Benro / Slik tripod stockists - Chiang Mai?

SooKee

Anyone know of any camera stores in CM that stock a reasonable range of Slik / Benro tripods? I'm specifically after something like a Slik Sprint Pro II with a 3 way head, or a Benro equivalent. Just want to try and avoid countless wasted trips and the long trawl around various shopping malls to find they don't have.

I've tried 3-4 stores in Airport Plaza with no joy, Big Camera has mostly Manfrotto and while they're great I already have a $600 carbon tripod in Malaysia which I couldn't be bothered to bring this time, so not looking to spend much more than 4,000 baht on this. Lazada have them at around 3,800 BUT the Slik I want only ships from abroad and I'm prepared to use only COD with Lazada, so stuffed there.

Cheers. I've ordered from Lazada for now. Might still cancel if I get out to Central and see what I like. Photo Bug had a few Benro but all ball head. Price about the same as Lazada. I'm really after a 3 way pan / tilt head however as I find the ball heads a bit fiddly when setting up landscape shots as I'm forever knocking the horizontal out of line.

Lazada has some Benro that ship within LOS and have the 3 way head so I opted for the A300HFD1 for 3,850 rather than buy from Photo Bug then have to buy a separate head.

Sent using Tapatalk

Well. Did the tour of Central Festival. Nothing there either really. Having trawled probably most of the camera shops that would be likely to have anything I wanted, what struck me as I traipsed round was a desperate lack of variety and a lack of anything even slightly out of the ordinary.

What grates in some places is the staff that hook on to your tail as soon as you walk in then hover around as you look. Particularly when you ask said person if the shop carries Slik tripods only to get told no with two of them sat in plain sight. Then because most are so so quality ball heads, ask to buy a 3 way head. No have. Not really like it's some obscure piece of niche equipment. Sometimes I miss Amazon!!!! It's stuff like this I dislike shopping for in Thailand. If it ain't plain vanilla you're after. Forget it.

Posted via Tapatalk

Edited by SooKee

Yah, I was after a Slik and actually found one a Sprint II or whatever it's called for 2,500 at Photo Pro at Central Festival. Trouble is, like all the others, it's a ball head which I really really don't wan't. I find unless ball heads are really good quality they're a PITA as I often find I need to adjust the vertical level of my shot, for effect, but not the horizontal. I then find I'm forever piddling around getting the shot level again. As such I really need a tilt pan head and that would mean me buying a separate head, IF I could find one!! Only one shop had one and that was an enormous Manfroto costing twice as much as the tripod, not one of the other shops had a tilt/pan at all.

There were Sliks on Lazada with T/P heads but from overseas only but I did find a Benro with a T/P so I'll stick with that I think, like I say, I already have a Manfroto carbon in Malaysia, this is just for occasional use here.