would be appeased if I said 14,000 ?

They are not crazy fanatics like those in the US dying or oil money. I prefer to live for my country and countries that want their citizen to die for them are crazy. I wonder who brainwashes people to die for their country. I am pretty sure your from the USA

Yes, Americans have been sacrificing themselves for others for a long time. I was just wondering what Thais have done to make the world a better place.

Why are you posting ? Are you a wannabe troll ?

What has Laos/Cambodia/Singapore etc "done" to make the world a complete mess as have the demented American Warmongers ? Do you really think that places like the ME and Afghanistan are better places than they were before America started bombing ? If you believe life has "improved" in these places please list exactly what is "better " ?

Edited by johnatong

Thankfully not that many.

They are more intelligent than many Western idiots that get sheep'd off into battlefields constructed for the profit of their leaders.

Unfortunately they have come a cropper in the South and along the Cambodian border regions, among a select few others.

10 seconds on google

(video on shootings at the Thai-Cambodian border)

The Thai soldiers (and others) who have fallen to bombs in the south have my respect, but these lives lost in shootings over a silly land dispute with Khmers, for this [self-censored] wat is the most absurd and useless waste of human life. Nobody should have ever died there.

It's best to ignore trolls (especially baby-killing ones) like the sad old grumpy man who started this thread. If nobody had replied to his initial attempt at riling everyone up, he would have just gone back to sitting alone, getting drunk, and polishing his medals.

Yes, Americans have been sacrificing themselves for others for a long time. I was just wondering what Thais have done to make the world a better place.

If you think that Americans getting themselves killed in wars that have no concern to their national defence and being sent into conflicts simply to massage the egos of their small dicked politicians has in any way made the world a safer or more secure place you are delusional in the extreme. If the USA had followed the Thai model since the second world war the world would be a far safer and better place by a huge margin

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

//Closed//